2021.08.12 16:36 ampersand12 GardeningWhenItCounts
"We can live into the future with hope rather than hopelessness, feeling empowered rather than powerless." - Leah McElrath A positive community to discuss gardening, farming, and other means of food production when it counts. Our future looks scary, but we aren't helpless. Being resilient by growing food is an important skill in an uncertain future. We promote the ideas of mutual aid and community support. In hard times all we have is each other. Please share knowledge and ask questions.
2013.09.01 00:56 painahimah Heirloom Gardening
A place to share your heirloom seeds, produce, growing tips, and anything else related to growing heirloom flowers or produce.
2023.06.02 20:28 HitchHikr Check out Cinema Saver before it closes! Smash event Sunday 6/4
In case you were looking for an excuse to head over to Cinema Saver before it closes, there's going to be a Super Smash Bros. Melee and HDR (mod of Smash Ultimate) tournament taking place there this Sunday!
Starts at 2pm, and new players are encouraged and will be helped to learn! https://start.gg/champsgrounds
Find more events in the area here: https://upstatesmash.com/communities/southern-tie
submitted by HitchHikr
to Binghamton [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 21:26 pennymetzger What I Packed for May in Iceland: a Review
This sub was so helpful in helping me plan my trip and what to pack so I wanted to post a review of what I ended up packing. An important caveat here is this is what worked for me. What works for you may vary depending on your itinerary, your luck with the weather, and your cold tolerance. Personally being from the American South where our winters are rarely colder than 40 F (4.5 C) I am a little weanie when it comes to being cold. I had literally never seen snow or walked on ice prior to this trip.
Our trip: our general itinerary was to fly into KEF, transfer to RKV, then take a domestic flight to EGS. We started our trip exploring the east and then made our way down the southern coast back to Reykjavik and ultimately flew home out of KEF. So we essentially did 1/2 the ring road.
Our weather: the lowest temps we experienced were mid 30’s F and highest temps were mid 50’s F. Through the majority of our days were in the low 40’s. We also had the delight of a yellow warning while we were in Hella that grounded our hiking for the day, and we experienced intermittent light hail throughout our trip.
Besides the obvious things you need to packs, here are some of things I spent time researching before packing.
- waterproof hiking boots: a must pack. If you plan on doing any significant hiking or even walk around the city in the rain water proof boots will help keep you cozy and comfortable! However if you have older boots that may have lost some of their weather proofing I recommend reproofing them before your trip. My boots were a little bit leaky-er than when I last used them and I would have benefited from reproofing them.
- Snow pants: I got these. Like I said I live in a warm climate and owned zero pairs of cold weather pants before this trip. Lots of people online said snow pants were over kill and I was hesitant to purchase these. But as a tall and always cold girlie having some warm pants that actually covered my ankles was game changing. Since I’m tall the pants being long enough was HUGE as they prevented rain from funneling directly down my leg and into my boots. I wore them almost every day while hiking and they were especially great on the beach as it was quite windy when we were there. They did get a little warm when the sun came out but I would compensate with removing top layers.
- Water proof pants: If you plan to get close to any of the glorious water falls having water proof pants is a life saver. I paired mine with leggings underneath to prevent from freezing. I even wore them over the snow pants one time for glacier hiking as it happened to be pouring rain.
- Rain coat: an absolute must. I used mine as a thin rain coat/wind breaker and layered underneath to match the weather. I got one that was on the cheaper side and while I don’t necessarily regret it if you have cause to splurge and get a nicer rain coat I say go for it. Mine did a great job keeping my dry visiting water falls and in light to regular rain. It did less well while hiking for hours in the rain atop a glacier. The material of mine feels more fabric-y and less plastic-y which I’m sure helps with breathability but I think water resistance is sacrificed and it has a hard time holding up to heavy or prolonged rains. But ultimately I’m not sure a more expensive coat would have performed much better.
- Water proof winter gloves: these were great on our glacier hike and glacier lagoon zodiac boat tour. Granted they got soaked but they were still immensely helpful with windchill. I don’t know if I could have done either of these activities without gloves. If this stuff is not on your itinerary you could probably skip these and replace them with regular thinner gloves. I wore them a few additional times on the beach and when it was quite windy but never for long.
- Fleece buff: loved this in place of a scarf for layering while hiking. Easy to pack away when too hot. Easy to pull up to covered more of your head and chin when too cold.
- Quick drying towel: we got thin microfiber quick dry towels that pack down really well. They were great for when we went to natural hot springs or just drying off if we got rained on during a hike.
- Water proof backpack cover: great buy if you want to get close to a waterfall while protecting your gear.
Things we didn’t get: some stuff just didn’t seem like a worthy investment for us since we live in such a warm climate. Sure they might have enhanced our trip, but we managed just fine without them. On this list is: wool socks, wool base layers, trekking poles, yak traks or other crampons, or mosquito nets.
Hopefully someone finds this helpful! Cheers!
submitted by pennymetzger
to VisitingIceland [link] [comments]
2023.05.24 01:16 Deviant502 Nike By You (me)
! I recently received a Nike Gift Card to use for designing my own sneaker. I attempted to do some research, but there was woefully little available. I was inspired to take note of time frame, and lots of photographs when received. Overall this was a simple process, and much quicker than expected.
4/21/23 - order placed, gift card not accepted on website
4/22/23 - called 800 number, direct to a human. Immediately fixed the problem after verifying identity
4/23/23 - order confirmed received email
5/6/23 - email received stating shoes on the way, 5/29 estimated delivery
5/10/23 - tracking shows customs acceptance
5/11/23 - Alaska -> Louisville, KY in a day!
5/12/23 - delivered, southern Indiana
Overall great experience. The options available are crazy! I did get my hopes up a little too early in the shipping process. UPS Worldwide Express Saver was the shipping method.
Photo Gallery of Unboxing: https://postimg.cc/gallery/LMmchb0
submitted by Deviant502
to sneakerhead [link] [comments]
2023.05.22 04:12 Ccatmom_10 Life Saver Help 😭
| || |
SOS! I adopted this life saver cactus, heurnia Zebrina, from my dad who recently passed away. I absolutely will be crushed if i kill it. 😭 submitted by Ccatmom_10 to succulents [link] [comments]
Here is a video of what’s going on.
He had it in a western facing window, and when I brought it home I put it outside for a few days thinking it needed more sun, but ended up getting a little burn/turning purplish. So, I placed it in my eastern facing window, right next to it.
Now, it’s losing its color, turning a little grayish/yellow specifically in the tips. It’s not as firm as it was either, even during watering.
My dad has gotten it to flower and previously was fine, so now is the change.
I live in southern Indiana, zone 6 for reference. Any and all help so appreciated!!!
2023.05.16 10:46 OzBargainBot 5.00% p.a. Interest on Home Saver Account on Balance up to $100,000 (Monthly Deposit & Spend Requirements) @ Great Southern Bank
2023.05.06 02:33 MilleniumFalcon PSA: Lots of business class award availability between Australia<-->USA in the next month or so
shows many days with business class saver availability between USA and Australia. Hope this helps someone. Note that winter is coming in Australia, so might not be the best time to visit the southern parts unless you have an appetite for rainy/windy.
submitted by MilleniumFalcon
to unitedairlines [link] [comments]
2023.04.16 15:29 newfiesrock How safe is it for a solo female traveller to take an overnight train from Sydney to Melbourne?
Hi!! I'm a solo female traveller (first time travelling on my own so am pretty nervous). I'm planning to travel to both Melbourne and Sydney during my time in Australia, and I am thinking of taking a train from Melbourne's Southern Cross Station to Sydney's Central Station. (under NSW trainlink bookings - same company as with the NSW discovery pass)
I was given an 830 train from Melbourne to Sydney, and a 1950 train from Sydney to Melbourne. The train departing at 1950 will arrive in Melbourne at 0700, and is an overnight train. (Southern XPT TRAIN)
I'm not sure how safe economy class, or economy saver is, and whether I should opt for a sleeping cabin for the night train. ^ and how do the sleeper cabins work? Will i get a private compartment or will I have to share a compartment w strangers, and if so, will i be able to opt for an all female room?
Also, if anyone has any info on which parts of sydney/melbourne i should avoid safety wise, please lemme know as well! Any safety tips for solo travel in general as well would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
submitted by newfiesrock
to AskAnAustralian [link] [comments]
2023.04.06 13:10 WeWannaKnow Freezing Rain. Quebec/Ontario, Canada. Report + What I learned (from a mild prepper).
What I learned:
- Report: Freezing rain in part of Ontario and Quebec (Canada) put our electrical systems down. Trees fallen in the streets. Branches affecting electrical wires. Distributors' transformers exploding. People, more than a million in Quebec, without power. It was a cold night (0°C/32°F) Today, weather will be warmer, which will melt the ice. However, power should come back in a few days only. As too many incidents happened yesterday and there's just too many to fix in a day.
- 911 unavailable and overloaded when people called to report electrical fires on wires. People calling to report trees falling and dangerous situations were welcomed with messages telling the users to wait on the line or that the 911 was simply not available.
- Fire department, overloaded: A tree branch fell on a transformer on my street. They cut the power. While here and assessing the situation, a fire due to icy branches broke out elsewhere, and they had to leave in a rush. A fireman, tired, said to a group of people witnessing the situation: "We have our hands full. We normally get a dozen calls a days. We received 80!" My BIL is a fireman in the town over. 120 calls yesterday only. He expects the same situation today.
- Our electrical network is one of the best in North America. So much so that when states like ME, NY, and even southern ones like TX need support, we send our electrical workers to help as they're the best in the field. But it crashes, and it crashes hard.
I decided to rearrange my BOB while the power was out yesterday and had sunlight as light. I cleaned and rearranged a few things.
- I need more AA and AAA batteries. Like a lot more.
- Need more Idahoan mashed potatoes. They're a life saver right now.
- More Spam too.
- Need to research more non cook food.
- I regret not buying a bluetti. I was still on the fence on it because I don't know what type to get with the budget I have. Well, I hesitated so much that by the time I needed one, it was too late!
- A cat is a good source of temporary heat and comfort.
- I rely on my phone too much for entertainment.
- My small 90s Sony pocket radio AM/FM is keeping me sane.
- I need to know how to use my prep.
- Need a camping pan. Hooray for a camping stove, but all I have to heat water is my Lagostina pots, and it's gonna take a while. Need a better system.
- I'm too nice. When the power went out, my neighbor (I live in a 4 apartments building) came outside, and we talked about the power outages. My dumbass opened her damn mouth about having 3 power banks, and I offered one to him to charge his and his wife's cell. Therefore, losing 1/3 of my charging capacities. Just a Canadian being Canadian and our overly nice attitude!
- Need a solar way to get power.
(Long story short, my husband died recently, and I'm now a solo household - Our prep was a two backpacks thing. Him carrying the heavier items)
I tried to fit everything in one bag. Impossible. So I need to buy a 60L bag, and rearrange it for myself only.
I realized I don't know how to use many of the items I have: Can I add cold water to my mountain house meals? Will it still work? Can I use this small camping stove inside? The one with the white capsules you set on fire. Can I flush the toilet? Basic questions. But it added stress to my night.
(I wish I had a Bluetti right now!)
submitted by WeWannaKnow
to preppers [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 01:18 AdrianCoyote Tire replacement for 2017 Chevy Volt LT - Recommendations?
My car is currently at 62,300 miles and I've had the same tires since I purchased the car around 24,000 miles (I assume the tires I have are the stock OEM tires - Front tires are Goodyear Assurance, and back two are the Michelin Energy Savers).
I was recently quoted at a local tire dealership that I need low-rolling resistance tires if I want to keep my electric range. I looked at replacing with newer Michelin Energy Saver A/S tires, but for all 4 it runs about $1600, which isn't exactly cheap...
For reference, I live in Southern California and other than a few days of rain, I drive mostly city and highway in dry weather (although this past winter has been pretty wet, with all the rain we've been getting) - so I probably wouldn't need something like the Michelin Crossclimate 2's, which I've seen recommended for my model Volt here on occasion.
Would anyone have any recommendations on what tire might work best for my use case? Any advice is greatly appreciated. 🙂
submitted by AdrianCoyote
to volt [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 01:45 OzBargainBot 4.75% p.a. Interest on Home Saver Account on Balance up to $100K (Monthly Deposit & Spend Requirements) @ Great Southern Bank
2023.03.29 21:13 worthwhat Where to start on finding flexible childcare?
I’m a part-time SAHM, my husband works FT and is the primary earner. We receive health benefits, etc. through his job. I say I’m PT because I have a flexible healthcare job where I can pick up hours here and there through the week if my husband can watch our baby (14 mo) while working from home. I typically work 15-20 hrs a month with this arrangement. We do not have any other childcare/babysitter set up and do not have family in the area that could watch her, especially on short notice.
I was just offered a great position with my company that is close by and pays $48/hr, which is excellent in my profession. I would probably need to guarantee 3 days/week if I accept. After speaking to my boss I know I would need to have a sitter available in order to accept.
So… how do you start finding childcare? what should I expect to pay them, and what gets included in that cost? What happens if they call out? The main deterrent for us hiring someone is price - we are big savers, we live in Southern CA (VHCOL) and if I had to pay someone essentially what I was bringing home, I’d rather stay home with my daughter myself. I like working but it’s not THAT important to me; I do like a routine but if we were independently wealthy, both my husband and I would probably just elect to be SAHPs, lol. But with this big pay bump, it might be reasonable to hire help.
Can anyone who shifted from SAHM to PT work clue me in on what to expect, and what the pros and cons have been for your family? What do you pay them in a week?
Apologies if these are dumb questions… none of my friends are in a similar situation
submitted by worthwhat
to workingmoms [link] [comments]
2023.03.23 16:44 ahponytail Excursionist Perk in Europe- worth it?
Planning a 3-continent trip in the July timeframe, and see a lot of X availability USA -> South America and South America -> Europe. Figuring out how to do a flight from Southern Europe to Northern Europe(late July) but it seems like there either isn’t saver award availability or the trip takes an extremely circuitous routing(I.e. FLR -> OSL via. VIE, WSW or via. IST). Is there a chance more saver availability will open up, or would I be better off hoofing it with an LCC (sometimes the base fare is less than the taxes and fees on the excursionist perk award)
submitted by ahponytail
to unitedairlines [link] [comments]
2023.03.18 16:20 leviNOsa Where should I be prioritizing the money left over from my paychecks?
Demographics: 28 year old Female living alone in Southern CA, with 2 cats
Here is a quick breakdown of my income, expenses, savings, & debt:
- Salary: $52k
- Monthly take home: approximately $3,300. I get paid on the 15th and last day of the month so it varies slightly.
- Monthly expenses: approximately $2,500
- Remaining: $800
- Savings: $6,000 (I have an additional $2,233 in my bank account that I was refunded for my school loans when I applied for the loan forgiveness but I'm not treating it as my money since the plan likely won't get approved by the Supreme Court. So I am planning on giving it back once the final decision is made)
- Debt: $7106.31 on my car at 2.44% interest, no CC debt
- Retirement: $12,834
I work for a small company that only offers the retirement option through the state (CalSavers). It's not great so I have transferred my retirement funds from previous jobs into a Roth IRA and will contribute on my own. I started my new job last August but have not started contributing yet (I know..)
My long term financial goals are to have 6 months of expenses in my savings ($16k), pay off my car, contribute generously to retirement, start a business or freelance, and hopefully eventually save up to buy a condo or a house. The house would be way down the line, especially here in SoCal.
I intentionally took a lower paying job because my goal is to leave the 9-5 life so I wanted a less stressful job that would allow me to have energy to work toward my other career goals outside of my working hours. My question is, where should I be putting my excess money? How much should I put toward my retirement each month and how much should I put toward paying off my car? Or should I try to build up my savings more since the interest rate on my car is relatively low?
I am debating taking a second job for a bit to meet these goals so that I can approach it more aggressively, but I fear that it would take away from my availability to work toward my personal projects (which involve trying to get into the film industry & working on creating my own music). I'm also fearful of a looming recession & still not knowing if/how that will affect me so I want to make sure I'm saving. Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated!
submitted by leviNOsa
to personalfinance [link] [comments]
2023.03.09 06:55 Boomersgang [Thanks] u/Introvertedand for the freaking fantastic exchange from Australia!
submitted by Boomersgang to snackexchange [link] [comments]
2023.03.08 07:32 sultanasbananas Youth transaction and savings accounts
What are good options for kids and youth's transaction and savings account?
Great southern bank has an eSaver account for up to 17yr Olds, paying 5% interest up to $5000. No criteria needed to earn the 5%.
Westpac has a Bump savings account for teenagers paying 4% interest. Criteria is to grow the balance at the end of the month.
Any other options?
submitted by sultanasbananas
to AusFinance [link] [comments]
2023.03.03 18:04 hawksox11 Do tires make a substantial difference in mpg?
Recently replaced the stock Michelin EnergySaver tires after 70,000 miles. My front tires were pretty bad for a while... but I was still averaging about 45-48 mpg.
The EnergySavers ain't cheap, so I did some research and settled on the Pirelli P4 Persist AS PLUS because they have a really nice warranty.
But after a week my mpg is in the 38-40 range. It's also been uncharacteristically cold in Southern California- but I'm wondering if I messed up.. -10 mpg is a lot..
Have you replaced your tires with non stock and how have they impacted mpg?
(I have an '18 LX HEV)
submitted by hawksox11
to KiaNiro [link] [comments]
2023.02.25 05:16 mjdolorico1234 My first Octopath Traveler II Playthrough Journal! Chapter 1: Best Bois!
Hello fellow travelers!
First off, if y'all reading this, thank you so much for expressing interest in reading my thoughts on this game! I am a very casual gamer, I just got my OLED Switch in May last year, and I've been having a blast! I played a bunch of RPGs since then, one of which was Octopath Traveler, and I can confidently say that it is one of the most fun video game experiences I ever had! And what do you know, I finished the secret boss of OT1 just in time for the Octopath Traveler II hype train to roll around!
As a way for me to keep track of my progress, and to maybe share helpful info to my fellow travelers, I decided to make a Reddit journal of my first playthrough of OTII! This will just be a stream-of-consciousness thing where I just blab freeform about my gaming experience, with the occasional tips and commentary.
Some disclaimers: I am NOT a min-maxer or strategist, I will be very casual with the way I play this game. Most of my decisions will be made on the basis of what I feel like doing. You are welcome to give advice on what I should do in the comments, just don't expect me to follow every single thing y'all mention. I also will be very honest with my commentary, so expect some criticism of story beats, technical issues and the like. I also ask that if you will comment on this, to please refrain from mentioning any spoilers from parts of the game I haven't encountered yet.
The way I decided to do this is I think I'm just gonna make a journal entry for each chunk of uninterrupted gameplay I finish, because I know there's some asymmetry with the story structures this time round. For this first entry, I'll be talking about my first four hours of gameplay.
Without further ado, let's begin!
CHAPTER ONE: Best bois!(SPOILERS FOR OSVALD CHAP 1-2 AND PARTITIO CHAP 1 AHEAD!)
- OK, so I actually played the demo and played a couple of first chapters, but I decided to start afresh with my physical cartridge since I want to experience the game in one straight playthrough. I played Osvald and Partitio in the demo first, and I enjoyed them so much that I decided to lock in on them.
- Starting with Osvald made the most sense to me from a storytelling perspective, a dramatic jailbreak just feels like a great way to open this grand adventure, and Emerald is a great starting traveler, since his story and its conclusion thematically contrasts with what will eventually happen to Osvald as he ends up taking 7 other travelers with him on his quest for revenge.
- Strategy-wise, Osvald ended up being a good pick as well, since his first passive really helped to smooth out the exploring experience. His Study Foe talent was also a godsend for breaking enemies. I will say that SP is a very scarce resource this early on, so make sure you stock up on Inspiriting Plums and judiciously use your elemental attacks. I ended up unlocking Elemental Barrage and the lightning AoE skill first, since I want Osvald to be as offensive as possible.
- Experiencing the story firsthand, I will say the pacing of Osvald's story is a little slower than I first anticipated. There was a lot of waiting for days to pass by, and there were moments were the music just completely disappeared, which I'm assuming was an intended choice, but it made the story feel sluggish at times. The choice of having his prologue split into two chapters is also odd to me, there's no reason why this couldn't have been just done in one chapter. I'm excited for what's ahead though, I am very interested in some of the new features in his kit, and I am hoping there's a hidden skill here that will turn Osvald into an OT1 Sorcerer. Also excited for his new path action, I have every intention of overleveling this character and this will be a great way to do that and get goodies at the same time.
- I guess another reason why this chapter felt slower than usual is because I ended up Scrutinizing the heck out of all the NPCs available to me. I don't regret it though, it really helps to flesh out the world at large, and you can get some bonus items and discounts along the way.
- Oh, and BTW, I am really digging this day/night cycle. I love how smooth the transition is between the visuals and music, and I love the idea of night being a slightly more challenging mode where you can get more exp and jp battling stronger enemies. I actually ended up wasting a few minutes just watching the title screen animation just to see the difference between the day and night versions, it all looked and sounded so different but cohesive.
- Battles this time around feel much more dynamic, it's amazing what some fancy camera angles can do to impact the flow of battle. The particle effects really add to the drama, and I love the additional voice lines between party members. As an XC fanboy, I'm all for my characters hyping each other up.
- Geography wise, Frigit Isle is definitely a memorable starting point. It's no Flamesgrace with the shimmering snow, but it's supposed to be a desolate icy wasteland, and it comes across in the art direction. I really appreciate that they made an effort to break up the linearity of the first game and added a lot more vertical and diagonal traversals and a lot more winding paths in the background and foreground. The escape route was surprisingly long and more fun to explore than I expected. The introduction of the canoe traversal mechanic was smooth and made sense in-game. The chapter ends in Cape Cold, which is very small compared to the typical starting town, but it's as good as place as any to rest up when you're out of SP and plums.
- after Osvald's chapter, I immediately made a beeline to the harbor at Anchorage to go to the western part of Solistia, where Partitio is. I love this new harbor system, it really added to the whole expanded feel of this game. After arriving on shore, I rushed towards Oresrush, but for a minute I though I got lost because I ended up passing the Leaflands, but eventually I found a path that got me back to the Wildlands and I finally arrived in my destination.
- Partitio's chapter was so much fun! I just love his wholesome vibe, and I don't care what anyone says, his southern accent is music to my ears, even if it is just a couple of degrees away from sounding like Goofy. As a H'aanit MC player, I'm used to extremely stilted dialogue, so I felt right at home with Partitio's vibe.
- Partitio's starting chapter, compared to Osvald, was much faster-paced and enjoyable. I love so many of the starring characters and NPCs, and I loved how they showed the passage of time through the timelapse of Papp's house. The thematic elements of the Silver Rush and the Age of Steam really tickled my fancy and made the town feel alive, and I had a lot of fun checking out the wares available on all of the NPCs. The big bad was a little basic, but very easy to hate, so I enjoyed putting him in his place. The plot twist with Roque was interesting, I am very curious at how Partitio's standoff with him will go down.
- Gameplay-wise, I love how they made Hire a much more prominent mechanic. I didn't really use it a lot in OT1, but this will give me the perfect excuse to integrate it in my party setup. I ended up choosing Ned as my first hire, and I really like his ability and his discount passive. I also realize how important money is to OT2, so I will be taking advantage of Collect and the merchant money passive as often as I can. As for his skills, I'm a little sad SP Saver is now gone from the merchant passives, and I was also sad that the merchant elemental is fire now instead of wind, but I am very excited to see the JP oriented skills, and I hope this will help a lot with grinding. Rest and Sidestep remains reliable AF.
- So something I noticed...... the first time I was in the Abandoned Mine area, it was daytime and there was a chest tucked in the first level that I opened immediately. The second time I was there, it was nighttime and for some reason the chest I opened was closed again. Is this a new thing, where chests appeadisappear or differ in content between day and night? Or is this just some random bug? I will have to pay attention to this more in my next playthrough.
- Now that I played them back to back I'm really excited that Osvald and Partitio will be sharing Crossed Paths stories together. I love how stark the contrast is between them: one is on a deeply personal and singular quest for revenge, while the other is on a altruistic quest to end poverty in the world for the benefit of everyone. It'll be interesting to see how they play off each other in their joint storylines. And I'm sure Osvald would love Partitio's LP just turning him into a elemental damage heavyweight.
Also they are extremely hot NOW KISS
And the first chapter of my OT2 playthrough comes to a close! Hope you enjoyed my rambly account of me enjoying this cozy AF game! Please feel free to share your theories on Osvald and Partitio's totally platonic relationship, and if you have any advice and tips on how to make the most out of my experience, don't hesitate to share them! I am now planning on picking up Agnea and Hikari next. Happy travels everyone!
submitted by mjdolorico1234
to octopathtraveler [link] [comments]
2023.02.20 20:55 Raist613 2 Week Itinerary Check (October 20- November 3/4, Tokyo/ Hiroshima / Kyoto/ Osaka / Hakone)
Hi all! Hope your Mondays are off to a great start. I am planning a trip for 5-6 people total, with the group being my wife's family and me. It's still a little unclear if my father in law will be joining, but planning on 3 hotel rooms in each location just in case. I have been to Japan 3 times, with my most recent trip in 2019
I'm a little torn in that I'm basically doing a similar agenda to my previous trip, but I really loved it and feel it's the perfect way to experience Japan for the rest of the family since it will be everyone's first time.
I'm hoping for feedback on a few things:
- I know from my previous trip that underplanning is better than overplanning. Does this itinerary feel like that? Kyoto got a little packed because there's so much great stuff.
- Does anyone have recommendations from the hotels listed (or other similar ones?) Especially curious about ryokans in Hakone, the ones listed are some I found from previous posts on Japantravel. In general, I am aiming for 100-200 per room a night, willing to spend more on the high end of that range in Tokyo. For ryokan, 250-350 per person.
- Am I missing anything obvious? I am going pretty generic since it'll be everyone's first time. I left out lunches here, where I am planning on hitting ramen, udon, etc.
- Looking specifically for recommendations for seeing fall colors. I think we'll be a little before peak season, but if anyone has ideas I would love to hear them.
Tokyo (Oct 21-24) Hotel Options:
Since we’ll be in Tokyo twice, I was thinking a little bit nicer of a place on the front-end and a simple/business hotel on the back-end.
- Park Hotel Tokyo
- Location: very central and convenient to many destinations.
- Cons: Surrounding neighborhood doesn’t have a lot but easy to get anywhere
- Price: 190-220 USD a night
- Hotel Century Southern Tower
- Location: Western Tokyo, much more lively and is walking distance to many prime attractions - little further to others
- Cons: could be a little busy/crowded
- Price: 190-200 USD a night
- Hotel Risveglio Akasaka
- Location: Central, convenient to a lot of destinations.
- Cons: Surrounding neighborhood doesn’t have a lot but easy to get anywhere
- Price: 160-170 USD a night
- Transportation to Hotel + Check-in (flight lands around 1:30pm)
- Main Activity: Explore Surrounding Area
- Possible Attractions:
- Tokyo Tower
- Ginza Shopping Area
- Imperial Palace
- Koishikawa Korakuen Graden
- Goal: Walk and get acclimated
- Dinner: Sushi Zanmai (I've been there 3-4 times and it's always been reliable, but thoughts on other entry level places?)
- Main Activity: Meiji Shrine, Shibuya, Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
- Lots of walking, visiting all around the city
- Dinner: Tonkatsou Taihou (Tonkatsou, fried pork cutlets)
- Morning Main Activity: Tsukiji Fish Market & Teamlab Planets (Digital Interactive Museum)
- Afternoon Main Activity: Akhibara
- Dinner: Abe Ginzahonten (Tempura)
- Morning Main Activity: Tokyo National Museum & Ueno Park
- Transportation: Train to Hiroshima
Hiroshima (Oct 24-26)
- Sheraton Grand Hiroshima Hotel
- 5 star hotel, one of the best in the city
- Location: Everything is pretty central, right near the train station
- Cons: Pricier than other options
- Price: 170 USD per night
- Rihga Royal Hotel Hiroshima
- 4 star hotel, roof top bar with great views
- Location: right next to the peace memorial, great and central
- Cons: no clear ones
- Price: 90-120 USD per night
- The Knot Hiroshima
- 4 star hotel, roof top bar with great views
- Location: Right by the peace memorial, great and central
- Cons: no clear ones
- Price: 100-110 USD per night
- Main Activity: Explore the hotel surroundings
- Dinner: Nataga-Ya (Okonomiyaki, a Japanese pancake, has a specific style in Hiroshima)
- Morning Main Activity: Peace Memorial Museum and Park
- Afternoon Main Activity: Hiroshima Castle & Shukkeien Garden
- Dinner: Tsukiakari (Anagi meshi, saltwater eel)
- Morning Main Activity: Miyajima Island
- Transportation: Train to Kyoto
Kyoto (Oct 26-30)
- Cross Hotel
- Central location, near a lot of the main attractions on the Westside of Kyoto
- Looks simple but nice
- 155 USD per night
- Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel Kyoto Premier
- Central location, near a lot of main attractions on westside of Kyoto
- Public bath
- 175 USD per night
- Noku Kyoto
- Northern location, little quieter and outside of the main tourist zone
- Looks sleek and modern
- 130-150 USD per night
- The Celestine Kyoto Gion
- Gion district, a little more in the historical district
- Public bath
- 180 USD per night
- Kyoto Hana Hotel
- Mix of Japanese/Western hotels
- Central location in Eastern Kyoto
- 140-160 USD per night
- Main Activity: Explore Surrounding Area
- Dinner: Sushi Matsumoto
- Morning Main Activity: Northern Kyoto - Arashiyama Area (Bamboo Grove) & Kinkaku-Ji Temple (Golden Pavillion) Early start! 6am wake up time so we can enjoy the bamboo grove without overcrowding
- Afternoon Main Activity: Explore Central Kyoto
- Dinner: Mishimiya-Tei (Sukiyaki)
- Day Trip! Takao Mountain Village. Has anyone done this before? I've read it's an awesome place to see fall colors.
- Dinner: Udon or Soba, casual dinner
- Morning Main Activity: Nishiki Market, Tea Ceremony. After two days of walking, we’ll plan a mini rest day, focusing more on central Kyoto and less walking
- Afternoon Main Activity: Kiyomizudera
- Dinner: Kiyamachi Sakuragawa (Japanese Kaiseki Tasting)
- Morning Main Activity: Fushimi Inari Shrine, Tofukuji Temple
- Transportation: Train to Osaka
Osaka (Oct 30-Nov 1)
- Dotonbori Hotel
- Basic and small but straightforward and clean
- Very centrally located, maybe even too touristy
- 100-120 USD per night
- Cross Hotel
- Very centrally located
- Little larger
- 180 USD per night
- Hotel the Flag
- Central location, right off the main tourist strip
- New/boutique feel
- 120-140 USD per night
- Hotel Androoms Shin-Osaka
- Slightly north of main central tourist zone, little quieter
- Large communal baths
- 100-120 USD per night
Dinner: Ichimatsu (Yakitori)
- Morning Main Activity: Osaka Castle, Nishinomaru Garden
- Dinner: Kuromon Ichiba Market (try various Osaka street foods like Takoyaki and Kushikatsu)
- Night Activity: Halloween!
- Morning Main Activity: Leave to Hakone so we can enjoy the day in the mountains!
- Transportation: Train to Hakone
Hakone (Nov 1-2)
Hotel Options: Ryokan, Traditional Japanese Inn * Senkyoro * Seikansou * Gora Kansuiro
- Main Activity: Explore Hakone
- Open Air Museum
- Lake Ashinoko
- Dinner: Kaiseki at the Ryokan, typically served in the room
- Main Activity: Relax and maybe hike around Hakone
- Transportation: Train to Tokyo
Tokyo (Nov 2-3)
- Hotel Ryumeikan
- Central location, right by train station
- 140-160 USD per night
- Hotel Risveglio Akasaka
- Location: Central, convenient to a lot of destinations.
- Cons: Surrounding neighborhood doesn’t have a lot but easy to get anywhere
- Price: 160-170 USD a night
- Hotel Gracery Asakusa
- In the historical district, could be nice to mix it up and end in this quieter neighborhood
- Price: 140 USD a night
- Main Activity: Shopping and Walking
- Dinner: Isana Sushi Bar
- Main Activity: Asakusa Historical Area/Shopping
TBD if happening, depending on flight cost, as there are great saver awards on Nov 3
submitted by Raist613
to JapanTravel [link] [comments]
2023.02.20 08:16 subreddit_stats Subreddit Stats: Crippled_Alcoholics top posts from 2022-09-16 to 2023-02-20 00:00 PDT
Period: 156.68 days
| ||Submissions ||Comments |
|Total ||1000 ||18395 |
|Rate (per day) ||6.38 ||117.20 |
|Unique Redditors ||389 ||1538 |
|Combined Score ||31489 ||80414 |
Top Submitters' Top Submissions
- 1580 points, 32 submissions: Gordon_The_Gorrilla
- Last Time, but can all You Fuckers just Upvote shit for the next few more days (332 points, 14 comments)
- It honestly breaks my heart, all the people washing up here who can't find CA. (165 points, 44 comments)
- Fuck me! Did this place top 70 users at one point tonight? (156 points, 25 comments)
- Why is an Open CA Sub Important? (92 points, 20 comments)
- Come on you pussies, tell your story, even if it's about how fucking boring your life is right now (72 points, 50 comments)
- I won my personal war, and need Detox Advice (64 points, 32 comments)
- Just Wanted to say Hello (49 points, 12 comments)
- Raise the Roof (44 points, 11 comments)
- Fishing (43 points, 25 comments)
- What's the best lie to get some Benzos out of your Dr? (41 points, 20 comments)
- 554 points, 19 submissions: Consistent_Barber_61
- Met a real goddamn piece of shit today on Reddit. (87 points, 64 comments)
- I’m drinking a handle of vodka a day again. I need help. (58 points, 26 comments)
- Wholesome CA moment in the wild today. (40 points, 8 comments)
- I’m gonna keep sharing my funny stories from rehab in 2020. (32 points, 7 comments)
- Ants are eating my cum (30 points, 19 comments)
- Four Lokos shudders (28 points, 48 comments)
- Worst recovery YouTube scammer I’ve ever seen in my life. (28 points, 21 comments)
- Flying too close to the sun (26 points, 9 comments)
- It’s my cake day (25 points, 6 comments)
- That time I role-played as Earl from My Name Is Earl IRL while wasted (25 points, 8 comments)
- 547 points, 19 submissions: JulianImSorry
- I shit myself while puking this morning. Not a shart, full on shit (93 points, 18 comments)
- EAT. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD EAT (54 points, 37 comments)
- Nonstop puking for the past 36 hours (42 points, 36 comments)
- What's your guys bender ending carepack? (32 points, 25 comments)
- I just drank an entire liter of pedialyte. That's all. Hydrate my friends (29 points, 7 comments)
- Next time your functional and grocery shopping stock up on Ensure shakes for when you can't eat (28 points, 9 comments)
- Puking and nausea finally stopped (after two days) This sub helped me get through the worst of the WD's. Thanks all. (28 points, 8 comments)
- I made some homemade soup and sandwiches so today is a win. Actual real food and veggies for a few days. You guys have any recent wins? (26 points, 14 comments)
- My coworkers don't speak to me anymore after they caught me withdrawing at work a few weeks ago. (26 points, 16 comments)
- Had to call off work. I can't leave my bed. I can barely type this as my hands are shaking. Sweating, puking. My stomach feels like its ripped open (23 points, 14 comments)
- 477 points, 11 submissions: jangttaeng
- Anyone else? Just can't seem to give it up. (108 points, 33 comments)
- Fuck. (98 points, 42 comments)
- My liver ultrasound was good, other than a fatty liver. You know what that means. (62 points, 81 comments)
- My fellow CAs... (42 points, 23 comments)
- First shower in two weeks because I finally have the energy. (38 points, 22 comments)
- Sappy Post because I Hate My Addiction (31 points, 10 comments)
- Constantly smell like beer and now my ass is bleeding. (24 points, 34 comments)
- I'm back on the vodka. (21 points, 22 comments)
- I've hit a wall. (21 points, 13 comments)
- Getting my stomach/liveducts ultrasound on the 23rd. What should I expect? Chairs. (18 points, 32 comments)
- 457 points, 16 submissions: theoriginalmuppet
- 1000 (103 points, 40 comments)
- preflight dinner (I cooked) (42 points, 11 comments)
- fuck weekends (39 points, 17 comments)
- Face the shame (36 points, 20 comments)
- Our own random acts (28 points, 19 comments)
- Monday madness (26 points, 4 comments)
- It's Monday Madness Time (22 points, 9 comments)
- Monday bloody Monday (22 points, 13 comments)
- Friday Friday Friyay? (20 points, 27 comments)
- Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday (20 points, 11 comments)
- 445 points, 8 submissions: wowrrz
- My day as a 25F alcoholic. (233 points, 31 comments)
- What is something you do/did to make people believe that you weren’t drunk? (46 points, 26 comments)
- I love drinking so much but am at my wits end. (40 points, 10 comments)
- Alcoholism is funny and disgusting to me. (37 points, 9 comments)
- How do you maintain your weight while being an alcoholic? (26 points, 51 comments)
- I tried to join a Facebook alcoholic group. (23 points, 22 comments)
- I feel amazing when I quit. Then I relapse 24 hours later (20 points, 9 comments)
- What’s one thing you hate most about getting drunk? What’s one thing you love about it? (20 points, 38 comments)
- 436 points, 12 submissions: evilrotorbrain
- 🪑’s (119 points, 21 comments)
- Sober is the new drunk (41 points, 18 comments)
- Hygiene hygiene hygiene! (40 points, 37 comments)
- Made it a full 12 hours sober. Woke up and broke it. (39 points, 11 comments)
- Where are we all working? (36 points, 85 comments)
- Panic attack before work this morning (34 points, 8 comments)
- My first post ever (30 points, 16 comments)
- My bestfriend died yesterday (21 points, 9 comments)
- Phone call from my doctor today (21 points, 19 comments)
- Taking my last drink tonight (21 points, 10 comments)
- 424 points, 11 submissions: Faketrees2223
- I think I have a drinking problem... (121 points, 32 comments)
- I'm doing something I've always wanted to do (60 points, 6 comments)
- Okay. I've hit rock bottom (60 points, 19 comments)
- Merry xmas from a homeless perspective (38 points, 19 comments)
- Harm Reduction for Kindling? (25 points, 36 comments)
- If you need a reason to drink tonight... (24 points, 4 comments)
- Life can always get worse eh? (23 points, 7 comments)
- Anyone else here a crier? (21 points, 21 comments)
- Just another "I'm WDing" post (20 points, 10 comments)
- I'm at it again! (17 points, 19 comments)
- 413 points, 14 submissions: squishy_the_sanchez
- There’s a whole side of this we don’t talk about (98 points, 37 comments)
- A Squishy Day (33 points, 2 comments)
- What stage of drinking is this. (32 points, 13 comments)
- Untitled. (26 points, 23 comments)
- Do I go now or later (25 points, 5 comments)
- Hey I just need some reassurance. (25 points, 15 comments)
- It’s time to stop. (25 points, 2 comments)
- 1 every hour (22 points, 5 comments)
- Back from detox (22 points, 9 comments)
- Detox is a gamble (22 points, 19 comments)
- 395 points, 16 submissions: Mister_Iron1c
- guys what is up I am in the ER tryna detox I'm sorry about the rubbing alcohol post it was supposed to be satire (65 points, 63 comments)
- pissed the fucking bed lol (40 points, 41 comments)
- Day of my life when I was drinking (35 points, 22 comments)
- Fellow degenerates might have fucked up big time (29 points, 32 comments)
- pissed on my girlfriend's shoes (28 points, 6 comments)
- appreciation post (24 points, 0 comments)
- anyone else have OCD (22 points, 14 comments)
- put holes in my wall (22 points, 15 comments)
- day zero (18 points, 4 comments)
- what were you drinking (and how much) when you really hit your rock bottom moment (18 points, 43 comments)
- 358 points, 13 submissions: stoicgoat11
- please help me sober up I have work in the morning (53 points, 78 comments)
- made it through today bc of you mfs (45 points, 17 comments)
- checking in (42 points, 58 comments)
- i fucking miss u guys (33 points, 46 comments)
- are we all alive? (28 points, 55 comments)
- shit it's comin back (28 points, 24 comments)
- stayed up too late. fucked up and got too drunk. (25 points, 9 comments)
- sorry guys (22 points, 11 comments)
- how we doing? what y'all having for lunch? (20 points, 49 comments)
- need it tonight (17 points, 11 comments)
- 345 points, 8 submissions: allmysecretsss
- 3/4 day bender (66 points, 16 comments)
- What’s on your bedside table? (53 points, 108 comments)
- I hate everything but I love this sub (50 points, 20 comments)
- Soberland woops (45 points, 10 comments)
- Guys I got so fat loool (40 points, 49 comments)
- Forced myself to apply to a job (38 points, 4 comments)
- Hi (29 points, 14 comments)
- My life hacks and also merry Xmas fuckheads :) (24 points, 7 comments)
- 339 points, 9 submissions: DrinkDrankDrunkn
- Life , death , finding away (70 points, 26 comments)
- Later guys (57 points, 40 comments)
- Your Life (56 points, 138 comments)
- WD rant (54 points, 11 comments)
- A toast . (31 points, 7 comments)
- Radio informed . (22 points, 52 comments)
- Natty Ice FTW (17 points, 8 comments)
- Desert island (16 points, 36 comments)
- Trapped (16 points, 9 comments)
- 334 points, 10 submissions: Selzerdrinker
- 0.0% (59 points, 36 comments)
- binge for a week (59 points, 22 comments)
- going to rehab soon (34 points, 14 comments)
- 3 weeks sober (33 points, 2 comments)
- Airport bars (28 points, 6 comments)
- calling people drunk (28 points, 15 comments)
- on dating apps while drunk (26 points, 6 comments)
- bored and want to drink (23 points, 7 comments)
- how long is this lifestyle sustainable? (23 points, 25 comments)
- always spilling beer on my mattress (21 points, 11 comments)
- 325 points, 12 submissions: Both-Intern4835
- Who else had a fucked thanksgiving ? (55 points, 30 comments)
- Why am I so damn jumpy after a bender (36 points, 29 comments)
- Back to 15-20 drinks a night (33 points, 43 comments)
- This fucking sucks can't wait to get drunk. (30 points, 19 comments)
- I've been going hard as fuck. (28 points, 15 comments)
- Severe panic attacks . (26 points, 35 comments)
- Went crazy (26 points, 14 comments)
- Happy Friday CA fam. (21 points, 6 comments)
- Good mornin' 💕 (20 points, 2 comments)
- Friends party last night (18 points, 21 comments)
- 314 points, 12 submissions: SleepMadlock
- Anxiety (38 points, 30 comments)
- I used to work at a liquor store.. (38 points, 7 comments)
- Let just end this already (37 points, 24 comments)
- Relationships as a CA (31 points, 16 comments)
- Super Bowl Fucked with the Big ole Devil (30 points, 12 comments)
- The hole only deepens (25 points, 12 comments)
- jobs (25 points, 8 comments)
- Death be callin..... (23 points, 11 comments)
- Attempting... (19 points, 10 comments)
- A Gift and A Curse (17 points, 7 comments)
- 286 points, 3 submissions: sweetsweetsadsooory
- Saw a girl just like me. (167 points, 12 comments)
- I’m so fucking sick of this. This is terrible. (96 points, 25 comments)
- Running from the low not chasing the high (23 points, 3 comments)
- 274 points, 10 submissions: TheG2apist
- Hello my people (49 points, 30 comments)
- The ghost of Christmas Ass(piss) (42 points, 13 comments)
- Rage quitting from work? Well don't look back.... (32 points, 27 comments)
- Any of us white collar fucks have a major meltdown and rebirth? (26 points, 25 comments)
- Cleaning house and found hidden beer (26 points, 10 comments)
- Interview in a few hours (22 points, 9 comments)
- Holy hemorrhoid batman! (21 points, 14 comments)
- Any of us unemployed? What’s your day like? (19 points, 32 comments)
- Does anybody else get really angry when they are drunk? (19 points, 22 comments)
- S.O.S. (Xmas Ideas) (18 points, 27 comments)
- 263 points, 6 submissions: trying-hard2020
- Old CA group welcome! (81 points, 40 comments)
- This new CA sub rocks (80 points, 37 comments)
- How "Every other day" drinking is going, 6 weeks in (35 points, 12 comments)
- Only a week so far but we cut our drinking by 50% (35 points, 5 comments)
- just curious, what age are you? (18 points, 44 comments)
- Red face...solutions? (14 points, 49 comments)
- 237 points, 9 submissions: horse-shoes-street
- I really wish this vice would not be so advertised and socially accepted (47 points, 32 comments)
- What was the most embarrassing thing you did while fucked? (37 points, 31 comments)
- I was planning to limit myself to a single bottle of vodka yesterday (31 points, 23 comments)
- Remember food (28 points, 31 comments)
- Ladies and Gentlemen - please eat an take extra B1 (27 points, 15 comments)
- I am currently preparing the first soup (or stew depending on the definition) in a long time (23 points, 17 comments)
- hello everyone - I cannot believe I am here again (17 points, 1 comment)
- Uber Eats is a life saver (14 points, 4 comments)
- How many times did you get lost? (13 points, 9 comments)
- 234 points, 1 submission: Certain-Salamander53
- Privating CA is selfish and thoughtless behavior (234 points, 17 comments)
- 226 points, 8 submissions: honeybiz
- Jealous of all you who have a partner, SO, spouse, lover. (67 points, 40 comments)
- 50 hours into detox. Been watching cirrhosis you tube videos all night (29 points, 3 comments)
- Night terrors are so scary including brain zaps. (28 points, 19 comments)
- Just left the sober sub Reddit. I think it’s unhealthy for me to read those posts. (25 points, 16 comments)
- No one is posting?? (22 points, 20 comments)
- Drinking for 35 years. (21 points, 20 comments)
- Need advice asap (17 points, 4 comments)
- Nothing is satisfying tonight. Maybe forever. (17 points, 10 comments)
- 223 points, 7 submissions: Federal_Leopard_8006
- I'm giving a sober 2023 a try.. (75 points, 11 comments)
- Merry Christmas, guys! (33 points, 13 comments)
- I think I've finally hit the end.. (31 points, 18 comments)
- Wanted to apologize for my bullshit. (26 points, 9 comments)
- Huh..... (21 points, 3 comments)
- Putting my dog down today.. (20 points, 14 comments)
- Is it just me, or.. (17 points, 12 comments)
- 221 points, 7 submissions: phenobarbietal
- Really wanted a drink tonight. Screamed into a pillow and ate a burger instead. (48 points, 15 comments)
- Only 1 drink today yall. Felt the urge to go buy a case of strong seltzers. Held back, made pasta salad instead. (47 points, 8 comments)
- Quitting is harder than I thought. (39 points, 33 comments)
- It’s only 10am. (27 points, 24 comments)
- I’m joining soberland 2023. Till then… (23 points, 9 comments)
- i’m like a robot beep boop (19 points, 2 comments)
- Unfortunately I’ve disobeyed. I’ve had a few drinks so far, even though I planned on having none tonight. (18 points, 2 comments)
- 218 points, 9 submissions: w110w
- friendship with beer has ended (36 points, 29 comments)
- It's so much easier to drink and forget than it is to live and remember. (32 points, 13 comments)
- just pissed blood (30 points, 31 comments)
- drinking on the job again (28 points, 11 comments)
- bud ice (23 points, 2 comments)
- we're out of toilet paper i just had to clean my ass with a soap bar and the shower (20 points, 25 comments)
- first few drinks are hard to get in? but after i can just glug glug glug (17 points, 6 comments)
- can't drink bc kidney problems now hooked on bars (16 points, 27 comments)
- tips for physical rejection (16 points, 11 comments)
- 217 points, 1 submission: The_Drunken_Ronin
- Back to Zero (217 points, 42 comments)
- 215 points, 5 submissions: lavinadnnie
- A Requiem for a Liquor Store (69 points, 23 comments)
- I have broken my wrist bone and gotten a plate and screws drilled into it, I have had both my eyes cut open multiple times to prevent blindness, but these experiences have been near-euphoric compared to alcohol withdrawals (56 points, 7 comments)
- I discovered an absolutely delightful word: "rotgut". It has an interesting history to do with frontier life. It means exactly what it means: cheap bottom-shelf whiskey so ghastly it rots your guts and kills you (36 points, 31 comments)
- I think sobriety is so difficult for the erstwhile alcoholic because alcohol fucks up the reward-pleasure system. Discuss? (31 points, 16 comments)
- The ultimate high-functioning alcoholic? (23 points, 16 comments)
- 211 points, 9 submissions: Outrageous-Dare-9207
- Ever drink yourself into an actual stupor? (39 points, 24 comments)
- This shit sucks. Day 2. (30 points, 13 comments)
- Shit myself again. (26 points, 4 comments)
- I smell terrible after a bender (25 points, 9 comments)
- Only getting worse (22 points, 5 comments)
- Death is a better option (20 points, 8 comments)
- I need help. (19 points, 18 comments)
- Good day my lovely fellow drinkers (16 points, 10 comments)
- Good morning folks! (14 points, 11 comments)
- 207 points, 4 submissions: Marshmallow09er
- Grateful for this new sub (122 points, 24 comments)
- Anybody wanna talk? (32 points, 43 comments)
- I’m out of options. (30 points, 19 comments)
- The man who assaulted me got released without me knowing. And he attacked a 12 year old girl. I don’t know how to deal with this. (23 points, 10 comments)
- 196 points, 5 submissions: suddenlysilver
- Work Christmas party (58 points, 21 comments)
- How good are benzos (39 points, 30 comments)
- I feel like :) (37 points, 56 comments)
- You aren’t gunna believe it… (33 points, 24 comments)
- Giving up (29 points, 28 comments)
- 185 points, 6 submissions: nothingbutroublex
- Health related anxiety and alcoholism.. what a combo (47 points, 20 comments)
- Terrified of the damage I’ve done. (36 points, 47 comments)
- Struggling tonight (31 points, 7 comments)
- Broke and sad, this life sucks lol (25 points, 12 comments)
- Drunk before work. Again. Oops (25 points, 4 comments)
- Kinda fucked today. (21 points, 8 comments)
- 178 points, 8 submissions: Skruff90
- A community for those who sit in chairs (28 points, 1 comment)
- My name is Skruff. I’m an alcoholic (28 points, 20 comments)
- There’s a Belgian beer named after an alcohol withdrawal symptom. (27 points, 17 comments)
- Hurricane Shopping Tips and Tricks (23 points, 4 comments)
- Did anyone shit in a Wendy’s parking lot or piss off a bridge today? (19 points, 33 comments)
- Happy Friday you drunken bastards! (19 points, 12 comments)
- Introduce yourself. How long have you been a CA? Do you want to stop or keep drinking? (18 points, 20 comments)
- Percentage of Adults reporting heavy drinking by county in USA (16 points, 14 comments)
- 174 points, 5 submissions: pisswarlock69lol
- Love you all and goodbye (not an unaliving post) (49 points, 6 comments)
- I’m back lol (41 points, 9 comments)
- I love this sub. (40 points, 17 comments)
- 3 days (24 points, 2 comments)
- I get so devastated thinking about how much money I spent on booze (20 points, 17 comments)
- 166 points, 6 submissions: EverclearAndMatches
- It's so frustrating wanting to get sober so bad but the brain feels like it so so neeeeeds more alcohol (34 points, 21 comments)
- First time getting shakes ... (31 points, 39 comments)
- If I could write an ode to ramen... (31 points, 10 comments)
- How do you mf'ers not drive intoxicated in the morning? (28 points, 34 comments)
- Gained another 8 lbs over the last week. Turns out a handle and eating pizzas and pastas will do that (21 points, 15 comments)
- I miss good sleep (21 points, 10 comments)
- 162 points, 3 submissions: Lamar_Scrodum
- Where are my drunk secret agents living double lives? (59 points, 28 comments)
- I’ve been drunk everyday of my job for the past 2 years (55 points, 10 comments)
- Alcohol, it’s the drug you smell! (48 points, 31 comments)
- 161 points, 5 submissions: megatonrezident
- I lost my job and my boyfriend enables my drinking even more now. (51 points, 32 comments)
- Finally left my abusive boyfriend. Currently going through withdrawals at my Mother’s house feeling like I’m in another hell. (37 points, 32 comments)
- Drunken injuries really hurt (28 points, 37 comments)
- My mom brought out the big bad breathalyzer tonight. I’m screwed again (27 points, 11 comments)
- Was scammed by a trans escort and extorted for money. I blacked out and told my mom 😭😩 (18 points, 6 comments)
- 160 points, 6 submissions: Repulsive_Hawk963
- Still full of shit (35 points, 16 comments)
- AA. Y’all, I know (32 points, 12 comments)
- Hair mats (31 points, 30 comments)
- Just a little post. (26 points, 7 comments)
- It’s good for now. Tomorrow can wait. I’ll do it tomorrow. But probably not. (21 points, 12 comments)
- Don’t buy a cheap Amazon bed (15 points, 28 comments)
- 158 points, 5 submissions: Lasagnaalleternit
- My friend died. (45 points, 35 comments)
- There is no return. (43 points, 22 comments)
- Alcohol. A poem. (26 points, 14 comments)
- Evenings and nights terrify me. (23 points, 4 comments)
- Why is this (21 points, 12 comments)
- 157 points, 5 submissions: zero_hale
- The bottom (36 points, 20 comments)
- Well, life partner left me and today my best friend cut me off (33 points, 8 comments)
- Off to rehab (32 points, 11 comments)
- Having a very rough time losing my partner (30 points, 18 comments)
- Desperate and alone (26 points, 11 comments)
- 155 points, 5 submissions: asleepinapickle
- Y’ALL I GOT THE JOB!!! (48 points, 8 comments)
- Slamming a beer in the bathroom before my flight. (38 points, 23 comments)
- Finally lost my s/o over this (37 points, 13 comments)
- Would y’all be down to start a communal Spotify playlist? I can start it if so 😅 (18 points, 15 comments)
- Tapering and drinking for the future (14 points, 8 comments)
- 154 points, 2 submissions: tacohatdude
- Yearly empties clean-out. New high score! (115 points, 45 comments)
- 4 Days (39 points, 10 comments)
- 153 points, 3 submissions: Tidwell_32
- I miss reading Delicious_Mod's posts on the old sub. I created this account so I could still read the old sub and they wouldn't let me join. (109 points, 45 comments)
- Does anyone know if del is ok (28 points, 12 comments)
- Merry Christmas to everyone (16 points, 3 comments)
- 152 points, 5 submissions: Catevagreen
- So the liquor store guy let me not pay. (50 points, 24 comments)
- I just barfed allover my bed, my pyjamas and my folded clean cloths (36 points, 13 comments)
- I barfed up more corn chips today. (25 points, 12 comments)
- So, I thought I would update about how I get my meds work. (23 points, 4 comments)
- Is anyone else paranoid of the doctor? (18 points, 6 comments)
- 152 points, 1 submission: Particular-Art-5329
- gone. (152 points, 30 comments)
- 151 points, 6 submissions: Hyperionxvii
- Drinking Nightmare (49 points, 9 comments)
- Why can't even thing else do what alcohol does? (37 points, 27 comments)
- Is there ever a time? (19 points, 36 comments)
- The Pink Cloud (18 points, 8 comments)
- I want a beer! (15 points, 33 comments)
- Anyone else quit and then do this? (13 points, 28 comments)
- 150 points, 3 submissions: ca_exhibition
- Does everything just feel absolutely fucking impossible to you guys, too? (69 points, 39 comments)
- I'll kick it off (47 points, 19 comments)
- Life isn't amazing, but it's good enough for right now. (34 points, 9 comments)
- 143 points, 3 submissions: BandicootPlane163
- who tf closed down that other sub (57 points, 35 comments)
- i hate office culture so much. (47 points, 11 comments)
- Day 1 of a taper here. In absolute hell and just want someone to talk to. (39 points, 17 comments)
- 142 points, 4 submissions: SnooLemons5028
- greetings, CA stranger (74 points, 7 comments)
- back again, 20 Mins til my boss meeting (28 points, 11 comments)
- maybe I need some reassurance that I won't get fired... (23 points, 22 comments)
- I have 20 mins til a meeting with my boss, give me your secrets. (17 points, 30 comments)
- 142 points, 3 submissions: rockydennis
- Drinking has hellish repercussions but provides a couple hours of happiness. Being sober provides literally 0 dopamine or serotonin whatsoever. Fuck me (70 points, 18 comments)
- Losing hope (48 points, 21 comments)
- My fellow CA brothers and sisters, truly only you understand how to live in actual hell on earth (24 points, 7 comments)
- 141 points, 3 submissions: out_norm
- How did you hide your drinking? (82 points, 42 comments)
- Everyone around me knows I am a drunk (45 points, 8 comments)
- Sister cut off contact with me (14 points, 5 comments)
- Gordon_The_Gorrilla (4783 points, 1071 comments)
- HeadFullOfRegrets (2101 points, 365 comments)
- DrinkDrankDrunkn (2088 points, 526 comments)
- Mister_Iron1c (1519 points, 392 comments)
- Night_Hawk69420 (1244 points, 177 comments)
- ClassicTBCSucks93 (1208 points, 217 comments)
- Delicious_mod (1148 points, 153 comments)
- CrystalDetails (1109 points, 412 comments)
- Repulsive_Hawk963 (1026 points, 281 comments)
- 451IDGAF (897 points, 209 comments)
- Faketrees2223 (739 points, 196 comments)
- stoicgoat11 (705 points, 213 comments)
- Environmental-Share7 (672 points, 91 comments)
- _MusicNBeer_ (668 points, 113 comments)
- Southern-Composer582 (614 points, 81 comments)
- allmysecretsss (555 points, 149 comments)
- millygraceandfee (552 points, 89 comments)
- MILK_DUD_NIPPLES (534 points, 102 comments)
- Skruff90 (530 points, 68 comments)
- edotman (522 points, 90 comments)
- CryptographerOk1001 (508 points, 98 comments)
- Hyperionxvii (505 points, 181 comments)
- JulianImSorry (501 points, 104 comments)
- TheG2apist (464 points, 122 comments)
- jangttaeng (438 points, 99 comments)
- BeautifulCucumber (434 points, 65 comments)
- honeybiz (432 points, 82 comments)
- BadRat1984 (407 points, 139 comments)
- Brugthug (371 points, 129 comments)
- johnneye5 (361 points, 57 comments)
- Both-Intern4835 (360 points, 117 comments)
- Ambitious_Section_87 (360 points, 114 comments)
- kerouac666 (354 points, 47 comments)
- horse-shoes-street (347 points, 75 comments)
- Creative-Bar-4005 (338 points, 97 comments)
- Lamar_Scrodum (326 points, 43 comments)
- theoriginalmuppet (314 points, 83 comments)
- ca_exhibition (310 points, 87 comments)
- orientbambino (303 points, 37 comments)
- simmerdownno (285 points, 60 comments)
- knuckboy (279 points, 54 comments)
- panicmuffin (276 points, 43 comments)
- crkdopn (274 points, 43 comments)
- trying-hard2020 (266 points, 67 comments)
- KoreanNoodles77 (265 points, 41 comments)
- TrashBagSuitcase (265 points, 33 comments)
- AffectFit9738 (256 points, 73 comments)
- faxanaduu (255 points, 49 comments)
- Melodic_Preference60 (249 points, 68 comments)
- polkininj (249 points, 60 comments)
- Last Time, but can all You Fuckers just Upvote shit for the next few more days by Gordon_The_Gorrilla (332 points, 14 comments)
- Privating CA is selfish and thoughtless behavior by Certain-Salamander53 (234 points, 17 comments)
- My day as a 25F alcoholic. by wowrrz (233 points, 31 comments)
- Back to Zero by The_Drunken_Ronin (217 points, 42 comments)
- Saw a girl just like me. by sweetsweetsadsooory (167 points, 12 comments)
- It honestly breaks my heart, all the people washing up here who can't find CA. by Gordon_The_Gorrilla (165 points, 44 comments)
- Fuck me! Did this place top 70 users at one point tonight? by Gordon_The_Gorrilla (156 points, 25 comments)
- I woke up spooned by a homeless guy by deleted (152 points, 41 comments)
- gone. by Particular-Art-5329 (152 points, 30 comments)
- Grateful for this new sub by Marshmallow09er (122 points, 24 comments)
- 79 points: Delicious_mod's comment in Most embarrassing stories?
- 77 points: orientbambino's comment in How the fuck you guys never get sick
- 73 points: 451IDGAF's comment in I shit myself while puking this morning. Not a shart, full on shit
- 73 points: Gordon_The_Gorrilla's comment in It honestly breaks my heart, all the people washing up here who can't find CA.
- 71 points: dontneednoshotglass's comment in Those who have quit, what delusions did you have whilst in active alcoholism?
- 70 points: CryptographerOk1001's comment in Saw a girl just like me.
- 68 points: Gaoji-jiugui888's comment in drink vodka not beer
- 65 points: stoicgoat11's comment in fuck these gatekeeping assholes
- 64 points: kerouac666's comment in Privating CA is selfish and thoughtless behavior
- 63 points: dontneednoshotglass's comment in As you grew older and continued to drink what are some examples of alcohol affecting your day to day life, work, relationships and psychological health???????
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats
submitted by subreddit_stats
to subreddit_stats [link] [comments]
2023.02.15 03:44 OzBargainBot 4.50% p.a. for Advantage Saver Account on Balance from $100,000 to $750,000 @ Great Southern Bank
2023.02.15 02:45 OzBargainBot 4.50% P.a. for Advantage Saver Account for Balances from $100,000 to $750,000 @ Great Southern Bank
2023.02.15 02:44 OzBargainBot 4.65% p.a. Interest on Home Saver Account for Balances up to $100,000 (Deposit & Spend Requirements Apply) @ Great Southern Bank