U-haul moving & storage of kingwood
2008.06.19 08:23 Houston, TX
2019.01.25 00:52 enderlord2 intotheshadowrealm
A great place to watch someone or something slip unexpectedly into the shadow realm
2014.07.22 17:50 r/UHAUL - Reddit’s home for all things U-HAUL Moving and Storage
Reddit's entirely unofficial home for UHAUL. Customer support requests are welcome and will probably be answered, unofficially, by real employees... See below or the About tab for more details.
2023.06.03 23:58 Impossible_Pickle_50 Just bought 2 of These but nothing in my inventory, anyone know what to do?
2023.06.03 23:56 catlady20913 What on earth could be going on with my spine?? Help appreciated!!!
I am 20F… Medications: Cimmitidine, Loratadine
Conditions: Long Covid, Schermanns kyphosis, POTS, heart thing maybe myocarditis but unconfirmed
Medical history: dystonia from buccastem July 2022 causing spinal issues, really stiff and spastic including legs which I couldn’t move lying flat, cardiac issues, drooling, dysphagia (+a lot more) Head MRI and head CT done about a week after: normal
Recently had cefelexin and co-amoxiclav. Also admitted to ER recently with chest pain, not really relevant I guess but was then diagnosed with severe hypophosphatemia (levels were 0.32 now corrected)
HISTORY: Symptoms I have had recently:
Insane head pressure (especially lying down exasperated in certain positions but also relieved in others - but with “consequences’… below* -mild headaches eye pressure (feeling immense pain behind my eyes) *tachycardia that can drop 20-30 beats just by changing neck position sometimes, (and while lying flat staying otherwise still) very suddenly Leg weakness and aches *back stiff at the top *rosy read cheeks *drooling, only sometimes, usually when head pressure bad *bladder issues including pain never feels empty either *can’t sweat 99% of the time - since 2022 after covid tbh but spinal adjustments albeit rarely seem to lead to sweating so maybe relevant? *body feels *shocked** if I move my spine ‘wrong’… heart slows a lot and breathing gets shallow and difficult. Bizarrely the pressure in my head and neck eases but it’s like my body panics, as do I.
Then May 20th I had a headache worse than usual. My mum massaged upper my back and neck. It was a rough massage, but she insists she didn’t touch my spine.
But Anyway a day or so later I wake up with:
*horrendous upper back pain *stiff neck *light sensitivity *more head pressure than usual *headache *episodic breathing & heart differences esp moving neck lying flat - which are only helped by changing position again. Also coinciding with relief of head, neck and spine pressure but unsustainable bc of this.
The main thing bothering me is the insane head pressure at times and the shock feeling - that feeling really freaks me out, I know it’s not right but I don’t know how to explain it that well ?? And if I’d be laughed off tbh bc it’s so vague and bizzare lol.
Thank you so much for any help!
submitted by catlady20913
to AskDocs [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:55 Old_Finger_884 MY ex (26) MOVED INTO MY (23) APARTMENT ?
My ex and I broke off for so many reasons but primarily because he’s dishonest and extremely manipulative & emotionally abusive. I rent a Room in a House ( which he found for me) and my roommate who has been sharing the place with me moved out. We were still talking and I mentioned to him that she’d moved out suddenly and I was shocked, he then said he’d like to move in but I assumed he was joking because I already wanted to do no contact with him and move on so this now was an insane suggestion. I said I would talk to my landlord and the next thing I heard was my landlord asking if (my ex) could move in because she didn’t want me to be uncomfortable, I then said no and my ex called her and started spewing nonsense about if it was stranger this wouldn’t be a debate and also that it’s her (my landlord) choice since it’s her house. I told him, him moving in here would make my celibacy journey impossible and him going behind my back was disrespectful which he disagreed. I’m sooo mad and i cant Imagine anything more psychotic ( btw he is in actual need of a house ) I’m devastated.
submitted by Old_Finger_884
to dating_advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:53 ItsWHATlee My thoughts on ep 5-8
Now that we’re coming up on Ultimatum Day, here are my updated thoughts on everyone:
I don’t think ANY of the original couples should get married.
Aussie & Sam: Aussie needs therapy. They are not ready for marriage and they have to learn how to stop running away when there is an ounce of conflict. I am very proud of the growth Sam has exhibited since her trial marriage with Tiff. If Aussie cannot grow with her, Sam needs to move on.
Mildred & Tiff: Tiff initially rubbed me the wrong way about the dog situation, but I am so happy to see that they have grown and have learned how to properly communicate with people and I love that for them. I also love that they are calling out Mildred’s BS because she is out of line. (Being a Latina is NOT an excuse, wtf?) I don’t think Mildred is actually ready for marriage, I think she likes the idea of marriage. I truly believe that if they get married, it will not end well.
Xander & Van (shortened name): Xander can do better and deserves better. I feel like Van only made a lot of last ditch efforts when she saw how much Xander connected with Yoly. She truly believed that Xander wasn’t going to find anyone else better than her.
Lexie & Rae: I liked Lexi at first, but I don’t like how she has handled the Rae & Van situation. Since she has repeatedly said that she still wishes to marry Rae, she needs to let it go. Also, she is very controlling and poor Rae needs some confidence and self esteem. Lexi seems to prey on that and I don’t think they should get married. I like Lexi is obsessed with the idea of marriage as well.
Mal & Yoly: Mal was right about Yoly falling in love with everyone. I personally don’t understand how she still proposed even with Yoly saying she is still in love with Xander. Also, Yoly is a bit hypocritical because she criticized Mal for wanting to wait until her finances were in order and then said that she liked the fact that Xander already had money saved up for IVF. I think they should both walk away because I don’t think the love is still there.
submitted by ItsWHATlee
to TheUltimatumNetflix [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:52 TheSmellOfColon Just hit the one month mark!
I am down 9 lbs! I'm assuming it's all water weight right now because my body doesn't look *too* different, but I cannot be happier with the benefits that I've had the last 4 weeks!
My SW is 133lbs, I don't really have a specific goal weight I'd say, as I'm wanting to lose fat, but gain some weight back in muscle. Once I hit my goal appearance, I'm thinking of doing keto at a maintenance level until early next year (when my LDR boyfriend moves in with me), but I really wouldn't mind doing it for longer. It's been extremely beneficial.
Here are some of my findings in the the first month of doing keto:
- My love for food and cooking has been reignited. I've been struggling with binge eating/purging and having a terrible relationship with food for the last 4 years. I'm now eating things like chicken wings, chicken thighs, steak, bacon, cheese, chicharron, chicken skin and eggs. I used to eat strictly egg whites and chicken breast when I was doing low carb & low fat. At first, I was honestly really worried about tracking again as it's such a slippery slope for me, but I've been planning out my meals and tracking everything just fine. My mental health surrounding food has been so much better.
- I've been sleeping like a fricken baby. I fall asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow, and I feel so well rested when I wake up.
- Grocery shopping is way more streamlined. I have my list for the week, I'm in and out, and not spending money on random snacks.
- My skin looks soooo good because of all the water I'm drinking.
- Speaking of water, I've never used Mio before since I like good ol' regular water, and I started using the blueberry lemonade Mio for my ketoade. Mio is so good lol
- No bloating! I've been sensitive to something when I ate pizza and pasta but only sometimes. Couldn't figure it out. But now it's not an issue.
- I'm way less hungry and fasting is much easier. I eat between 12:00 pm and ~6:30 pm and I don't often find the need to snack.
- I'm eating the most whole foods ever in my life.
- I've never had such a positive and fun outlook on a big lifestyle change.
The cons list is short- my performance at the gym is still hindered and I get hella sugar cravings. I'm still probably not fully fat adapted yet, but I'm patient. And I'm happy with how things are going!
I've been on this sub every day and I read through everyone's questions and answers as much as possible to keep learning. This is such a wonderful community and I just wanted to give thanks to each and every one of you for your help on this journey :)
submitted by TheSmellOfColon
to keto [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:52 ColinMarlin Mod storage not going down
| || |
Had some mods installed but unsubscribed to some to make space, and my memory went down but my storage didn’t. Uninstalled all mods and the storage is still stuck. Please advise! submitted by ColinMarlin to snowrunnerxbox [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:45 Socksksks Week 22, 2023 Recap
The other day I wrote about how the market seemed to be at a pivotal point.
One of my strongest abilities in trading is identifying the exact day/week something major will happen. I tend to be wrong on the direction but the timing is right.
I grew my margin account 59% yesterday by positions I have in DPST and RETL. The positions were intended to be a bit of a hail mary, (of which I've made 2-3 that have failed), which seem to be working.
Yesterday; EQAL rose 2.45%, RSP rose 2.18%, IWM rose 3.62%.
This would be considered strong breadth after an extended period of sideways in nearly all of the assets listed. This suggests heavily that markets will more or less rally for a month or two, especially if these assets continue to demonstrate strength going into the following week.
So which sectors saw the most buying?
- Regional Banks (KRE)
- Industrials (PRN)
- Small cap Energy (PSCE)
- HomeBuilders (XHB)
- Retail (XRT)
The theme here is; Beaten down small cap. This, in my opinion is likely to be a recurring theme going forwards. Equal weighted, or small cap ETF's have been out of the limelight for over 5 years at this point, with this major breakout of a long term base it's very possible that Friday marked day one of a long term move for things like IWM.
This implies trading aggressively, if you were risking 0.5% of your account on trades due to the duration bearish market, gold & lumber ratio, low breadth, or whatever it may be wise to double or triple your risk tolerance until breadth slows down.
submitted by Socksksks
to Socksks [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:43 blizzard_is_lanky Is It Worth Pursuing IT (2023+)?
However, many people on this subreddit are saying that the IT market is doing poor right now and a lot of people are speculating that with the evolution of AI, many jobs might get changed in the foreseeable future. I also do currently reside in a coastal city with a lot of people, and with the recent surge of Migrants, entry level jobs are more competitive. I was wondering how IT overall is and if it's worth pursuing for a full-time career for my lifetime until I retire. I don't mind moving after college to a random state for a job. I even won't mind moving to Canada if that's what it takes.
I would love it for you guys to share some advice for my future.
submitted by blizzard_is_lanky
to ITCareerQuestions [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:42 felyxsnow I’m lifting my 2019 eGolf!
Bought this eGolf new in Los Angeles. Took it with me on my move to Florida and will be taking it on my next move to Puerto Rico. Fully paid off - just ticked over 30k miles.
Game plan is to lift the eGolf & give it some chunkier tires to mitigate the potholes and generally rough road conditions. Range isn’t a concern but was kept in mind since I work from home.
Just got the springs put in!
Next week, I will be putting 27” Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons on a set of Rally White 17” Fifteen52 Tarmac rims. Approx weight gain compared to stock: ~5 pounds per wheel
submitted by felyxsnow
to eGolf [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:36 pineapplechica420 Am I crossing a boundary deep cleaning floors/walls while my regular is away?
I watch these 3 pups 5 days a week, I do drops ins! This is my first house sit for them! I’ve had this client for a year now when I first did a M&G with her she told me how she was going through a divorce and has the dogs & house to herself now. She’s a nurse and works about 12 hours a day through out the week so I feel for her. She had to go away because a sick family member this weekend and I wanted her to come home to a clean home. Her pups leave mud all over the floors and walls and pee stains all on the carpet downstairs and one of the kennels smells so bad of dirt build up/pee. I am in no room to judge anyone I know living alone and working full time is tough. With being a long term client I watch so frequently do you guys think it’s appropriate I just do a deep clean on the floors and walls and kennels? I wouldn’t move any of her things obviously. (Using my own cleaning products, pet friendly)
submitted by pineapplechica420
to RoverPetSitting [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:34 fishybeaver PCS overseas with boat?
I feel like this is a long shot but has anyone done it?
Freight forwarder is giving me a hard time and seemingly giving me every excuse to not ship it. 5 days before my scheduled move date I get a call recommending I put the boat in storage instead. I stated that it is authorized to come with me and I would like it in my HHG.
Next, they send out their inspector who measured everything and they tell me that the trailer is a no-go due to its length being over 14 feet even though the trailer has a swing-away tongue which makes it under the 14 foot requirement. They claim “we follow the larger requirements as it minimizes risk”.
I tell them to take the trailer off and just ship the boat and they come back claiming my move will have to be pushed another 3 weeks due to the need to build a specialty crate the support the boat.
It’s a flat bottom boat which is easily lifted by 2 adults, can lay flat without any rolling and is literally smaller than the couch currently in my move. I tell them that which gets them into insurance crating requirements.
I tell them I want the movers to move it to their warehouse and they can crate it there. I also asked what’s the need to push my date. We left off on that after an email chain back and fourth with the HHG office cc’d on everything at the close of business Friday afternoon.
Any tips are appreciated, Thank you.
submitted by fishybeaver
to uscg [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:32 itsjackwayne Square Enix And Ubisoft Lead NFT Game Development
| || |playtoearngames.com submitted by itsjackwayne to playtoearn_games [link] [comments]
As web3 technology transforms the gaming industry, several web2 video game publishers around the world are dabbling in NFT games in order to stay ahead of the competition. These publishers are refocusing their efforts on incorporating blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, and NFTs into video games. Some of the world's largest gaming companies are gradually showing interest in Web3, with platforms such as PC shooters, mobile games, and multiplayer metaverse games in mind.
Furthermore, the majority of the game publishers on our list have their headquarters in Asia, with only one in the United States and one in Europe. This dominance corresponds to DappRadar's prediction that Asia will become a Web3 gaming hub. In this article, we'll look at some notable game publishers who are launching new projects in the web3 gaming market.
Square Enix Leads the Charge in NFT Games
Since 2019, Square Enix, the company behind the success of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts video games, has been investigating NFT games. In 2021, the company will release a limited-edition bundle of NFT trading cards based on Ethereum. Six months later, Square Enix traded the rights and the Tomb Raider IP to its three studios in order to raise funds for blockchain ventures and artificial intelligence (AI) research and development.
Earlier this year, the developer announced that Symbiogenesis, an NFT game, would be made available on the Ethereum sidechain ecosystem Polygon. The next game, according to the company, is a "collectible art project" with a storyline and a mystery that players must solve.
The publisher also stated that it plans to bring its Dungeon Siege IP to the gaming world. Square Enix previously invested in The Sandbox, a metaverse game. In addition, on Polkadot, Square Enix released Final Fantasy VII NFT-based trade cards linked to real-world statues and collectibles on Enjin's Efinity platform.
Nexon, a solution-oriented firm, is developing MapleStory Universe, a unique MapleStory game, on Polygon NFTs. The NFT game, according to Nexon, will have its own private network or polygon "Supernet." Nexon is a major South Korean Web2 game developer. Other successful titles from the developers include Dungeon and Fighter, Sudden Attack, and KartRider.
The original MapleStory games drew a massive player base of over 260 million people. Furthermore, the studio's revenue increased to more than $4 billion. Hwang Sun-Young, Group Leader of MapleStory Universe, stated that Polygon Labs and the team will work directly on all aspects of the game's creation and promotion.
Ubisoft, a French game publisher, is one of the few Western Web2 video game developers who openly embrace NFTs. In 2021, free Tezos NFTs for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint became available. Even though the NFTs were unappealing and were introduced in a game with few active players, they sparked a furious online outcry from gamers who dislike the concept of NFTs in games.
Ubisoft released "Smart Collectibles" from Assassin's Creed at the start of 2023, a clever move that combines tangible collectibles with digital NFT components. In The Sandbox game, the studio also revealed NFTs based on its Rabbids IP.
Krafton, the South Korean publisher of PUBG: Battlegrounds and PUBG Mobile, has announced plans to release a metaverse game that supports NFT. The studio uses the "create-to-earn" mechanism, which allows players to create their own digital resources.
While no new releases have made headlines, Zynga's Web3 gaming section is making progress. According to a job posting on the studio's website, the studio is currently looking for talented and ambitious software engineers. The studio is growing its team in order to dive into the world of web3 games and create innovative projects.
Take-Two Interactive, Zynga's parent company, is one of the world's largest gaming publishers. Titles in its diverse portfolio include Grand Theft Auto, NBA 2K, and Red Dead Redemption.
NCSoft, a Korean game developer, is responsible for titles such as Guild Wars, Blade & Soul, and the Lineage series. It has stated its intention to develop NFT games on the recently established Sui blockchain. NCSoft participated in Mysten Labs' $300 million Series B fundraising round last year.
Com2us Plans Multiple NFT Games
Com2us, a versatile South Korean gaming company, created and published Summoners War. The studio is very interested in blockchain-based games and is currently working on projects based on NFTs and cryptocurrency integrations via the XPLA blockchain.
In a letter, the company's U.S. President Kyu Lee stated that the company plans to develop 10 to 15 blockchain games per year, with the majority of them being for mobile devices.
WeMade to Launch NFT-based Fishing Game
Wemade promoted its cryptocurrency gaming platform Wemix Play at the Game Developers Conference in March 2023. Wemix Play, according to a representative from Wemade, aims to serve as a cryptocurrency game equivalent to the Steam store.
World Fishing Championship is a new fishing game for Android devices released by the Korean game publisher Wemade. R1B and Night Crows are two additional blockchain games that the company intends to release this year. R1B, a baseball game, and Night Crows, a high-concept fantasy MMORPG, are being converted into Web3 games in order to compete with international competitors.
Find Play to Earn Gaming News
Thank you for reading this PlayToEarnGames.com news story. We are the best place to find out what's new and exciting in the world of play-to-earn games. Our website has reviews, videos, and in-depth articles
about the newest and most exciting P2E games for different platforms.
We give you all the information you need to make the most of your gaming time. For the games you have an interest in, you can find information about game tokens, white papers, and links to social media sites.
2023.06.03 23:27 Sharkmasterfl3x Can anyone give me insight into my PS5 controller?
I’ve had the console for about 9 months now and it works great, aside from whenever I have to type in a password or username when adding a friend, the PS5 mostly (but not always which is weird) forces me to use my touchpad to navigate the keyboard. As in there is no other option available, the analog sticks and d pad just stop functioning once the keyboard opens. Which is plain obnoxious bc of how highly sensitive it is, the cursor bounces all over the keyboard and even if I move it to a lower area on the screen (you can move the keyboard) I often can’t access certain rows (the entire row of numbers at the top) or letters. So I end up having to take upwards of five to ten minutes sometimes to type in a username or password, by the time I’m done I’m often so annoyed that I don’t want to play anymore. Anyhow, I’ve tried searching the console for accessibility options on deactivating this to no avail, clicking L3 & R3 only serves to move the keyboard. Any insight is appreciated!
submitted by Sharkmasterfl3x
to NoStupidQuestions [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:16 _Triple_ [STORE] 900+ KNIVES/GLOVES/SKINS, 50.000$+ INVENTORY. M9 Fade, M4 Poseidon, BFK Freehand, Crimson Kimono, Nomad Fade, Skeleton, Kara Lore, Bayo Autotronic, AWP Fade, Kara Damas, BFK Ultra, Kara Freehand, Kara Bright, M9 Damas, Omega, Tiger Strike, Flip MF, Bayo Tiger, Deagle Blaze, Talon & More
Everything in my inventory is up for trade. The most valuable items are listed here, the rest you can find in My Inventory
Feel free to Add Me or even better send a Trade Offer. Open for any suggestions: upgrades, downgrades / knives, gloves, skins / stickers, patterns, floats.
All Buyouts are listed in cash value.
★ Butterfly Knife Freehand FN #1, B/O: $2500
★ Butterfly Knife Ultraviolet FT, B/O: $822
★ Butterfly Knife Scorched FT, B/O: $616 ⎯
★ Bayonet Tiger Tooth MW #1, B/O: $1300
★ Bayonet Autotronic FN, B/O: $1050
★ Bayonet Tiger Tooth MW, B/O: $629
★ Bayonet Bright Water FT, B/O: $326
★ Bayonet Safari Mesh BS, B/O: $233 ⎯
★ Karambit Lore FT, B/O: $1110
★ Karambit Damascus Steel FT, B/O: $840
★ Karambit Freehand MW, B/O: $784
★ Karambit Bright Water MW, B/O: $759 ⎯
★ M9 Bayonet Fade FN, B/O: $1801
★ M9 Bayonet Fade FN, B/O: $1801
★ M9 Bayonet Damascus Steel FN, B/O: $751 ⎯
★ Nomad Knife Fade FN, B/O: $1156
★ Nomad Knife Slaughter MW, B/O: $544
★ Nomad Knife Blue Steel WW, B/O: $318 ⎯
★ Flip Knife Marble Fade FN, B/O: $646
★ Flip Knife Doppler (Phase 4) FN, B/O: $574
★ Flip Knife Gamma Doppler (Phase 1) MW, B/O: $552
★ Flip Knife Case Hardened FT, B/O: $257
★ Flip Knife Freehand FT, B/O: $255
★ StatTrak™ Flip Knife Bright Water FN, B/O: $287 ⎯
★ Huntsman Knife Lore FN, B/O: $461
★ Huntsman Knife Gamma Doppler (Phase 4) FN, B/O: $436
★ Huntsman Knife Doppler (Phase 3) FN, B/O: $353
★ Huntsman Knife Autotronic FT, B/O: $212
★ Huntsman Knife Bright Water FT, B/O: $129
★ Huntsman Knife Forest DDPAT MW, B/O: $129
★ Huntsman Knife Forest DDPAT BS, B/O: $123
★ StatTrak™ Huntsman Knife Rust Coat BS, B/O: $127 ⎯
★ Bowie Knife Gamma Doppler (Phase 2) FN, B/O: $375
★ Bowie Knife Gamma Doppler (Phase 1) FN, B/O: $363
★ Bowie Knife Tiger Tooth FN, B/O: $269
★ Bowie Knife Crimson Web WW, B/O: $192
★ Bowie Knife Bright Water FN, B/O: $159
★ Bowie Knife Ultraviolet FT, B/O: $126 ⎯
★ Stiletto Knife Slaughter FN, B/O: $616
★ Stiletto Knife Crimson Web FT, B/O: $412
★ StatTrak™ Stiletto Knife Night Stripe FT, B/O: $227 ⎯
★ Falchion Knife Lore FT, B/O: $214
★ Falchion Knife Autotronic FT, B/O: $192
★ Falchion Knife Scorched WW, B/O: $105 ⎯
★ Survival Knife Crimson Web BS, B/O: $216
★ Survival Knife Case Hardened FT, B/O: $198
★ Survival Knife Scorched FT, B/O: $111 ⎯
★ Shadow Daggers Fade FN, B/O: $368
★ Shadow Daggers Doppler (Phase 3) FN, B/O: $228
★ Shadow Daggers, B/O: $201
★ Shadow Daggers Damascus Steel FT, B/O: $108
★ Shadow Daggers Ultraviolet FT, B/O: $105
★ Shadow Daggers Black Laminate FT, B/O: $99
★ Shadow Daggers Forest DDPAT FT, B/O: $85 ⎯
★ Gut Knife Doppler (Sapphire) MW #1, B/O: $1700
★ Gut Knife Gamma Doppler (Phase 1) FN, B/O: $223
★ Gut Knife Marble Fade FN, B/O: $203
★ Gut Knife Doppler (Phase 2) FN, B/O: $191
★ Gut Knife Case Hardened BS, B/O: $127 ⎯
★ Navaja Knife Doppler (Phase 4) FN, B/O: $199
★ Navaja Knife Doppler (Phase 4) FN, B/O: $199
★ Navaja Knife, B/O: $138
★ Navaja Knife Damascus Steel FN, B/O: $111 ⎯
★ Classic Knife Urban Masked FT, B/O: $146
★ StatTrak™ Classic Knife Stained BS, B/O: $168 ⎯
★ Ursus Knife Doppler (Phase 3) FN, B/O: $476
★ Ursus Knife, B/O: $375 ⎯
★ Skeleton Knife, B/O: $1137
★ Talon Knife, B/O: $608
★ Paracord Knife, B/O: $305
★ Survival Knife Forest DDPAT FT, B/O: $97
★ Moto Gloves Transport MW, B/O: $204
★ Moto Gloves Polygon BS, B/O: $142
★ Moto Gloves Blood Pressure BS, B/O: $84
★ Moto Gloves Blood Pressure BS, B/O: $84
★ Moto Gloves 3rd Commando Company BS, B/O: $63
★ Moto Gloves 3rd Commando Company BS, B/O: $63 ⎯
★ Specialist Gloves Crimson Kimono WW, B/O: $1215
★ Specialist Gloves Tiger Strike FT, B/O: $672
★ Specialist Gloves Lt. Commander FT, B/O: $305
★ Specialist Gloves Lt. Commander BS, B/O: $140
★ Specialist Gloves Crimson Web BS, B/O: $137
★ Specialist Gloves Buckshot FT, B/O: $75 ⎯
★ Driver Gloves Crimson Weave FT, B/O: $359
★ Driver Gloves Imperial Plaid BS, B/O: $229
★ Driver Gloves Overtake BS, B/O: $77
★ Driver Gloves Racing Green FT, B/O: $48 ⎯
★ Sport Gloves Omega FT, B/O: $739
★ Sport Gloves Amphibious BS #2, B/O: $733
★ Sport Gloves Arid BS, B/O: $292 ⎯
★ Hand Wraps Giraffe MW, B/O: $212
★ Hand Wraps Leather FT, B/O: $160
★ Hand Wraps Desert Shamagh MW, B/O: $101 ⎯
★ Broken Fang Gloves Yellow-banded MW, B/O: $185
★ Broken Fang Gloves Needle Point FT, B/O: $67
★ Broken Fang Gloves Needle Point WW, B/O: $59 ⎯
★ Hydra Gloves Case Hardened BS, B/O: $65
★ Hydra Gloves Emerald FT, B/O: $65
★ Hydra Gloves Emerald BS, B/O: $62
AK-47 Case Hardened BS, B/O: $130
AK-47 Bloodsport MW, B/O: $79
AK-47 Fuel Injector BS, B/O: $76
AK-47 Fuel Injector BS, B/O: $76
AK-47 Bloodsport FT, B/O: $70
AK-47 Neon Rider MW, B/O: $60
StatTrak™ AK-47 Aquamarine Revenge FT, B/O: $72 ⎯
AWP Fade FN, B/O: $1039
AWP Asiimov FT, B/O: $139
AWP Asiimov FT, B/O: $139
AWP Wildfire MW, B/O: $95
AWP BOOM MW, B/O: $93
AWP BOOM MW, B/O: $93
AWP Duality FN, B/O: $81
AWP Asiimov BS, B/O: $79
AWP Asiimov BS, B/O: $79
AWP Chromatic Aberration FN, B/O: $60
StatTrak™ AWP Hyper Beast FT, B/O: $68
StatTrak™ AWP Hyper Beast FT, B/O: $68
StatTrak™ AWP Electric Hive FT, B/O: $55 ⎯
Desert Eagle Blaze FN, B/O: $623
Desert Eagle Emerald Jörmungandr FN, B/O: $241
Desert Eagle Cobalt Disruption FN, B/O: $81
Desert Eagle Cobalt Disruption FN, B/O: $81
Desert Eagle Cobalt Disruption FN, B/O: $81
Desert Eagle Printstream FT, B/O: $54 ⎯
M4A1-S Blue Phosphor FN, B/O: $434
StatTrak™ M4A1-S Bright Water MW, B/O: $55 ⎯
M4A4 Poseidon FN, B/O: $1465
M4A4 Asiimov BS, B/O: $55
M4A4 Hellfire MW, B/O: $50 ⎯
USP-S Kill Confirmed MW, B/O: $72
USP-S Printstream FT, B/O: $69
StatTrak™ USP-S Kill Confirmed FT, B/O: $139 ⎯
AUG Flame Jörmungandr FN, B/O: $234
P90 Run and Hide FT, B/O: $147
Five-SeveN Candy Apple FN, B/O: $61 Knives - Bowie Knife, Butterfly Knife, Falchion Knife, Flip Knife, Gut Knife, Huntsman Knife, M9 Bayonet, Bayonet, Karambit, Shadow Daggers, Stiletto Knife, Ursus Knife, Navaja Knife, Talon Knife, Classic Knife, Paracord Knife, Survival Knife, Nomad Knife, Skeleton Knife, Patterns - Gamma Doppler, Doppler (Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3, Phase 4, Black Pearl, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald), Crimson Web, Lore, Fade, Ultraviolet, Night, Marble Fade (Fire & Ice, Fake FI), Case Hardened (Blue Gem), Autotronic, Slaughter, Black Laminate, Tiger Tooth, Boreal Forest, Scorched, Blue Steel, Vanilla, Damascus Steel, Forest DDPAT, Urban Masked, Freehand, Stained, Bright Water, Safari Mesh, Rust Coat, Gloves - Bloodhound Gloves (Charred, Snakebite, Guerrilla, Bronzed), Driver Gloves (Snow Leopard, King Snake, Crimson Weave, Imperial Plaid, Black Tie, Lunar Weave, Diamondback, Rezan the Red, Overtake, Queen Jaguar, Convoy, Racing Green), Hand Wraps (Cobalt Skulls, CAUTION!, Overprint, Slaughter, Leather, Giraffe, Badlands, Spruce DDPAT, Arboreal, Constrictor, Desert Shamagh, Duct Tape), Moto Gloves (Spearmint, POW!, Cool Mint, Smoke Out, Finish Line, Polygon, Blood Pressure, Turtle, Boom!, Eclipse, 3rd Commando Company, Transport), Specialist Gloves (Crimson Kimono, Tiger Strike, Emerald Web, Field Agent, Marble Fade, Fade, Foundation, Lt. Commander, Crimson Web, Mogul, Forest DDPAT, Buckshot), Sport Gloves (Pandora's Box, Superconductor, Hedge Maze, Vice, Amphibious, Slingshot, Omega, Arid, Big Game, Nocts, Scarlet Shamagh, Bronze Morph), Hydra Gloves (Case Hardened, Emerald, Rattler, Mangrove), Broken Fang Gloves (Jade, Yellow-banded, Unhinged, Needle Point), Pistols - P2000 (Wicked Sick, Ocean Foam, Fire Element, Amber Fade, Corticera, Chainmail, Imperial Dragon, Obsidian, Scorpion, Handgun, Acid Etched), USP-S (Printstream, Kill Confirmed, Whiteout, Road Rash, Owergrowth, The Traitor, Neo-Noir, Dark Water, Orion, Blueprint, Stainless, Caiman, Serum, Monster Mashup, Royal Blue, Ancient Visions, Cortex, Orange Anolis, Ticket To Hell, Black Lotus, Cyrex, Check Engine, Guardian, Purple DDPAT, Torque, Blood Tiger, Flashback, Business Class, Pathfinder, Para Green), Lead Conduit, Glock-18 (Umbral Rabbit, Fade, Candy Apple, Bullet Queen, Synth Leaf, Neo-Noir, Nuclear Garden, Dragon Tatto, Reactor, Pink DDPAT, Twilight Galaxy, Sand Dune, Groundwater, Blue Fissure, Snack Attack, Water Elemental, Brass, Wasteland Rebel, Vogue, Franklin, Royal Legion, Gamma Doppler, Weasel, Steel Disruption, Ironwork, Grinder, High Beam, Moonrise, Oxide Blaze, Bunsen Burner, Clear Polymer, Bunsen Burner, Night), P250 (Re.built, Nuclear Threat, Modern Hunter, Splash, Whiteout, Vino Primo, Mehndi, Asiimov, Visions, Undertow, Cartel, See Ya Later, Gunsmoke, Splash, Digital Architect, Muertos, Red Rock, Bengal Tiger, Crimson Kimono, Wingshot, Metallic DDPAT, Hive, Dark Filigree, Mint Kimono), Five-Seven (Neon Kimono, Berries And Cherries, Fall Hazard, Crimson Blossom, Hyper Beast, Nitro, Fairy Tale, Case Hardened, Copper Galaxy, Angry Mob, Monkey Business, Fowl Play, Anodized Gunmetal, Hot Shot, Retrobution, Boost Protocol), CZ75-Auto (Chalice, Crimson Web, Emerald Quartz, The Fuschia is Now, Nitro, Xiangliu, Yellow Jacket, Victoria, Poison Dart, Syndicate, Eco, Hexane, Pole, Tigris), Tec-9 (Rebel, Terrace, Nuclear Threat, Hades, Rust Leaf, Decimator, Blast From, Orange Murano, Toxic, Fuel Injector, Remote Control, Bamboo Forest, Isaac, Avalanche, Brother, Re-Entry, Blue Titanium, Bamboozle), R8 Revolver (Banana Cannon, Fade, Blaze, Crimson Web, Liama Cannon, Crazy 8, Reboot, Canal Spray, Night, Amber Fade), Desert Eagle (Blaze, Hand Cannon, Fennec Fox, Sunset Storm, Emerald Jörmungandr, Pilot, Hypnotic, Golden Koi, Printstream, Cobalt Disruption, Code Red, Ocean Drive, Midnight Storm, Kumicho Dragon, Crimson Web, Heirloom, Night Heist, Mecha Industries, Night, Conspiracy, Trigger Discipline, Naga, Directive, Light Rail), Dual Berettas (Flora Carnivora, Duelist, Cobra Strike, Black Limba, Emerald, Hemoglobin, Twin Turbo, Marina, Melondrama, Pyre, Retribution, Briar, Dezastre, Royal Consorts, Urban Shock, Dualing Dragons, Panther, Balance), Rifles - Galil (Aqua Terrace, Winter Forest, Chatterbox, Sugar Rush, Pheonix Blacklight, CAUTION!, Orange DDPAT, Cerberus, Dusk Ruins, Eco, Chromatic Aberration, Stone Cold, Tuxedo, Sandstorm, Shattered, Urban Rubble, Rocket Pop, Kami, Crimson Tsunami, Connexion), SCAR-20 (Fragments, Brass, Cyrex, Palm, Splash Jam, Cardiac, Emerald, Crimson Web, Magna Carta, Stone Mosaico, Bloodsport, Enforcer), AWP (Duality, Gungnir, Dragon Lore, Prince, Medusa, Desert Hydra, Fade, Lightning Strike, Oni Taiji, Silk Tiger, Graphite, Chromatic Aberration, Asiimov, Snake Camo, Boom, Containment Breach, Wildfire, Redline, Electric Hive, Hyper Beast, Neo-Noir, Man-o'-war, Pink DDPAT, Corticera, Sun in Leo, Elite Build, Fever Dream, Atheris, Mortis, PAW, Exoskeleton, Worm God, POP AWP, Phobos, Acheron, Pit Viper, Capillary, Safari Mesh), AK-47 (Head Shot, Wild Lotus, Gold Arabesque, X-Ray, Fire Serpent, Hydroponic, Panthera Onca, Case Hardened, Vulcan, Jet Set, Fuel Injector, Bloodsport, Nightwish, First Class, Neon Rider, Asiimov, Red Laminate, Aquamarine Revenge, The Empress, Wasteland Rebel, Jaguar, Black Laminate, Leet Museo, Neon Revolution, Redline, Frontside Misty, Predator, Legion of Anubis, Point Disarray, Orbit Mk01, Blue Laminate, Green Laminate, Emerald Pinstripe, Cartel, Phantom Disruptor, Jungle Spray, Safety Net, Rat Rod, Baroque Purple, Slate, Elite Build, Uncharted, Safari Mesh), FAMAS (Sundown, Prime Conspiracy, Afterimage, Commemoration, Dark Water, Spitfire, Pulse, Eye of Athena, Meltdown, Rapid Eye Move, Roll Cage, Styx, Mecha Industrie, Djinn, ZX Spectron, Valence, Neural Net, Night Borre, Hexne), M4A4 (Temukau, Howl, Poseidon, Asiimov, Daybreak, Hellfire, Zirka, Red DDPAT, Radiation Hazard, Modern Hunter, The Emperor, The Coalition, Bullet Rain, Cyber Security, X-Ray, Dark Blossom, Buzz Kill, In Living Color, Neo-Noir, Desolate Space, 龍王 (Dragon King), Royal Paladin, The Battlestar, Global Offensive, Tooth Fairy, Desert-Strike, Griffin, Evil Daimyo, Spider Lily, Converter), M4A1-S (Emphorosaur-S, Welcome to the Jungle, Imminent Danger, Knight, Hot Rod, Icarus Fell, Blue Phosphor, Printstream, Master Piece, Dark Water, Golden Coil, Bright Water, Player Two, Atomic Alloy, Guardian, Chantico's Fire, Hyper Beast, Mecha Industries, Cyrex, Control Panel, Moss Quartz, Nightmare, Decimator, Leaded Glass, Basilisk, Blood Tiger, Briefing, Night Terror, Nitro, VariCamo, Flashback), SG 553 (Cyberforce, Hazard Pay, Bulldozer, Integrale, Dragon Tech, Ultraviolet, Colony IV, Hypnotic, Cyrex, Candy Apple, Barricade, Pulse), SSG 08 (Death Strike, Sea Calico, Blood in the Water, Orange Filigree, Dragonfire, Big Iron, Bloodshot, Detour, Turbo Peek, Red Stone), AUG (Akihabara Accept, Flame Jörmungandr, Hot Rod, Midnight Lily, Sand Storm, Carved Jade, Wings, Anodized Navy, Death by Puppy, Torque, Bengal Tiger, Chameleon, Fleet Flock, Random Access, Momentum, Syd Mead, Stymphalian, Arctic Wolf, Aristocrat, Navy Murano), G3SG1 (Chronos, Violet Murano, Flux, Demeter, Orange Kimono, The Executioner, Green Apple, Arctic Polar Camo, Contractor), SMGs - P90 (Neoqueen, Astral Jörmungandr, Run and Hide, Emerald Dragon, Cold Blooded, Death by Kitty, Baroque Red, Vent Rush, Blind Spot, Asiimov, Trigon, Sunset Lily, Death Grip, Leather, Nostalgia, Fallout Warning, Tiger Pit, Schermatic, Virus, Shapewood, Glacier Mesh, Shallow Grave, Chopper, Desert Warfare), MAC-10 (Sakkaku, Hot Snakes, Copper Borre, Red Filigree, Gold Brick, Graven, Case Hardened, Stalker, Amber Fade, Neon Rider, Tatter, Curse, Propaganda, Nuclear Garden, Disco Tech, Toybox, Heat, Indigo), UMP-45 (Wild Child, Fade, Blaze, Day Lily, Minotaur's Labyrinth, Crime Scene, Caramel, Bone Pile, Momentum, Primal Saber), MP7 (Teal Blossom, Fade, Nemesis, Whiteout, Asterion, Bloosport, Abyssal Apparition, Full Stop, Special Delivery, Neon Ply, Asterion, Ocean Foam, Powercore, Scorched, Impire), PP-Bizon (Modern Hunter, Rust Coat, Forest Leaves, Antique, High Roller, Blue Streak, Seabird, Judgement of Anubis, Bamboo Print, Embargo, Chemical Green, Coblat Halftone, Fuel Rod, Photic Zone, Irradiated Alert, Carbon Fiber), MP9 (Featherweight, Wild Lily, Pandora's Box, Stained Glass, Bulldozer, Dark Age, Hot Rod, Hypnotic, Hydra, Rose Iron, Music Box, Setting Sun, Food Chain, Airlock, Mount Fuji, Starlight Protector, Ruby Poison Dart, Deadly Poison), MP5-SD (Liquidation, Oxide Oasis, Phosphor, Nitro, Agent, Autumn Twilly), Shotguns, Machineguns - Sawed-Off (Kiss♥Love, First Class, Orange DDPAT, Rust Coat, The Kraken, Devourer, Mosaico, Wasteland Princess, Bamboo Shadow, Copper, Serenity, Limelight, Apocalypto), XM1014 (Frost Borre, Ancient Lore, Red Leather, Elegant Vines, Banana Leaf, Jungle, Urban Perforated, Grassland, Blaze Orange, Heaven Guard, VariCamo Blue, Entombed, XOXO, Seasons, Tranquility, Bone Machine, Incinegator, Teclu Burner, Black Tie, Zombie Offensive, Watchdog), Nova (Baroque Orange, Hyper Beast, Green Apple, Antique, Modern Hunter, Walnut, Forest Leaves, Graphite, Blaze Orange, Rising Skull, Tempest, Bloomstick, Interlock, Quick Sand, Moon in Libra, Clean Polymer, Red Quartz, Toy Soldier), MAG-7 (Insomnia, Cinqueda, Counter Terrace, Prism Terrace, Memento, Chainmail, Hazard, Justice, Bulldozer, Silver, Core Breach, Firestarter, Praetorian, Heat, Hard Water, Monster Call, BI83 Spectrum, SWAG-7), M249 (Humidor, Shipping Forecast, Blizzard Marbleized, Downtown, Jungle DDPAT, Nebula Crusader, Impact Drill, Emerald Poison Dart), Negev (Mjölnir, Anodized Navy, Palm, Power Loader, Bratatat, CaliCamo, Phoenix Stencil, Infrastructure, Boroque Sand), Wear - Factory New (FN), Minimal Wear (MW), Field-Tested (FT), Well-Worn (WW), Battle-Scarred (BS), Stickers Holo/Foil/Gold - Katowice 2014, Krakow 2017, Howling Dawn, Katowice 2015, Crown, London 2018, Cologne 2014, Boston 2018, Atlanta 2017, Cluj-Napoca 2015, DreamHack 2014, King on the Field, Harp of War, Winged Difuser, Cologne 2016, Cologne 2015, MLG Columbus 2016, Katowice 2019, Berlin 2019, RMR 2020, Stockholm 2021, Antwerp 2022, Swag Foil, Flammable foil, Others - Souvenirs, Agents, Pins, Passes, Gifts, Music Kits, Cases, Keys, Capsules, Packages, Patches
Some items on the list may no longer be available or are still locked, visit My Inventory for more details.
Send a Trade Offer for fastest response. I consider all offers.
Add me for discuss if there is a serious offer that needs to be discussed.
submitted by _Triple_
to GlobalOffensiveTrade [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:10 cedricksusername Sapiens Discord Update - 18th to 31st of May, 2023
These updates were originally posted on the official Sapiens Discord server
May 18th, 2023
OK so the update is out, which is a good feeling, it's always nice when months of work finally makes it out the door!
From here, I will be fixing bugs and making minor improvements for a few weeks probably. I had a good playtest session last night and made some quite decent AI improvements, but it's too risky to send it out on the main branch just yet, so that will come next week after some more testing.
After I'm happy that the release is good and all the loose ends are tidied up, it will be time to start working on the next major update. I'm actually planning to introduce multiplayer in 0.5, so that's really exciting, I can't wait to get started.
May 21st, 2023
The update is going really well! Thank you everyone for the feedback and kind words, as well as the bug reports too.
Today I'm working on the most-reported issues, which are mostly around AI and the compost bins, as well as a few crashes. I've already fixed quite a few of them over the weekend, so either today or tomorrow I'll be sending an update out to the unstable branch, to be released later in the week.
Overall though there aren't too many urgent issues to sort out, which is fantastic, and I'll be able to get back to working on new stuff again very soon.
May 23rd, 2023
I've been up later than normal coding today, as I've been quite excited about some of these AI changes, they're really coming along nicely.
There's now a way better prioritization system under the hood, so it makes sense to give you the prioritize button for any order, any time. And now when you use that, the plans actually really do get prioritized
May 24th, 2023
Good morning, today I'm continuing to test and work on the AI and new priority system. I had a good play test session last night again and it's feeling so much better, especially when there are a lot of orders queued up.
It's quite a major change. That new prioritize button and the built-in weighting means that you have a lot more control now, so even if the AI doesn't get it quite right (which will always happen, performance limitations mean it's never going to be a perfect best-fit system), you have the tools right there to sort it out when you need to, and no longer need to limit the quantity of orders you give in order to maintain a good level of control. It really is a game changer.
So today I'm focusing on hunting. I'm testing all sorts of scenarios, and fixing up issues. Right now I'm making sure they don't abandon spears, and also won't pick up a spear that missed, to then carry all the way back to storage, while someone else comes all the way back to continue the hunt.
It's looking like I should be able to get this work wrapped up soon, for a release some time next week.
May 25th, 2023
I got the hunting working really well yesterday, so I'll be testing that myself over the next few days, and fixing issues before sending it out to the unstable branch next week.
However just as I was finishing off the hunting yesterday, I hit the graphical glitch and crash that a few people have been experiencing in 0.4. I think maybe it was because I updated my Nvidia driver recently, as I hadn't seen it before, but it's showing up quite reliably now which is great, because it means I can fix it.
I'd really rather be working on AI, but sometimes this is how it goes, you stumble on a bug and have to drop everything to make the most of the opportunity to fix it. The worst is when half way through fixing that bug you stumble on another bug... and so on until your head explodes... but let's hope that doesn't happen.
May 28th, 2023
Yay! I just fixed that crash. It took about 3 hours to track down. TLDR version is that fallen spears sometimes deleted their flax twine bit of the model from the GPU, but then tried to render with it, and I didn't have the information in the right place to be able to diagnose it easily.
Long version for anyone interested: What I could see was that if I loaded this particular save and flew in a particular direction, I would get GPU memory corruption with stretched out glitchy geometry and then often a crash at some point. By turning on Vulkan validation checking, I found that I was trying to render using a vertex buffer that had been deleted.
The tricky thing was finding out what buffer it was. I had no information, only a memory address for the buffer. So I had to go through every location in the code where I was allocating a buffer, and assign it a name to be able to identify it. Once I had done that, when it crashed, I could see it was a sub model for a moving object, but still wasn't sure the exact circumstances.
Eventually, by adding more and more details to the info that was being tracked, and then logging at various points in the creation of these buffers, I figured out that it was when a dynamic (flying or moving) spear was converted from a high detail model into a lower detail model, as you moved around. And with further investigation, it turned out that the twine model in a spear was being replaced out for a model with no render data whatsoever, it's just an empty model file, as you don't need to see that little blob of twine in the distance.
As a result there was a combination of 2 sub models that needed to be updated, along with one that needed to be removed. I was missing a single line of code to tell the renderer that it had been removed in that unique case. So I added the line, and now it's fine 🙂
So anyway, that's great. That's the most frequent crash by a long way, and it'll be fixed in 0.4.2, and I can go back to finishing off the AI testing.
May 31st, 2023
Good morning. Last night's playtesting went really well, the AI is starting to feel like a well oiled machine, I just wish I had spent this time a year or so ago!
I'm still finding the odd new bug, like I had to fix an issue where a sapien was sitting in the dark getting sad, but not moving to the light as I had broken something recently. But the issues are getting few and far between and overall it's a massive improvement. So after I've tidied up a few loose ends, it'll be ready to send out to the unstable branch later this morning, and after a few bug fixes it should be out for everyone late next week.
Here are the full release notes: AI/fixes:
- You can now prioritize any order at any time. Prioritized orders will tend to be completed before any other order.
- You can then deprioritize orders again to restore them to the default prioritization level
- Different plan types are now prioritized differently, so idle sapiens are much more likely to choose a recruit or hunt order than a store order.
- The outputs of prioritized orders retain the prioritization, so if you prioritize a gather order on an apple tree, then the store orders for the apples will also be prioritized
- If you manually assign sapiens to an order, they will drop everything and are much more likely to continue to work on that order.
- Sapiens are now a lot more likely to continue a single task to completion. Hunting in particular is much improved.
- If an item has a store order, it can now still be picked up and used for any other task, even if another sapien was heading to pick it up to store it.
- Taking a required tool to an order site now requires the order's role, instead of the general labor role. This improves efficiency as that sapien can then complete the order, and it stops tools getting stuck lying around waiting for the right sapien.
- Telling a sapien to stop, or manually assigning a sapien to an order now causes them to drop what they were carrying
- Fixes issues where spears wouldn't get store orders while hunting
- Fixes issues where spears and other loose objects could become invisible
- Order markers are now hidden when choosing a sapien to assign to an order
- Many bug fixes for AI issues relating to choosing orders
- AI performance optimizations
- Fixes crashes and graphical glitches
- More visitor tribes in the early stages of the game
- Visiting sapiens tend to stay longer
- Crucibles now degrade when used
- Reduced quantity of manure produced, as it was excessive and degraded performance
- Reduced quantity of sapien vocals when time is fast forwarded
submitted by cedricksusername
to sapiens [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:10 MetalMan4774 Transferring into Scarlet & Violet - Is it safe??
As you all know, we finally have the long-awaited Home compatability with Scarlet & Violet.
However, as has been the case for a few months now, there have been reported cases of people losing their save data due to their files being randomly corrupted. For this reason, I immediately moved all of my competitive and breeding mons into Home.
It sucks, because I really would love to import my competitive mons from past generations to use in raids or battle friends with.
But on the other hand, I have been breeding and training competitive Pokémon since Gen 5 - well over 10 years of work - and I really don't want to risk importing all those Pokémon only to lose them to data corruption. If that happened, I'd probably quit the franchise altogether.
What do you all think? Will Game Freak fix this in the future? Thanks in advance!
submitted by MetalMan4774
to PokemonHome [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:04 Syn246 Looking for a new core build (CPU + MB + RAM only, $2K or less) to replace an outgoing 5930K setup. Gaming & data/ML development use.
What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.
I have two main use cases:
- Gaming (various games, but currently Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, Valorant, etc.)
- AI/ML/data-related software development including ML model training, data visualization dashboard development, & database development with varying data set sizes (specific software currently is MS SQL, Python, Tableau Desktop, Power BI).
What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?
$2000 or less is ideal, for a core build only (CPU + motherboard + at least 32GB of RAM).
When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.
Within 1-2 weeks.
What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (ToweOS/monitokeyboard/mouse/etc)
CPU + motherboard + RAM. Existing build parts will be used for everything else.
Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?
USA Midwest; no local access to a Microcenter without spending more $ on gas than any potential cost savings.
If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.
GPU = RTX 3090; main storage drive = Samsung 970 NVMe so I'll need at least 20 PCIe lanes (16 for GPU + 4 for main SSD); PSU = Antec HCP 1300W Platinum; CPU cooler = 280mm AIO liquid cooler but I can't recall the specific brand/model # (I will buy a new one separate from this $2K budget if required); case = Corsair 760T; monitors = Acer XB1 (2560x1440 165Hz G-Sync) + Acer X34 (3440x1440 100hz G-Sync) at all times, + also sometimes my LG 65" OLED TV running console-esque games @ 1440p (rarely done).
Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?
Yes. I will overclock the CPU as far as the silicon lottery allows while maintaining reliability (I have plenty of past experience overclocking Intel CPUs, but not so much with AMD).
Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)
As much overall processing throughput as I can get within my budget, so as to speed up machine learning model training during overnight/off-hours when the system is not actively in use by me for generic use and/or gaming.
What type of network connectivity do you need? (Wired and/or WiFi) If WiFi is needed and you would like to find the fastest match for your wireless router, please list any specifics.
Wired for sure, but integrated mobo wireless would be a nice backup (not a dealbreaker by any means though).
Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-towefull-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?
N/A -- reusing my existing case (Corsair 760T as noted above).
Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?
Extra info or particulars:
I am replacing the guts of my existing build (i7 5930K OC @ 4.6ghz, MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition MB, & 16GB Corsair DDR4 2666mhz RAM). I tend to prioritize spending a bit more for a very high-quality motherboard that supports stable overclocking regardless of my CPU choice. I've got limited experience with AMD CPUs or their overclocking in recent history, but plenty of experience with Intel. I am definitely a bit biased towards Intel at the moment but I'm willing to look at AMD if the cost:benefit fits my two needs. From cursory searching, the Intel 13900KF and/or AMD 7800X3D caught my eye, but I've been out of the loop on core component builds for several years at this point.
Thanks so much in advance!
submitted by Syn246
to buildapcforme [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:03 subredditsummarybot Your weekly /r/metalcore roundup for the week of May 27 - June 02
Saturday, May 27 - Friday, June 02
|score ||comments ||title & link ||mirrors |
|974 ||290 comments ||[Discussion] Bring Me The Horizon ft. Lil Uzi Vert and Glassjaw- AmEN! || |
|796 ||286 comments ||[Discussion] Josh Middleton parts ways wth Architects || |
|632 ||47 comments ||[Discussion] Make Them Suffer hit 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify || |
|527 ||60 comments ||[Discussion] Destiny 2 adds new emote titled "Crabcore" modeled after Attack! Attacks!'s iconic Dance move. || |
|435 ||28 comments ||[Discussion] From Spencer Charnas of Ice Nine Kills - Jon Goldberg (subject of the song “Jonathan” has passed away after a 21 year battle with Mitochondrial Disease. || |
|364 ||134 comments ||[Discussion] Revisiting As Blood Runs Black’s album Allegiance. Still in 2023 this album holds up like no other! The demo to this album as also very good! ABRB ftw!!! What do you all think? || |
|362 ||340 comments ||[Discussion] Every Video I Have Seen of Invent, Animate Opening for Bad Omens Has Had a Dead Crowd || |
Top 5 Most Commented
|score ||comments ||title & link ||mirrors |
|70 ||301 comments ||Song you’ve had on repeat recently || |
|171 ||279 comments ||[Discussion] Bands named after other bands’ song titles/lyrics || |
|128 ||259 comments ||[Discussion] What's the best metalcore venue in the world? What's the worst? I personally love the Palladium in Worcester Mass. Great staff, great sound, great room = Great shows. || |
|67 ||196 comments ||[Discussion] Opinions on getting band/album tattoos? Anyone ever worried they’re gonna regret it if the band becomes problematic in the future? || |
|135 ||192 comments ||[Discussion] Does anyone actually like those super super slow breakdowns? || |
submitted by subredditsummarybot
to Metalcore [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:03 yunepio Analysis of all religions (3/3)
Posts in the series
In the previous post, we continued our analysis with a second round of eliminations of more religions that cannot reasonably be from a judging and fair God. At this point, only the Abrahamic religions remain to be analyzed, which we will do below.
The reason I wanted to analyze the Abrahamic religions together last is because they have many similarities. For one, they reference the same God and agree on many details: similar people, similar places, similar events and for the most part, even originated in the same region. In addition, two of them are the biggest religions in the world today, far ahead of all other religions in terms of adoption, nearly accounting for half of the people on the planet! The fact that they are spread out in time and that they reference each other, can at least in theory, represent a pattern of recurring communication. It's also possible that they're just copying from each others. Let's see!
The timeline of appearance of the Abrahamic religions from old to new is as follows: Judaism
- Year of inception: 3500 years ago, approximately
- Location of inception: Middle East (Modern day Palestine)
- Messenger: Moses
- Referenced prophets: Adam, Noah, Abraham...
- Year of inception: 2000 years ago, approximately
- Location of inception: Middle East (Modern day Palestine)
- Messenger: Jesus
- Referenced prophets: Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses & other prophets.
- Year of inception: 1400 years ago, approximately
- Location of inception: Middle East (Modern day Saudi Arabia)
- Messenger: Muhammad
- Referenced prophets: Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus & other prophets.
- Year of inception: 1000 years ago, approximately
- Location of inception: Middle East (Egypt)
- Messenger: Hamza Ibn Ali Ibn Ahmad
- Referenced prophets: Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad & other prophets.
- Year of inception: 200 years ago, approximately
- Location of inception: New York, United States of America
- Messenger: Joseph Smith
- Referenced prophets: Moses & Jesus. Does NOT reference Muhammad (Islam) nor Hamza (Druze)
- Year of inception: 200 years ago, approximately
- Location of inception: Middle East (Modern day Iran)
- Messenger: Baháʼu'lláh
- Referenced prophets: Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha...
Can the Abrahamic religions be instances of communication from their common God? It’s possible, however some issues surface:
- Issue 1: The Druze faith stands out with its secretive nature as it is intentionally restricted. This not only opposes the intention of communication, but also contrasts with the other Abrahamic religions that are all open.
- Issue 2: Mormonism and Baha’i Faith both start nearly 200 years ago in different places while not being compatible with each other. They cannot be both instances of communication. One of them isn’t, or both aren’t.
- Issue 3: Mormonism doesn’t accept Islam nor Druze, while Baha’i Faith accepts all major religions, even Buddhism, which is incompatible with Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
Let’s keep the issues above in mind and apply the same criteria to the Abrahamic religions in the same way we did to all of the others. We will analyze them in the chronological order of their appearance.
Let's analyze the message of Judaism.
- Criterion 1 (Living religion): PASS
- Criterion 2 (Warning of judgement): PASS. Judaism warns of judgment day and explains the conditions for success and failure. This makes it unsafe to dismiss! It's the first religion to pass this criteria.
- Criterion 3 (Universality): FAIL. While anyone can technically convert to Judaism, it seems like it was specifically destined for Hebrew people, who later became the Israelites. Many prophets after Moses were specific to the Israelites it seems. The beliefs themselves are universal, in that they don’t have anything in particular that caters to a specific group. Still, it seems restricted to the ethnic Jewish group.
- Criterion 4 (Past reference): PASS. Judaism references previous prophets of monotheism who were supposedly sent by the same God. Prophets like Noah and Abraham. This means that before Judaism came along, there were previous instances of communication, which is necessary for a judging and fair God.
- Criterion 5 (Alignment with reality): PASS. The idea that a God created everything and is testing humanity here on Earth is plausible and does align with the reality we are living. Almost all humans share a common life track: birth, weakness with need of care, strength and autonomy, weakness with need of care again, then death. Moreover, all humans have a certain level of free will. While no absolute free will of action exists, the free will to think and accept or reject ideas is guaranteed. This makes the judgment of such free will possible.
Now let's analyze Moses, the founder of Judaism.
- Criterion 1 (Impeccable social reputation): PASS. He was a leader to his people, the Hebrews. He saved them from the oppression they were living in under the Egyptians (1). He was known for his sense of justice and courage (2). Many of his stories are told in the Bible as well as in the Qur’an.
- Criterion 2 (Non-involvement rule): PASS. Moses is the first to pass this criterion. Every single founder of religion who was mentioned previously, was publicly involved with either an existing religion that served as a launch pad or had a profession or interest that prepared the terrain for their claim. Moses was raised by the Egyptians, but never adopted their religion, nor was he involved in any other religion that he publicly taught or engaged in. He also wasn’t known to have any profession where he produced thought or knowledge.
- Criterion 3 (Sudden self-produced life direction change): PASS. Moses killed an Egyptian who was mistreating one of his people. According to Britannica, Moses voluntarily killed the Egyptian after making sure that no one was looking (3). However, according to the Qur’an, Moses killed the Egyptian by accident after hitting him, and was instantly regretful asking God for forgiveness (4). Regardless of which version of the story is true, Moses fled because he feared for his life. Now here’s the sudden life direction change, he came back after a while by his own volition claiming to be sent by some God who was unknown to the Egyptians, then confronted the Pharaoh himself!!! No sane man would do such a thing! And not just that, he survived everything and won in the end!!!
- Criterion 4 (Complete devotion): PASS. Moses came back to a place where he feared for his life, put forward the exceptional claim that he was sent by a God he wasn't involved with when he left, confronted the ruler, and succeeded against incredible odds!
- Criterion 5 (Wide reach of message): PASS. The message of Moses had and still has a big influence on this very day! There probably aren’t many people in the world today who don’t know who Moses is, regardless of their beliefs. He is one of the most important prophets in many major religions. His legacy is still a part of the Bible as the Old Testament.
If there is a judging and fair God, Moses is highly likely to be one of his messengers. He passes all the criteria while explicitly making the claim of being sent by a God. If he was a fraud, he would have had an existing history of it, and he wouldn’t have dared to come back to a place where he killed someone and feared for his life, then challenge its ruler and win! If he was a deluded self-appointed leader to his people, that delusion would have been his demise. He would have been killed, as other religious founders have. Instead, he and his people, although an oppressed minority without any military power, were able to escape their oppressors and defeat them! This is impossible without some powerful external assistance.
One can reasonably claim that the story of Moses is just a myth that is made to look impressive. That would be fair, except it had more impact than what a myth can fathom. That being said, even if we accept that it’s all a myth, or at least a heavily augmented truth, it is still told by other Abrahamic prophets who happen to have had similar or more impact than Moses did. This makes his story as valid as theirs can be. So, let’s continue our analysis. Sources:
(1) From Britannica
: Moses... Hebrew prophet, teacher, and leader who, in the 13th century bce... delivered his people from Egyptian slavery...
(2) From Britannica
: ...When he found an Egyptian taskmaster beating a Hebrew, probably to death, he could control his sense of justice no longer...
(3) From Britannica
: ...After checking to make sure that no one was in sight, he killed the tough Egyptian overlord...
(4) From the Qur’an
(translation): ˹One day˺ he entered the city unnoticed by its people. There he found two men fighting: one of his own people, and the other of his enemies. The man from his people called to him for help against his foe. So Moses punched him, causing his death. Moses cried, “This is from Satan’s handiwork. He is certainly a sworn, misleading enemy.” He pleaded, “My Lord! I have definitely wronged my soul, so forgive me.” So He forgave him, ˹for˺ He is indeed the All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Let's analyze the message of Christianity.
- Criterion 1 (Living religion): PASS
- Criterion 2 (Warning of judgement): PASS. It does warn of an upcoming judgment and details the conditions of success and failure. This makes it unsafe to dismiss.
- Criterion 3 (Universality): PASS. It is definitely universal. Anyone can be a Christian, and it’s easy to find Christians from different countries, different ethnicities speaking different languages. It doesn’t get as universal as this!
- Criterion 4 (Past reference): PASS. It references previous religions and prophets, like Noah, Abraham, Moses, and many others. All of them being sent by the same God.
- Criterion 5 (Alignment with reality): FAIL. Some concepts in Christianity don’t align with reality well. Christians view Jesus as the son of God, but also as a part of God. God being three different entities, but still one: God the father, the holy spirit and the son. A concept called the trinity. Christians believe that God sacrificed his son in order to absolve humans from their sins. This doesn’t quite make sense for many reasons:
1: If God sacrificed his son in order to absolve us of our sins, judgment wouldn’t make sense. Also, why does a God have a son? Mortals have children to continue the species and to provide for them when they grow weak. A God doesn’t need a son...
- If God sacrificed his son, also a part of himself, it should have been the final act of life here on Earth. Instead, he let Muhammad come after and be so successful in reversing this idea, all while claiming to be sent by him!!! And what about the people who died a long time ago and never knew about this important sacrifice?
- The idea that God is all-powerful, all-knowing and all-loving doesn’t stand for a judging God. It simply isn’t possible for him to have these 3 attributes at the same time. If he is all-knowing, then he knows that many humans will fail his judgment and be severely punished. Consequently, if he is also all-powerful, being all-loving would have him not resort to judgment and not punish anyone. Since he insists on judgment with a heaven and hell, then he isn’t all-loving. Muhammad also happens to correct this idea.
- The conditions of success and failure in the upcoming judgment are not particularly fair. It’s not about what actions one does during their life, rather, it’s about accepting Jesus as savior. One can be the most ruthless killer, then just accept Jesus as savior in order to be absolved of all wrongdoing. Also, what about all the people who lived and died before Jesus was even born? They didn’t know Jesus; how can they accept him as savior? Haven’t they spent their lives following other rules? Isn’t that unfair to them?
Now let's analyze Jesus, the founder of Christianity.
- Criterion 1 (Impeccable social reputation): PASS. Jesus had a notoriously flawless social reputation and was known for his noble morals.
- Criterion 2 (Non-involvement rule): PASS. He was raised Jewish, however he wasn’t particularly involved in any public religious activity, nor did he engage in any activity that produced thought or knowledge. He was a carpenter by trade (1), until his mission started. After which, and this is critical, he was immediately at odds with the existing Jewish teachings to the point of being in danger!
- Criterion 3 (Sudden self-produced life direction change): PASS. He was known to be a carpenter, then he suddenly turned into an itinerant preacher at odds with the established teachings (2). If he had been publicly learning or teaching Judaism before his claim, he would have failed this criterion, as almost all others have. However, it’s not the case, and the transformation is self-produced and puzzling! How does a carpenter who isn’t involved with religious matters nor any knowledge or thought producing profession, suddenly become an itinerant preacher with enough difference to the established faith to become a threat and a target?
- Criterion 4 (Complete devotion): PASS. He died for his mission (the Christian version is in contrast with the Islamic version here). There is no better test of devotion. He also was at odds with the established Jewish religion, which made him a target. Most of the founders of religion that we have seen, never entered in conflict with the existing religions at the beginning, rather, they built upon them and benefited from their involvement with them.
- Criterion 5 (Wide reach of message): PASS. Christianity is the biggest religion today! Nearly 25% of humans are Christians, and the rest know or have heard of Jesus. Now this, is communication!!!
Similar to Moses, if there is a judging and fair God, Jesus is highly likely to be one of his messengers. His feat is even more impressive than that of Moses. His mission and success in correcting and complementing the existing Jewish faith against incredible odds, adds more credibility to his claim. Jesus changed the world and continues to do so today! Sources:
(1) From Britannica
: ...Joseph is said to have been a carpenter (Matthew 13:55)—that is, a craftsman who worked with his hands—and, according to Mark 6:3, Jesus also became a carpenter...
(2) From Britannica
: ...As a young adult, he went to be baptized by the prophet John the Baptist and shortly thereafter became an itinerant preacher and healer (Mark 1:2–28). In his mid-30s Jesus had a short public career, lasting perhaps less than one year, during which he attracted considerable attention...
Let's analyze the message of Islam.
- Criterion 1 (Living religion): PASS
- Criterion 2 (Warning of judgement): PASS. Islam clearly warns of an upcoming judgment and details the conditions of success and failure. Consequently, it’s not safe to dismiss.
- Criterion 3 (Universality): PASS. Islam is universal. Anyone can be a Muslim, and it’s quite easy to find two Muslims who are from different countries, ethnicities and don’t share the same language. The yearly pilgrimage where millions of Muslims gather is proof to how diverse Muslims can be.
- Criterion 4 (Past reference): PASS. Islam references many past prophets (25 in total), including but not limited to: Adam, Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, David, Jacob, Jonas, Moses, Jesus... It clearly states that God has been communicating since the beginning out of fairness, so that people wouldn’t find any excuse when judgment comes!
- Criterion 5 (Alignment with reality): PASS. Islam insists on monotheism, and clearly reverses the trinity concept that has gotten into Christianity, as well as the idea that God is all-loving, on top of being all-knowing and all-powerful.
It aligns with reality well by describing reality as a test of free will. Life is neither the suffering Buddhism makes it out to be (which it isn’t), nor is it the joyous life Tenrikyo claims it should be (which again, isn’t). Every single human is continuously tested through good and bad. When it is something bad, it is their patience and acceptance that is tested. When it is something good, it is their capacity of being thankful and generous that is tested. Everyone’s life is a mix of good and bad. Exceptions exist and are accounted for.
Islam states that God has been sending prophets since the beginning in order to remind people that judgment is coming. It states that people who didn’t get the message will be tested again. Those who got the message of the prophet of their time, accepted it and followed its guidelines, shall pass the judgment. Those who rejected the message after receiving it clearly shall fail.
Now let's analyze Muhammad, the founder of Islam.
- Criterion 1 (Impeccable social reputation): PASS. Prior to his claim, Muhammad was highly regarded by his community and known for his trustworthiness (1).
- Criterion 2 (Non-involvement rule): PASS. Again here, Muhammad was not involved in the pagan polytheist religion of his community, even though it was popular, nor was he involved in any other religion. He was a successful merchant (2) and notoriously illiterate (3). He didn’t have any profession or interest that produced thought or knowledge.
- Criterion 3 (Sudden self-produced life direction change): PASS. Muhammad’s life changed drastically after he supposedly received revelation. The first contact shocked him greatly (4). After telling his wife what happened, she took him to her cousin who was knowledgeable about the Jewish faith. He told Muhammad that what happened to him was similar to Moses, and that a day will come when his community chases him away.
- Criterion 4 (Complete devotion): PASS. Muhammad suffered a lot for his claim and was under constant threat of death (5). He used to request to be guarded at night, however upon receiving revelation that God will protect him from people, he sent the guards away from that moment on (6). He was never harmed even while having many enemies who wanted to kill him.
- Criterion 5 (Wide reach of message): PASS. Muhammad, an illiterate person living in a remote desert, without any special means or skills, was able to spread his message everywhere, and he predicted it from the start (7). He created a civilization that would change the world in just 23 years. Like Christianity, Islam is found almost everywhere, and almost everyone has heard of him and his religion. It’s not by chance that the most popular male first name in the world today is “Muhammad” (8).
If a judging and fair God exists, Muhammad is highly likely to be one of his messengers. He was leading a normal and regular life in a polytheistic society for 40 years, then suddenly started preaching monotheism, suffering for it and even going to war for it. Sources:
(1) From Wikipedia
: ...Due to his upright character he acquired the nickname "al-Amin" (Arabic: الامين), meaning "faithful, trustworthy" and "al-Sadiq" meaning "truthful" and was sought out as an impartial arbitrator. His reputation attracted a proposal in 595 from Khadijah, a successful businesswoman. Muhammad consented to the marriage, which by all accounts was a happy one...
(2) From Wikipedia
: ... It is known that he became a merchant and "was involved in trade between the Indian Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea...
(3) From Wikipedia
: ... Because he could not read and write himself...
(4) From Wikipedia
: ...Muhammad was deeply distressed upon receiving his first revelations. After returning home, Muhammad was consoled and reassured by Khadijah and her Christian [sic] cousin, Waraqah ibn Nawfal
. He also feared that others would dismiss his claims as being possessed...
(5) From Wikipedia
: ...Regardless, several attempts were made at Muhammad's life...
(6) From Qur’an
. Aisha said: "The Prophet was being guarded until this verse وَاللَّهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ (Allah will protect you from mankind) was revealed." She added; "The Prophet raised his head from the room and said; «يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ انْصَرِفُوا فَقَدْ عَصَمَنِي اللهُ عَزَّ وَجَل» (O people! Go away, for Allah will protect me)"
(7) From Sunnah
: Miqdad reported that he heard God’s messenger say, “There will not remain on the face of the earth a mud-brick house or a camel’s hair tent which God will not cause the confession of Islam to enter bringing both mighty honour and abject abasement. God will either honour the occupants and put them among its adherents, or will humiliate them and they will be subject to it.” Miqdad said, “God will then receive complete obedience.”
Let’s analyze the Druze faith!
- Criterion 1 (Living religion): FAIL. It’s not an extinct religion, but it is intentionally restricted and doesn’t accept conversions to it. How can this be a communication from a judging and fair God if the people being judged cannot have access to the material they need to succeed? If it stated that only a specific audience was targeted, that might have worked, but it doesn't say that, at least not when it started.
- Criterion 2 (Warning of judgement): PASS. Since Druze references other Abrahamic religions, I’m giving it a pass here, even though it’s not clear what the Druze actually believe.
- Criterion 3 (Universality): FAIL. It’s far from being universal. It doesn’t want to be, and it’s not.
- Criterion 4 (Past reference): PASS. It does reference other religions, even though it’s not clear in what capacity. Are the previous religions considered as previous instances of communication? Or does it complete its worldview with their knowledge? I’ll give it a pass.
- Criterion 5 (Alignment with reality): FAIL. Its closed nature makes it impossible for it to align with reality.
Now let's analyze Hamza Ibn Ali, the founder of Druze.
- Criterion 1 (Impeccable social reputation): FAIL. The Druze faith was named after Al-Darzi, who might have been either a disciple or a teacher of Hamza. A rivalry appeared between the two. Al-Darzi disputed the role of Hamza as the leader of the movement. They were both acquiring followers and engaged in regular brawls (1). So in summary, God supposedly sent Hamza as a messenger preaching that the current ruler was the embodiment of said God (If God is the embodiment of the ruler, why need Hamza at all?!!), then another man entered in competition with this messenger, who was also tolerated by the ruler, and even ended up giving his name to the movement, all the while the followers of each man fought each other. Then after said ruler was killed, the movement disappeared from its place of inception, but survived elsewhere and became a restricted religion. This doesn’t show anyone involved in a good light, especially not Hamza.
- Criterion 2 (Non-involvement rule): FAIL. There isn’t enough information about Hamza Ibn Ali before he entered Egypt in 1017. However, he fails the non-involvement rule, as he was appointed as a preacher in his own mosque before he started claiming that the reigning caliph was the embodiment of God (2). Rather convenient since that granted him support and favors (3).
- Criterion 3 (Sudden self-produced life direction change): FAIL. He supposedly received revelation, however that didn’t seem to cause any change in his life whatsoever. Receiving an unexpected contact from some God is supposed to cause a noticeable drastic change in one’s life, unless such revelation was expected or planned. Suffice it to say that he was already a preacher before supposedly receiving revelation.
- Criterion 4 (Complete devotion): PASS. Hamza definitely feared for his life but continued with his claim. He went into hiding, which seems a little bit cowardly for a prophet. In contrast, Moses came back to a place where he feared for his life, because he believed there was a God protecting him. The same happened with Muhammad who confidently sent guards away after revelation. However, since Hamza continued with his claim, considering this as a pass seems fair.
- Criterion 5 (Wide reach of message): FAIL. Hamza Ibn Ali failed to spread his message even though he initially set out to (4). If one is to say that the message couldn’t spread because of persecution, well, the same persecution occurred for Judaism, Christianity and Islam, and yet, these messages spread everywhere despite everything.
It’s extremely unlikely that the Druze faith is a communication from a judging and fair God. Its founder fails a combination of some important criteria. Sources:
(1) From Wikipedia
: ...Indeed, in his epistles, Hamza is critical of his colleague, both for al-Darzi's disputing Hamza's role as the leader of their movement, as well as for his followers' over-zealous, extremist and provocative actions, which revealed the movement's ideas prematurely and placed it under danger of attack... During this time, the followers of the rival leaders engaged in regular brawls in the streets of Cairo, cursing one another as infidels.
(2) From Britannica
: ...Almost nothing is known of his life before he entered Egypt in 1017. He became a spokesman for the religious convictions of the Fāṭimid caliph al-Ḥākim (the Fāṭimids were the ruling dynasty in Egypt), who was already accorded the position of imām, a divinely appointed and authoritative spokesman for Islam...
(3) From Wikipedia
: ...According to the medieval chroniclers, he too enjoyed signs of favour from al-Hakim: when he complained to the Caliph that his life was in danger, he was given weapons, which he demonstratively hung on every entrance to the Raydan Mosque...
(4) From Britannica
: ...Considerable resistance to these doctrines appeared when they were first preached in 1017, and Ḥamzah went into hiding until 1019, when al-Ḥākim was able to move vigorously to support the new religious movement... Ḥamzah claimed to be representing not just another sect but rather an independent religion, one that superseded traditional Islam. Al-Ḥākim disappeared in mysterious circumstances in 1021, and, much persecuted, the Druze cult all but ceased to exist in Egypt...
Let’s analyze Mormonism:
- Criterion 1 (Living religion): PASS.
- Criterion 2 (Warning of judgement): PASS. Mormonism is built on top of Christianity and Judaism, to which it delegates a vast chunk of knowledge. Consequently, I’ll give it a pass here.
- Criterion 3 (Universality): FAIL. It is far from being universal. If it was God’s way to bring Christianity to its rightful state, the least we can say is that it didn’t happen. Most of Mormons are still in Utah (U.S state), where they went after Smith was killed.
- Criterion 4 (Past reference): PASS. Mormonism references both Christianity and Judaism. This makes it pass this criterion, however, the fact that it doesn’t reference Islam is problematic for its worldview.
- Criterion 5 (Alignment with reality): FAIL. Being based on Christianity, Mormonism inherits some of the same issues. It corrects some, but also introduces some of its own. For example, Mormonism states that there are three separate divine entities, God the father, Jesus Christ and the holy spirit. They’re not three in one, as Christianity says. This doesn’t solve the issue of sacrificing one divine entity for the sins of humans while still judging them. It only adds complexity. Are these Gods equal? What if they don’t agree on something? This also goes against Judaism, which Mormonism references, and with Judaism comes the whole legacy of monotheism! Mormonism corrects the idea that salvation only depends on accepting Jesus as savior. It adds the fact that deeds play a role, which is fair.
Now let's analyze Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism.
- Criterion 1 (Impeccable social reputation): FAIL. Smith’s reputation was less than stellar (1). His treasure hunting profession isn’t exactly the most honest of professions. Also, eloping to marry his wife, attempting to marry already married women, escaping justice, dying in a shoot-out with the mob...
- Criterion 2 (Non-involvement rule): FAIL. He fails the non-involvement rule on many accounts. He was heavily involved with public religious activity and even magic, in a place and time where religious revivalism thrived (2).
- Criterion 3 (Sudden self-produced life direction change): FAIL. Supposedly receiving revelation in 1823 via the angel he called Moroni, didn’t surprise him, nor seemed to have much effect on his life direction. He continued treasure seeking using questionable methods and leading the same life.
- Criterion 4 (Complete devotion): PASS. Smith was extremely devoted to his cause. He never gave up until the end!
- Criterion 5 (Wide reach of message): FAIL. If Mormonism was God’s way to bring back Christianity to its rightful state, then the mission simply failed. It seems like Christianity enjoys far more universality than Mormonism. In this regard, Smith failed his mission, as most of the followers of the religion are still based where their ancestors ended up after the death of Smith.
(1) From Wikipedia
: ...Meanwhile, the Smith family faced financial hardship... Family members supplemented their meager farm income by hiring out for odd jobs and working as treasure seekers, a type of magical supernaturalism common during the period. Smith was said to have an ability to locate lost items by looking into a seer stone, which he also used in treasure hunting, including, beginning in 1825, several unsuccessful attempts to find buried treasure sponsored by Josiah Stowell, a wealthy farmer in Chenango County, New York. In 1826, Smith was brought before a Chenango County court for "glass-looking", or pretending to find lost treasure; Stowell's relatives accused Smith of tricking Stowell and faking an ability to perceive hidden treasure... Although Smith had abandoned treasure hunting, his former associates believed he had double crossed them and had taken the golden plates for himself, property they believed should be jointly shared. After they ransacked places where they believed the plates might be hidden, Smith decided to leave Palmyra
(2) From Wikipedia
: The region was a hotbed of religious enthusiasm during the Second Great Awakening. Between 1817 and 1825, there were several camp meetings and revivals in the Palmyra area… Smith said that he became interested in religion by age 12… With other family members, Smith also engaged in religious folk magic, which was a relatively common practice in that time and place…
- Criterion 1 (Living religion): PASS.
- Criterion 2 (Warning of judgement): UNKNOWN. Baha’i Faith claims to be a unification of all the major religions. The issue is that some of the religions it references speak of judgment, like Judaism, Christianity and Islam, while others don’t, like Buddhism and Hinduism. While Baha’i Faith speaks of a day of judgment, it doesn’t seem to view it in the same way. It speaks of deeds being judged, but not according to each religion’s standards, rather, according to Baha’i Faith’s standards, which I have failed to find after multiple searches. If the conditions of success and failure aren’t clear, the God of Baha’i Faith cannot possibly be fair. I’ll mark this as unknown, but it’s actually closer to a failure.
- Criterion 3 (Universality): FAIL. In theory, Baha’i Faith should be universal, as it calls for the unification of all the major religions. It attempts to please everyone, but even while doing so, its numbers remain low, and is mostly unknown.
- Criterion 4 (Past reference): FAIL. Baha’i Faith references all major religions, but not as past instances of communication. It essentially claims that there is only one religion, and that the major religions were manifestations of God, but don’t necessarily represent said unique religion correctly. It references all major religions only to change their core beliefs in order to achieve unification. Said another way, this One God, has left people to be duped by false religions since the start, and only thanks to Baháʼu'lláh in the 1800s, did he think to show the truth to people. What about those who died long before Baháʼu'lláh was even born, and who followed Buddhism for example without ever believing a God existed?
- Criterion 5 (Alignment with reality): FAIL. This is a big failure. Baha’i Faith doesn’t make much sense, to the point of being revolting, to me at least! It attempts to be everything to everyone. Its founder claims to be Christ returned for Christians, the second coming of Jesus for Sunni Muslims, the Imam Husayn for Shi’a Muslims, the reincarnation of Krishna for Hindus, and the fifth Buddha for Buddhists. Never mind what each one of these symbols means in the context of its own religion, it just takes the concept and runs with it. It disregards most of what is associated with these symbols, it only needs its acknowledged existence. Let’s not forget that most of these religions do not agree with each other! It attempts to reconcile worldviews that are incompatible with each other. It picks and chooses what it wants from each major religion and disregards the rest.
Now let's analyze Baháʼu'lláh, the founder of Baha'i Faith.
- Criterion 1 (Impeccable social reputation): PASS. Coming from a wealthy family, he was known to give considerable amounts of time and money to charity.
- Criterion 2 (Non-involvement rule): FAIL. The founder of Baha’i Faith, Baháʼu'lláh, as well as the founder of Bábism, Siyyid Ali Muhammad, known as the Báb, and who laid the foundation for Baha’i Faith, both fail the non-involvement rule. They were both heavily involved in public religious matters before and at the time of their claims (1) (2). We are not talking about regular religious people going about their day, then making an exceptional claim out of nowhere, no! It’s practically the same scenario every time: a person is deeply involved with religious matters, or actively pursuing a profession or an interest, which leads them either by opportunity or by delusion to their claim. It’s the same here!
- Criterion 3 (Sudden self-produced life direction change): FAIL. Baháʼu'lláh had already set the course of his life and was already deeply involved in religious matters before he supposedly received his first divine revelation, which was in prison. From then on, not much had changed.
- Criterion 4 (Complete devotion): PASS. He stood by his claim and spent most of his life in prison. It’s important to note though that he wasn’t initially imprisoned because of his claim. Rather, it was because of his involvement with Bábism.
- Criterion 5 (Wide reach of message): FAIL. If Baháʼu'lláh was sent by the one and only God in order to unify all major religions, such unification hasn’t happened successfully.
It's highly unlikely that Baha'i Faith is a communication from a judging and fair God. Sources:
(1) From Wikipedia
: Some of his earlier writings suggest that he did not enjoy the business and instead applied himself to the study of religious literature… He was constantly absorbed in his own thoughts, and was preoccupied with repetition of his prayers and verses… In 1841 the Báb went on pilgrimage to Iraq, and for seven months stayed mostly in and around Karbala. There he attended lectures of Kazim Rashti and became his follower… As of his death in December 1843, Kazim Rashti counseled his followers to leave their homes to seek the Mahdi, who, according to his prophecies, would soon appear. One of these followers, Mullá Husayn, after keeping vigil for 40 days in a mosque, traveled to Shiraz, where he met the Báb…
(2) From Wikipedia
: Soon after declaring his spiritual mission to Mullá Husayn, the Báb sent him to Tehran to deliver a special tablet to one whom God would guide him to. After learning about Baháʼu'lláh through an acquaintance, Mullá Husayn felt compelled to arrange for Baháʼu'lláh to receive the tablet—this news brought great joy to the Báb when Mullá Husayn wrote to him about it…
After analyzing all the religions, the ones that are highly likely to be communications from a judging and fair God if one exists, are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. They are the only religions that satisfy most of the criteria. In fact, their founders are the ONLY ones who satisfy all the criteria, specifically the criterion of non-involvement prior to their claim of a contact with a God. All the other founders were involved in one way or another, making their claim a possible result of either fraud or delusion.
It is important to note though: we haven't proven that a judging and fair God exists, and we haven't proven that these religions are actually communications from him
, not at all. All we did was to reasonably prove that if a judging and fair God exists, then Judaism, Christianity and Islam are highly likely to be communications from him
In the next post, we will continue our research and see how we can reasonably prove that a judging and fair God exists.
Until next time!
submitted by yunepio
to DebateReligion [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:02 Keplerspace Why does this left turn exist?
2023.06.03 23:01 goingincycles88 Eevee - 'Capture' Influence of Lighting upon a Surface as RGB?
Hey guys, so I've been developing a non-photorealistic shader node group to use in Eevee shaders the last few days, and it's been mostly going good, but I've hit a roadblock with a particular effect I want to achieve.
So in the past to make this type of shader node group, I would do single-point lighting calculations myself inside the node group with some vector math, but I want to move past that since it means making several shaders for combinations of light colour & light direction, not to mention being limited to a single light source. For this shader node group, I wanted to finally figure out how to capture the influence of the lighting surrounding the surface to which a shader is applied and use that lighting information for the shader instead of the calculations I was doing entirely independent of the lighting in a scene the shader was used in.
The closest I could find to achieving this was the 'Shader to RGB' node, which for those unfamiliar, takes the result of a shader and approximates it back to RGB to map onto the screen as closely as possible with some minor exceptions given the challenges of developing such a node. This was fine enough for me as I could plug, for example, a 'Diffuse BSDF' node into this 'Shader to RGB' node and capture the influence of lighting surrounding my surface that way, using the 'Value' of the 'RGB' result of putting the shader through the 'Shader to RGB' node as a best-effort approximation of which areas of the surface are likely currently shrouded in shadow or otherwise.
In the context of the non-photorealistic shader I'm developing here, part of what I wanted to do was add anywhere from 0 to 0.5 to the 'Hue' of each pixel in the result of the 'Shader to RGB' node correlated to the inverse of the 0 to 1 value of the 'Value' of each pixel in the result of the 'Shader to RGB' node. That way, for example, pixels with a '0' for their 'Value' (i.e. pitch black) would have their hue shifted by '0.5', making them the opposite hue from what they used to be.
This worked out just fine for all pixels with values anywhere from 1 to an infinitely small amount above 0. However, a quirk I came to realize of the 'Diffuse BSDF' shader and all other built-in shaders (perhaps something even lower-level like the Eevee rendering engine) is that if a pixel has a 'Value' of '0', then the 'Hue' and 'Saturation' become naturally assumed as '0' also because a pixel with a 'Value' of '0' will look no different when altering that pixel's 'Hue' and/or 'Saturation' values. If you don't quite understand my issue, see the below video for a demonstration and give it another read: https://files.catbox.moe/klfyl5.mp4
So, given all that context, here's my question (or rather, questions,) to you all:
- Is there a way I can force the built-in shaders to not default all 'HSV' values to '0' when the 'V' part of that collection is '0'?
- Failing that: Is there a better, more direct way I could be collecting the influence of the lighting surrounding the surface to which a shader is applied?
Now, to clear up the last posting requirement for this subreddit: I've tried Googling all this many times in the past since I enjoy making shaders that don't conform to what is realistically expected of them, but I can't find any solutions to my 2nd question in particular which is what lead me to the whole 'Shader to RGB' thing in the first place and then of course lead to the discovery that prompted my 1st question.
I'm on Blender 3.3 if it is of any interest, so if anyone out there can lend a hand I'd much appreciate it. Thank you!
submitted by goingincycles88
to blenderhelp [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 23:00 AutoModerator What is #VALZUBIRIAGENDA and some ideas and insights
The 3 basic parameters of hashtag #Valzubiriagenda:
- We artists and everyone else can write and self-publish art- and artist-related books: memoirs, biographies, art books and art catalogs. Books are forever. Pamphlets and brochures are not books.
- We announce a schedule of increasing prices of our art pieces, which includes quantities (scarcity numbers) per price point and overall (the total quantity of art pieces we might ever make). This helps art traders, art investors and art collectors speculate or even stop speculating and instead join a community of investors working together to hopefully skyrocket to the higher announced prices in a shorter span of time.
- We can use the NFT world, because NFTs provide the tracking (who owns what) and trading.
We can also not be involved with NFTs. Stores and individuals can help sell art using online presence and our catalogs in the stores. If this trends, or once this trends, even expensive art can be sold by neighboring businesses, without exclusivity. Commission systems do not have to be standardized. Art investors can produce their own catalogs to leave at the cafés. Even the cafés can produce their own catalogs. Valzubiriagenda NFTs NFTs only came about a few years ago.
But I had been working on this since the 1990s. I wrote a book, Valzubiriagenda
, along with fellow artist Silverio Perez,
and released it in 2018 (Amazon and elsewhere), tackling everything related to #1 & #2. We'll come up with #3 in a later book/ memoi marketing book.
Any artist, including tangible artists can release 10,000 NFTs if the artist chooses to do so. For tangible artists, the NFT first becomes an Art Commission Contract for sight unseen, yet-to-be made art. Once the art is made, the NFT becomes proof of ownership that the actual, tangible art is theirs. Warehousing our tangible art
Another related idea is that the tangible art may be warehoused by the artist so that the NFT traders continue to trade. This means that even 10-ton 10-foot tall sculptures can be owned and traded by anyone without worrying about shipping, reshipping, scratches, smudges, parts breaking off, etc. The newness of the pieces remain because they are stored by the artist, source, gallery, etc. The art piece gets shipped to the art collector, the ultimate owner.
An artist who makes ceramic coffee mugs - smaller art pieces, can release 10,000 NFTs with a schedule of increasing prices so that NFT traders can trade immediately. The 10,000 coffee mugs can get damaged, so as they are made, they continue to be stored by the artist, until the time when art collectors decide to have the art pieces shipped to them. Why only now?
I decided to write as many book-length memoirs as I can before I came out to promote this.
I'm an artist and an author. Both need time to "master." I would not even fully use "master" on myself, because there's always something new, even to my own art, my own writing and publishing.
I am now claiming that I'm the visual artist who has produced the most artist memoirs in the world. I have 5 on Amazon. I count Valzubiriagenda as both a marketing book and a memoir-of-sorts, because it has a lot of my own life lessons on writing and publishing. I would not care to contest my claim of having the most memoirs. I will release 5 more over the next 3 years. BARTER! Get help to write, photograph art and publish your books!
Anyone can hire 11 ghostwriters for 11 memoirs. If you can make art, but you cannot write, then barter your forever art with those who can help you produce forever books.
I don't feel the pressure of writing and publishing because I feel my focus should be on art students and art experts who would study my art and my books 100 years from now. Don't expect relatives and friends to read your books. I call myself the Dollman
For my NFTs, I am proposing to make dioramas - my original, costumed, bejeweled porcelain dolls in backdrops that will also have precious metals and gemstones. This way I can incorporate precious metals and gemstones in my work, to make sure that people perceive my art as expensive, just in case I myself don't become "famous" - there's no need to get world famous. We are artists and all we need to do is to satisfy the art niche. Use your laptop now!
I will encourage you to start writing your book-length memoir. Write, Edit and then Self-publish it. Get help. Why wait a hundred years for someone to write about you when all you need is a laptop and a nearby coffee shop.
Don't start counting chickens before the eggs hatch. I have encountered a lot of would-be writers who immediately see themselves as bestselling. world famous assets to society. Two even wanted me to sign NDAs (Nondisclosure agreements), because they did not want me to steal their book ideas.
Here's a suggestion. I would not personally do it. From one manuscript can come 2 books: The Original Draft (unedited, with misspellings, considered to be an art piece, scanned pages(?) of your handwritten original effort), and The Final Edition (edited). PROVENANCE!
Another way to enhance our investability, tradability and collectability is PROVENANCE - how art ownership proceeds through time.
The way this can be done is also through publishing books. Everyone can write their memoirs, biographies, art books and art catalogs, including traders, investors and art collectors. In effect, we artists can continue to be included or mentioned in even more books, without any additional effort by us.
You as an investor, reseller, trader, art collector should be able to publish a catalog with 250 works by 250 different artists, but they need to agree to this right from the start - it's your money, you should require them to follow your version of the hashtag #valzubiriagenda parameters,
which preferably should include permission for you to publish their art. Why would you track down 250 artists later? No exclusive contracts
If you're a café, you can call for artists, and come up with a book with for example, 30 artists, with a chapter devoted to each artist's profile and images of the artist's art.
You can distribute your catalogs to businesses and individuals near and far and online.
The book Valzubiriagenda
even cites that funeral homes and janitors closets can sell art, with or without exclusivity. Airline catalogs can include million dollar art pieces. Car manufacturers, showrooms and even car repair shops can sell art as well. Everyone should be able to do this, anywhere in the world, especially not just because of the pandemic, but right now, we are in really bad economies. What's with the name #Valzubiriagenda
I was into conspiracy theories in 2018, and this term, "The Mandela Effect,"
was popular. I had read many times that an artist coined the term, but I had to research online, for her name, many times, before remembering it. I'm not good at remembering names. It took me a year and a half to finally tell you that Fiona Broome
coined "The Mandela Effect."
I also thought I might have to research trademarks and copyrights just to come up with a generic name. So I decided on "Valzubiriagenda."
I was not really sure at first, but I decided to use it as the title for my book (with co-authoartist Silverio Perez
) so that there would be no turning back and I can move on. Am I a FUTURIST?
Someone I recently met this May 2022 just called me a futurist.
In the 1990s, I proposed to a pension fund that they can raise billions of dollars, especially for emergencies, or as needed, or out of desperation, if the pension fund purchases a quantity of art from an artist who not only has a current, reasonable price, but an announced future price that the artist wants to reach.
That future price would obviously be higher than the current price. The art commission contract for multiple art pieces can be taken to the fund's financial lender for a loan. The higher future price can be used for financing purposes.
The pension fund's treasurer, a publicly elected official, said this idea might work, but we had to keep this a secret and discuss this some more, because other pension funds might copy and do this prematurely. This idea had to come from the two of us. The treasurer needed his votes and I needed credentials.
Added into the pot was my idea that I, as the artist, will also write one book-length artist memoir. This was and still is a strong factor, because the leadership and marketing books I had read then mentioned a strong tip. If you want to advance in your field, write a full-length book that is related to the field.
Unfortunately, the elected official, the treasurer of the pension fund, who was also a friend, passed away - he was old and had ailments. At that point in time, I cannot just approach another pension fund treasurer to share this idea with.
I realized I had to write a few memoirs. I needed to set an example for other artists, so I needed to write more than one memoir. Then I felt I should also make ready another book - the how-to of what I'm up to. I wrote Valzubiriagenda
, which was a memoir of sorts. I knew how long it would take me to write a book, so I had to make sure I can also consider this book a memoir.
In 2008, I imagined that someone like Bernie Madoff, or a fund like Lehman Brothers, would be desperate enough to use this to save themselves and their companies. I was not ready. I had only written 1 manuscript for a memoir.
In 2012, I released Dollman the Musical, A Memoir of an Artist as a Dollmaker
. Once again, I was not ready because writing it depressed me a little, and I knew I had to write more.
In 2014, I released 3 memoirs, and re-released Dollman the Musical.
Besides releasing regular books, I released special editions of the 4 books, which had a "Special Secret Insert for Bankers,"
which explains my ideas of an announced schedule of exponentially increasing prices, to satisfy investors, and the publication of artist memoirs, to satisfy art collectors.
In 2014, I also issued out a press release. Google "Can Billion Dollar Artist Save Investors and World Economy Valentino Zubiri PRWeb August 19 2014"
and you will see the press release.
What I did was stake a claim on my ideas. I did not promote my books and the press release. I just wanted them to stay online, like a sleeping giant or a dormant volcano. I even designed 3 of the book covers to look like indie books from the 1980s. I was planting the seeds, thinking they will eventually grow and bear fruit in the future.
In 2015, I was interviewed by Richard Syrett,
about one of my memoirs, Hocus Pocus Lately.
This book is my memoir with paranormal stories. I could have pursued promoting my paranormal stories, but I wanted to be known first as a visual artist and memoirist, so I allowed myself one interview related to Hocus Pocus Lately. Richard Syrett
has(had?) his own syndicated radio show, The Conspiracy Show with Richard Syrett,
about the paranormal. He also guest hosts on Coast to Coast AM
, another internationally syndicated show about the paranormal.
In 2018, I released Valzubiriagenda
(co-authored by artist Silverio Perez,
a fellow artist). Finally, this book is "the how-to of what I'm to."
I'm going to end this with some strangeness. In 1986, a lady at a religious gathering went into a trance and left a good number of messages. Supposedly, anyone who got into a trance would have messages, but once the trance was over, the person would not remember what was said.
I was not part of the group, but the lady turned her head to face me. She "foretold" that whatever I would decide to do in the future, it will take time, but it will be the right thing. This is one of my stories in one of my memoirs, Hocus Pocus Lately. The Tulipmania of 1634-37
I discovered that there was this incident of rare tulips becoming collectible during the Dutch Golden Age. There were tulips so rare and so well-desired that their prices equaled to that of a house. You can read more about this online (Wikipedia) or watch a few YouTube videos about it.
Here is the most useful idea that I gleaned from the Tulipmania. The tulip bulbs remained safe inside nurseries. The traders were carrying the deeds of ownership to the tulip bulbs. Then NFTs came to the forefront
I started learning PHP, an HTML scripting language, and MySQL, the database that PHP can connect to in the background, in 1999, when there were only 3 books about PHP and MySQL at the bookstores.
By 2014, I was trying to figure out how to make the "ledger," or database that can be used to update ownership and who can be contacted. If we are trading art, then the art ownership should be updated.
Then NFTs came about. This can be used as our ledger. Everyone can immediately trade NFTs of future, yet-to-be made art pieces, especially because it takes time to make tangible art.
NFTs actually went a step ahead, by allowing digital art to be traded.
The only setback with NFTs, in my opinion, is that it still lacks a commission system for resellers and representatives.
For example, if a café wants to represent me, then they can promote me at their café and on their online pages. If I make one piece of art that will be exclusively represented by a gallery, then that commission will be different and more specific. As ownership is transferred, the subsequent owners should be able to reset the commission. We should also have the option of giving commissions to hundreds of representatives at one time with different percentages if need be. The recent crypto crash
Lately, we have observed that NFTs and cryptocurrencies have been behaving like the stock market and other markets. They have been fluctuating.
I believe that it is time for a trend which discourages fluctuation of prices.
I have also seen YouTube videos where social influencers are encouraging us to be on the lookout for exponentially profitable ventures, because we have all seen this happen with the exponential increase of Bitcoin and Ethereum. Let's see if #Valzubiriagenda trends
We can announce present and future art prices. The galleries won't do this (yet?) because they follow a more traditional approach to the business of art. We have a choice of using incrementally or exponentially increasing prices.
We still reserve the right to change things in the future, so everyone should know to follow the latest update.
If this trends, if you as an artist simply announces that you will write an artist memoir, or that you will include the future works in future art books, you might have more art traders, investors and collectors approaching you. Get your pen, paper and calculator
Imagine yourself as an artist, where you are right now. Let's just say you still do not have a book about yourself and your art yet. Imagine now that you have a memoir out there. Don't you think it makes sense to charge more than what you are charging now? Writing and publishing books is just the beginning. I'm just standardizing this approach. The books also say to do other related projects. In my case, getting Dollman the Musical
onstage is one idea. You will have other related projects, but the publication of memoirs, biographies, art books and art catalogs will help all of us.
You can also imagine that a law firm that has meeting rooms, with someone who wants to form a local #valzubiriagenda group, can have meetings. A local café can do the same. Local photographers for your art, writers, editors, book designers, proofreaders and others can join in.
I suggest have printed books to share. 15 copies of your memoir or art books will be better than an e-reader or laptop or your phone to show. These gadgets can be stolen, sabotaged, broken, have coffee spilled on them, etc. 15 printed books means simultaneously showing to 15 people. You can even give them away to potential resellers, investors, traders and collectors. When it rains, it pours, as in the days of Noah
There's a saying, "When it rains, it pours." There is a negative interpretation and a positive interpretation. Negative:
When trouble comes, they cascade to even more. Positive:
When opportunity comes knocking, more follow suit. We can assume that if one gets our art because of #valzubiriagenda, more want to do it now, because of the rising prices, and FOMO - fear of missing out. What will they lose if they miss the boat?
As I have said earlier, if the #valzubiriagenda trends, if you announce a future memoir or art catalog, you might have an increase of investors, traders and art collectors who would want to check you out. You might encourage more sales. Just remember to write and publish that memoir and art catalog.
There's this saying, "As in the days of Noah." Imagine Noah, building his ark, with members of his own family, putting all his time and effort into it. Noah was a nice guy. I'm sure every once in a while a neighbor offered him coffee, or chai latte, or whatever refreshing drink they might have back then.
Here's the lesson to be learned. Just because they offered him some type of bubble tea drink, or coca cola, they still didn't make it to the ark. Rubbing shoulders with actors does not make you an actor. I have told my artist friends to write their memoirs. They told me that once they see me succeed, after all these many years of seeing my seemingly useless efforts, then they will write their memoirs and follow the road that I had paved for them.
Good luck to them, but if I were you, act now, get my art or make art. Support the 5-year old artist whose parent promised to release a comprehensive art catalog. If you get that 5-year old's art, and mine, I would be honored to be in the same art catalog that you will produce. I'm already successful at that point. You have gotten the mission just right.
I have already claimed to have written the most book-length artist memoirs in the world. Dethrone that claim. Barter. Use ghostwriters. Success to me means facing God one day and saying, I wrote my memoirs and left the world a legacy of books and art. I will not tell God, smiling and proudly, that I encouraged a run for my art by announcing a schedule of exponentially increasing prices that reached 9 figures. I'm sure God knows we had fun.
JOIN THIS GROUP
If you want to try out #valzubiriagenda, in any capacity, join this group. Let others know about this group as well.
If you are an artist, you can let everyone know here that you will produce your memoir, art catalogs, etc. It's okay if you don't know how to go about publishing yet, I will discuss this. Please be honorable enough to produce what you promise to produce.
If you want to meet fellow artists, investors, resellers, etc., join us here.
If you are a book writer, editor, proofreader; if you can photograph art pieces; if you are a book designer, etc., join us here. Let us know if you charge, barter for art, or both.
If you have your own tips and knowledge to share, join us here.
If you have underaged artists you are managing (parents, etc.) join us here.
Join this group if you want to sell works. Post your works. You web links. I'm sure I will.
You can announce meetings in your area. You might have meeting rooms, a café, restaurant, etc. where people can meet. In the future, you can have the regular show and tell, where books can be shown and shared.
Thanks for reading. Please let me know if I need to edit some parts. Please share and join this group. - Valentino Zubiri, Dollman, Artist, Memoirist
Underaged artists are welcome here, so please be mindful of your language. We cannot post your adult-oriented art pieces, but you can direct us to a separate page or community. There will be limits to your posts, and there will be adult-oriented art that we cannot allow to be posted.
Thanks for reading. Please let me know if I need to edit some parts. Please share and join this group. - Valentino Zubiri, Dollman, artist & memoirist
submitted by AutoModerator
to valzubiriagenda [link] [comments]