2008.09.06 15:36 Crochet
This sub is for crocheters to share their work, discuss, swap ideas, and support & help each other. We like fun contributions and discussion. So, what's on your hook?
2017.05.25 03:58 Avidgwentplayer One stop place to discuss Latch Hook projects, stories, images, and places to buy and sell
A place to discuss all things latch hook. From the oldest kits to the newest technology allowing latch hook enthusiasts to create custom projects, there's something for everyone. Please share your photos and videos of your projects whether you're just starting, are part way finished, or have put the finishing touches on. Whether you're an old pro or are just getting started in this rewarding hobby, you are welcome & encouraged to participate. We ask you, please, leave your shoes at the door!
2010.04.28 02:48 transcendhate Cross Stitch
Cross stitch community - patterns, discussions, and competitions!
2023.05.31 01:20 WorthWorldliness4385 Back in the latch hook saddle again
| || |
I posted on here a few months ago asking for advice on how to get started with latch hook after a 30 year hiatus and what to do with the projects when I was done. I know I’m not as talented as you all that come up with your own custom projects. Somebody suggested buying seasonal kits, so I took your advice and bought THREE latch hook kits from Herrschners. I had no idea how long they would take me, but it looks like I may have bought 3 years worth lol! I am officially halfway through the Halloween Trick or Treat one and I LOVE it. Goal is to finish before Halloween! submitted by WorthWorldliness4385 to latchhook [link] [comments]
2023.05.26 21:50 StarGrazer1964 Loon Project Completed!
2023.05.18 20:31 northshore-pat Cotton Blend Bucket Hats
2023.05.06 00:03 LeBlueSpud Any ideas for using this yarn?
| || |
I got two skeins of this yarn when I thrifted yesterday. I'm trying to figure out something to make other than stockings with it. The two skeins are just under 1000 yards together total. submitted by LeBlueSpud to crochet [link] [comments]
2023.04.15 15:32 kbrown2208 Craftways (Herrschners) Sentinel Lighthouse. 40” x 27”. My Mom lives about 4 hours away from me so I’ve been hookin’ my hands off to get it done for her visit next weekend.
2023.04.01 02:38 Kouunno Favorite (online) yarn store?
Relatively new to the hobby and wondering what people’s thoughts are- I’ve already made 3 online orders from 3 different stores and considering that they all have loyalty reward programs if feels like it would be a lot smarter to stick with one or two. Curious as to whether people tend to go with online big box stores like Joann’s or more specific stores like Knit Picks or Hobbii.
(FWIW my orders have been from WEBS, Herrschners and Hobbii. No complaints so far though the lack of a free shipping deal for Herrschners made me 😬 a bit)
submitted by Kouunno
to YarnAddicts [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 02:04 sgirl77 This is what frustration looks like!
| || |
Nothing like realizing you’re set only comes with 9 blocks when you need 10 😩. Any suggestions on what to use for the last corner? submitted by sgirl77 to crochet [link] [comments]
2023.03.25 14:54 WorthWorldliness4385 Coming back to latch hook after decades
I’m so excited to see there’s a latch hook Reddit! I’m amazed at the talented designs here. I haven’t done latch hook in many decades, but I’m getting the urge again, it was my favorite craft as a child. I was looking on Herrschner’s and saw a few that I liked, but I have soooo many questions to make sure I’m buying the right stuff. I hope you guys can help guide me in the right direction.
- Is the quality of Herrschner’s kits good? I am looking more for modern / lush, not the scraggly stuff I did as a kid. There were some kits that looked gorgeous online, I’m hoping they look the same in person.
- One of the patterns I liked is a download. Where do you buy your mesh? Yarn? Does it vary based on the end use of the rug?
- What do you do with your rugs? Hang them? Put on floor? I only have two open spots on the wall, and I’ve never put one on the floor before. The only floor places I have is in front of the front door or in a half bath, which both mean they’d be walked on. I also have a dog that sheds, would they be ok on floor?
- If you hang them, is there a way to temporarily hang them? Some of the ones I like are Christmas, and I see the rods to hang them, but I wouldn’t want an empty rod screwed into my wall the rest of the year.
- How do you finish the rug? Does it change based on hanging vs floor? Do you fold edges under as you’re hooking? Sew ends after finished? Tape? Nonstick backing? Protective coating? Do you trim the yarn?
I think that’s all for now. Thank you!
submitted by WorthWorldliness4385
to latchhook [link] [comments]
2023.03.12 03:33 kbrown2208 “Sunflower” latch hook rug from Herrschner’s. 27 x 40”. 🌻 On deck next is a lighthouse for my Mom.
2023.03.07 23:32 Dahlia_R0se [WIP] Pattern doesn't match example image - vintage Herrschner's kit
2023.03.01 05:12 Dahlia_R0se [FO] 1/4 Done! Finished this in two days!! Vintage Herrschners kit
2023.02.27 20:40 JoslynMSU I’m very certain that this blanket is Herrschner’s No. 5306 Fisherman Ripple Afghan but no luck finding pattern
2023.02.13 22:27 rece_m [CHAT] Herrschners is doing 14¢ shipping w/ coupon code "LOVE14"
...for orders over $35. They have a bunch of cross stitch kits and supplies. I bought two kits I've been eyeing for a bit now ("Wild Horse" and "Scenic Farm"). https://www.herrschners.com/
submitted by rece_m
to CrossStitch [link] [comments]
2023.01.30 02:53 kbrown2208 “Easter Stroll” latch hook rug from Herrschner’s. 27 x 40”. Love all the happy spring colors. This one is hanging up in my home office.
2023.01.29 22:38 kbrown2208 Herrschners “In My Garden” latch hook rug. 27 x 40”. Made it for a good friend as a retirement gift.
2023.01.25 01:38 amber_maigon Herrschner’s vintage yarn and original printed pattern from January, 1989.
2023.01.10 05:53 mayercw Question about Herrschners Tree Skirt Kits
2023.01.01 11:41 maddog2393 Anywhere I can find the pattern? It won’t let me ship to Australia. Thank you.
2023.01.01 11:39 maddog2393 Anywhere I can find the pattern? It won’t let me ship to Australia. Thank you.
2022.12.26 20:17 tricotlove Willow Yarns
I placed an online order for a few paid digital patterns and a number of free patterns at the Willow Yarns website. Willow is part of Herrschners. I received an email with an order number and a display of what I'd ordered, including a statement that I'd receive the download links soon after they completed processing my payment. I paid through Paypal and although the debit is displayed (along with a notice about Paypal waiting until Herrschner's processes my payment), it is now almost 24 hours later and I still have received no message with links.
I called the Willow Yarns customer service number, after checking in 3 or 4 places in their various databases, even with the order number (issued by them when I placed the order) and a Paypal transaction number, the representative was unable to find any record of the sale. He said that the warehouse was closed today. What would a warehouse have to do with an all-digital sale?
I have ordered yarn, etc. from Willow Yarns in the past without any problems, but this is very strange. I'm going to wait a day or so and then I'm going to file a case with Paypal.
Has anyone else here had this kind of problem with Willow Yarns? Paypal does not take days to process transactions. I don't know why no record could be found of the transaction. when I called Willow's customer service number.
submitted by tricotlove
to Yarns [link] [comments]
2022.12.01 13:30 chicky-nugnug Does anyone know if there is just the pattern for this? Not the entire kit
2022.11.29 09:29 Full_Application9960 My disability makes it hard to process information. I would appreciate targeted help with puzzle table/board/lighting suggestions to help my aging mother continue puzzling.
This is my first time posting on reddit. My mom is an avid puzzler and struggles for various reasons like poor eye sight, low lighting, and neck injuries that make leaning over painful. This is something she really enjoys and she doesn't do much for herself so I want to get her the tools she needs to be able to maximize her comfort for her only hobby.
I know these questions have been asked a hundred times over and I tried to parse through the master threads that compiled suggestions. However, I have a disability that inhibits my ability to read, process, and interpret large swaths of information/reading material and I need to ask for help. Can someone please assist me with recommendations for tools for my Mom? I am looking for:
- A good light to help her eye strain while puzzling.
- Maybe one with a magnifying glass and/or one that is portable and easy to move up and down stairs for an aging individual.
- I saw this which seemed like a halfway decent fit especially since it is sold on a puzzle website but no one had reviewed it:https://www.bitsandpieces.com/product/jigsaw-led-magnifier-floor-lamp?p=0939377&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-JacBhC0ARIsAIxybyPqviLrmhupDTZwUPAg6XYoxV-Ih8azrKxkIqKc1cYvHK38iDQVxgoaAi7NEALw_wcB
- Some kind of table/pad/tableau/easel basically work surface to puzzle on.
- Right now she uses a regular table in a very dark bedroom and it is not the right height for her so she is always standing over it because sitting doesn't work. So maybe something adjustable or even tiltable as the excessive bending over is bad for her already injured neck. The lighting is better downstairs during the day so I thought one of those detachable surfaces where she can carry it downstairs might be nice for her.
- Suggested Accessories?
- If there is anything that might help her (box holder? puzzle sorter? magnifying glasses? etc.) that made your personal puzzling experience easier or more enjoyable please let me know. I am not averse to buying multiple items such as a carrying case and a table/pad/easel etc. This is just not an area I am familiar with and the amount of information is overwhelming to me.
I was looking at these because they rotate and tilt and have drawers which seemed like a hard combination to find but they lack reviews:
Does anyone have any experience with these? I liked that it had a carrying handle though it looks slightly cumbersome and heavy and I can't tell if the puzzle will stay in place when you carry it suitcase style like they are doing or if you can only move it that way if you have the puzzle completed.
Again, thank you for your help and time. I am new to this and my disability frustrates me immeasurably. I am sorry to repeat questions that have likely already been answered and I appreciate your time.
submitted by Full_Application9960
to Jigsawpuzzles [link] [comments]