Craigslist new york cars
r/Cars - For Car Enthusiasts
2008.03.20 20:49 r/Cars - For Car Enthusiasts
/Cars is the largest automotive enthusiast community on the Internet. We are Reddit's central hub for vehicle-related discussion including industry news, reviews, projects, videos, DIY guides, stories, and more.
2013.08.14 16:24 Cipher1087 When you want a bit of sport with your utility: /r/Subaruforester!
This is a place where all Forester owners can meet and discuss Forester news, mods, and general driving experiences whether its track, offroad or daily. All are welcome regardless!
2012.10.18 17:10 TheBossIsWatching For WRX Lovers
/WRX is a place for Subaru fanatics to show off their rides, discuss modifications, mechanical issues, industry news, and more. It is not a place to buy/sell/trade or spread negativity/hate.
2023.05.30 23:42 ComprehensiveWar3539 I have to get a new car: 2018 Honda Civic Lx or 2021 Sonata?
So I have been approved for a used car. I have narrowed it down to 2018 Honda Civic lx or 2021 sonata, both cars are sitting at around 37k mileage on them. The sonata has better technology but I care about overall life of the car. Is Honda a better choice for reliability? I checked the car reports neither car has been in an accident prior.
submitted by ComprehensiveWar3539
to Honda [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:41 Vegetable_Solid_6823 Help with my relationship please I don’t know what to do
Hello everyone, sorry for my bad English. Now I’m in times when I don’t know what to do. Here is my story me 23M and my girlfriend 19F having a 2 year relationship. We meet back to school 4 years ago and we were good friends. 2 years ago I invited her for date and things come out in good ways. First year was very great we never had any problems. First problem came when my brother found himself a girlfriend, later I found out she had conflict with her brother. She hated my brothers girlfriend because she can’t greet to her (to me same) and atc. but what can I do if she is stupid? I said it to my brother talk to her but it didn’t help. She is just stupid I can’t help her. Then she said she is using my brother, yes I talked to my brother about that but he have to find you. Then came the second problem, my girlfriend (it was not her fault) had problem with her sister. Who was the main problem? By my gf mother, me and my gf, because I’m using her (I don’t know how the hell), her mother also declared she (my gf) is ruining her life (with no reason, everytime before she said that, she will not go to her promotion, also she will move somewhere else from house and divorce because everyone is destroying her-and it was just one stupid problem). Then I had birthday and also was invated my brothers girlfriend, from that also problem came because from that reason my girlfriend didn’t wanted to came to my birthday and then it is also my fault. Then at november 2022 my father said shit thing to her 2 times, I discused it with my father do never say something to her like that. I talked about that also with her. My father agreed she was to our house 3 times and troubles didn’t came back with my father. At new year also problem came, she got into conflict with her mother with some little shit thing also about her sister, who was again the bad one? She (who didn’t do anything wrong) and me (who wasnt been there) so again shit thing were said by her mom that I just use her and I’m destoying her( my gf). But question is how the hell? 1,5 went by and we didn’t had normal conflict, I was messeging with her every day, every free time I had I was with her, we went out I paid, when she was ill I cared and was also with her, when she get into conflict with her mother and cried wiped away her tears, I never cheated or talked to other girl. So how the thing come out? Her mother messeged me to come help with my gf because she is crying hard, I just wondered me, The bad one? Who is “destroying” her. I love her more that anything I came that night but it hurt a lot. In january my gf starter to blame me, in her opinion because I planned that we could build house near my parents because we didn’t have to buy space, in summer she agreed now it was problem, I said okay we can think about something different so we can be happy, it was also problem that I wanted after school work in our shop and she wanted to move somewhere else from here, she said why I don’t want any other option, I said okay we can discuss out something. In end of February her mother get also in conflict now with her husband, she felt at night with car. I thought if she hates me some much maybe if I help her now, she will hopefully change, so I went with my gf to find her and we found her, she was greatful. I thought now thing will get right. I started to help to her sister with things so she also will stop hate me without reason. One day I went with her mother and she asked me why she don’t want to go to us (my gf). I said because she ( my gf) hate my brothers gf and my father and only my mom not. One week later my gf started to act strange. I found out she is writing with other male friends. To one of them she wrote how much I’m destroying her and that my family hate her because she said true about my brothers girlfriend(she didn’t said anything), I found it out when I was with her, it destroyed me I couldn’t say anything to her. Only thing was in my head, why me? When I’m giving her everything. Then about one week later she also get into conflict with her mother, because her mother claimed my mother is talking shits about her family. And how? because her friend is not talking that much to her so my gf mother for sure my mother said something shit about my girlfriends family. But no evidence, no examples what she said just claims. My gf mother started care about my gf (before everything was my gf fault in her life, she hated her) and started to talk shit about how bitch my mother is and how much my family want to destroy her family. I didn’t knew anything at that time about that. In April I had difficult times I was had lot of at university. I wrote just with my girlfriend everyday sometimes I was her, yes I was not too happy like before because I was extremely exhausted and tired from university. Then from that she got angry and said that I’m scum because of my family and I didn’t trust her because I first time I said I don’t believe my mother could say anything bad about her family because she always loved her. She said she need time I gave her I also was at her graduation and she invited me out, we also went out, messaged daily. One week ago she started me from no reason ignore. Next day I wrote if she want to get out she said we will discuss, at day nothing and next day also I said if she don’t want just say I’d don’t ignore me. Then she wrote I blame her for everything and she will ignore me. And here I’m. I’m destroyed mentally, I don’t know what to do I would like just to die. I love her so much I also had everything planned to move where she will be next year. What to do please help
submitted by Vegetable_Solid_6823
to RelationshipAdviceNow [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:41 EuropaBullion1867 [Wts] Mini Sale LMU Gold and Silver 🇫🇷🇬🇷
submitted by EuropaBullion1867
to Pmsforsale [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:41 EchoJobs Yieldstreet is hiring Junior Data Engineer USD 100k-130k New York, NY [SQL Python]
2023.05.30 23:40 EchoJobs New Relic is hiring Fellow Software Engineer - Data Scientist USD 230k-288k Atlanta, GA Dallas, TX Houston, TX New York, NY San Francisco, CA Seattle, WA US Miami, FL Minneapolis, MN Remote Charlotte, NC Portland, OR [Kubernetes Go TensorFlow PyTorch R Spark Java MySQL Machine Learning Kafka]
2023.05.30 23:39 KindaIndecisive Adding Apple CarPlay to 2016 Elantra GLS
We planned to buy a new car this year, but we just got an engine replacement in our 2016 Elantra under warranty, so figure we can drive it a few more years.
I’m looking to swap out the OEM screen (4.3” I think) to a display that has Apple CarPlay, but more importantly still allows the backup camera, and ideally USB/Steering whee controls.
Has anyone had any luck with this, could you point me in the right direction/ offer tips?
submitted by KindaIndecisive
to Hyundai [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:39 wantang2323 I NEED HELP AND ADVICE
| || |
NEED HELP AND ADVICE submitted by wantang2323 to AskMechanics [link] [comments]
I bought a 2008 Honda civic lx 1.8 liter 2 months ago. It has 112,000 mileage on it. The engine block is cracked and idk what to do. It’s a manufacture prob and all 8th gen Honda has it.Honda warranty ended years ago for these car. Im still paying insurance on the vehicle. Should I stop my insurance if the car is not on the road?Should I sell the car or should I buy a new engine and get it fixxed. I called jdm and they say there’s engine that cost 800. That’s a good price. But I don’t wanna buy the same year engine and the same prob occur. What is the highest year engine I can install in my car without having to worry about a cracked engine block wich are the 8th gen.
2023.05.30 23:39 Humble_Explorer_3594 Free month of Starry Wifi in several Major US Cities
Starry has been extremely hassle free with consistent high quality upload and download wifi speeds. Great customer service too. They service New York, Boston, LA, DC, Denver, and Columbus.
Referral code for a free month: https://starry.com/q2luu7
submitted by Humble_Explorer_3594
to referralcodes [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:38 falloeasy Been on a Hot streak for Straight bets. Lets get this bread 🥖
2023.05.30 23:37 TheWrldIsBlvk New Addition: Blank NYCFC Campeones Cup Final Shirt
2023.05.30 23:36 WagerTalk New York Yankees vs Seattle Mariners Predictions MLB Picks and Predictions for May 30
2023.05.30 23:36 SeatOdd2817 Orange Juice $$$$
| || |
I went to comment this on her post and knew it would be deleted but fr w the hermes hats & cutting her kid off from orange juice when they're out in the streets. submitted by SeatOdd2817 to NYCinfluencersnark [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:36 jules99b A History of Ice Dance, From the 1950s Until Now: A Long Form Series -- Part 1
Hello all! It’s the offseason and for some reason (probably cuz I'm insane but I feel that's implied at this point) I got inspired to write up a history of my favorite figure skating discipline: ice dance. This is a project of love. I don’t pretend to be an expert in all things but I like to think my time as an ice dance fan has given me a good amount of perspective and the ability to view the current state of ice dance within the context of what has come before and what has influenced the current state of affairs. All of that said, I’ve decided to highlight eras in ice dance, mostly by Olympic cycle, to bring attention to ice dancers who have had tremendous impact on the sport as well as to appreciate how far ice dance has come in its 70-year history. I’ll be posting this on Tuesdays and Saturdays (in ET) for everyone to read and take in at their own pace to pass the offseason by. Without further ado, here’s to starting this passion project.
Part 1: Early Beginnings, 1952-1980
I debated back and forth whether to separate these years out further given the sheer amount of time covered. However, the complete lack of footage for a vast swath of the World Championships that occurred from 1952 to 1970 was the ultimate decider in realizing that those years simply needed to be included in this grouping of years in order to be worth posting. This, of course, also colors my assessment of this era. But I hope to bring an objective view to the early beginnings of ice dance.
The first World Championships for ice dance were held in 1952 in Paris, an addition 44 years in the making. Nine pairs competed in front of 7 judges for the honor of becoming the first ever World Champion in ice dance, an honor that ultimately went to the British pair of Jean Westwood and Lawrence Demmy. It’s unclear what exactly was competed at that first Worlds. The placing system simply asked the judges where they felt a couple should place, added the numbers up, and posted the standings. For example, if all 7 judges placed a couple first, the pair would have 7 points. So it’s hard to tell if more than one program was ever performed.
Although footage for this first Worlds does not exist, we are lucky that footage from Westwood/Demmy’s 1954 win in Oslo was preserved to some extent. The first thing to strike a viewer about Westwood/Demmy
, beyond the fact that the music from the event was not captured, was the extended use of the Killian hold, an emphasis on synchronized leg movement and lines, as well as the slower and purposeful movement across the ice. This was early ice dance. The goal for couples in the 1950s and even 1960s was to translate ballroom of the time onto the ice as best as they could. On top of that, we see some early staples of the discipline, like close holds and synchronization, take root almost as soon as the sport could be judged.
The 1950s and 1960s featured a short period of British domination in ice dance, briefly interrupted by a 4 year span where the Czechoslovakian sibling pair of Eva Romanova and Pavel Roman
took home 4 titles. Watching this pair, it becomes clear how the sport changed in a short amount of time. Romanova/Roman keep in the spirit of Westwood/Demmy before them but now feature quick changes in hold and more speed than their predecessors. Or at the very least, this is the first recorded instance where this is captured accurately. And while the music is not captured here, given the change in the style of dance, it is likely that music and tempo changes were a requirement at this early stage. This is corroborated by the first ice dance program whose music was captured, the winning program from Diane TowleBernard Ford
in 1966. An interesting note in TowleFord’s program is the introduction of small lifts, spins, and Towler’s switching of positions over the ice, lying nearly flat on the ice at one point. The program features 3 music changes.
You may now be wondering how a discipline so intrinsically linked to the Soviet Union and Russia can have been left out of this write up for this long. Well, you don’t have to wait any longer. The reign of British dance came to a screeching halt in the 1969-1970 season, when an Elena Tchaikovskaya coached team of Lyudmila Pakhomova and Alexander Gorshkov earned their first world title at the 1970 Worlds. The 1969 World Silver medalists became the first in a long line of Soviet dancers to stand on the top spot. Pakhomova/Gorshkov
were primarily known for their more dramatic style. As seen prior, ice dance had been steadily becoming more athletic over the years, increasing in speed and difficulty as the years went on. Pakhomova/Gorshkov were among the 2 pairs (alongside America’s Judy SchwomeyeJames Sladky) who really emphasized the athleticism that the event could contain. On top of that, Pakhomova/Gorshkov often picked music that was dynamic and allowed Pakhomova to shine as a performer. Their style is especially apparent in the compulsory they originated, the Tango Romantica, where the dramaticism of the tango is just as important as the tango movements. This was the early stages of ice dance becoming not just a transition of ballroom onto the ice but also a performance in and of itself. SchwomeyeSladky
meanwhile were a tad more traditional, adhering more closely to the origins of the sport and its roots to dance. The inventors of the Yankee Polka themselves (now I am conflicted on how I feel about them haha) featured numerous music and tempo changes in their program to cover multiple forms of dance in a short amount of time. Controversy started early in ice dance’s history, as many felt Gorshkov wasn’t as strong a skater as Pakhomova and the American pair of SchwomeyeSladky should have won in 1970. Alas, figure skating judging seems destined to generate controversy. Worth noting here, the first compulsory dance that has a record of being competed was in 1968, which makes Pakhomova/Gorshkov and SchwomeyeSladky among the first to medal with the new required dance. Also worth noting, the 70s saw a lot more variety in holds, with closed holds being the predominant hold but side by side hand holding also featured in programs along with parallel skating.
It's around this time that SchwomeyeSladky began to advocate for the inclusion of ice dance into the Olympics. In a New York Times article from 1972, Judy Schwomeyer was quoted as saying that ice dance was a different kind of sport that used different muscles but the athletes worked just as hard. The pair had skated on Olympic ice when ice dance was presented as a demonstration sport in 1968, with the IOC president in attendance to evaluate the validity of the sport for Olympic competition. They must have made a decent impression, as the IOC approved ice dance as an Olympic sport to be competed in 1976. Although SchowmeyeSladky didn’t make it to compete on the Olympic rings, their demonstration of the sport’s potential for the Olympic audience was hugely influential to the subsequent inclusion in the Olympics.
The 1976 Olympics marked the first time that ice dance would be viewed by the general public and the forerunners were Pakhomova/Gorshkov, who had won 4 world titles by this time, after not attending the 1975 Worlds. This didn’t stop them from standing on top of the Olympic podium for the first time in Olympic history. Their free dance
featured numerous dance style, music, and tempo changes. These dance styles included blues/jazz and tango among others, with an emphasis on big movements that drew attention rather than necessarily strictly translating ballroom to ice. Rather, the “vibe” of the dance, so to speak, was of more import to Pakhomova/Gorshkov than performing movements that were reminiscent of ballroom choreography.
Although Pakhomova/Gorshkov were synonymous with 1970s ice dance at this point, it was the 1976 Olympic silver medalists coached by Tatiana Tarasova who appeared to have more of an impact on the dancers that came after them. Irina Moiseeva and Andrei Minenkov won the 1975 World title in Pakhomova/Gorshkov’s absence and swiftly won the 1977 World title after the Olympic champions’ retirement. Moiseeva/Minenkov
were a striking pair and I feel like their programs were some of the first where really interesting stuff was happening choreographically. If Pakhomova/Gorskov emphasized the dramatic, Moiseeva/Minenkov cranked that up to an 11. If there was a time to point to when modern dance started seeping into ice dance, this is likely the pair to point to. Still under the rules of the time requiring multiple music and tempo changes, Moiseeva/Minenkov often opted for holding positions across the ice or repeating positions across the ice. Their balletic quality was in sharp contrast to the couple who had just retired as well as the other couples who had dominated in the same time. Where previous couples emphasized sharp movements, Moiseeva/Minenkov emphasized soft transitions. The style was interesting and exciting, but ultimately only won them 2 titles by the time they retired in 1982.
Instead of the aforementioned pair, it was a young Natalia Linichuk/Gennadi Karponosov, coached by Tchaikovskaya, who quickly rose up the ranks to claim 2 World titles and the 1980 Olympic title. Linichuk/Karponosov
are who I like to affectionately name the most forgettable Olympic gold medalists in ice dance. Unsurprisingly given the shared coach, their style was similar to Pakhomova/Gorshkov’s, with the emphasis being on sharp, strong movements on ice and the required music changes being used to really draw attention to this (including…what I can only describe as rodeo music).
This era ultimately ended with a slight preview of what was to come. Krisztina Regoczy/Andras Sallay
were the Olympic silver medalists in 1980 and decided to end their career at that year’s Worlds. The team coached by Betty Callaway had an inspired free dance, that incorporated music that was similar across the board with different speeds instead of drastically different music like their Soviet competitors. The stops necessitated by the switch in music were incorporated into the choreography to make the free dance more seamless. And while these are things we take for granted now, watching this program compared with the offering from Linichuk/Karponosov really draws these things into sharp focus as innovative for the time.
As if to emphasize a swift changing of the guard, as Regoczy/Sallay walked off the ice at the 1980 Worlds, ready to accept their sole World title and the first non-Soviet World title since 1969, a fellow student of Betty Callaway waited rinkside to congratulate Regoczy on a job well done. Her name? Jayne Torvill.
submitted by jules99b
to FigureSkating [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:36 O_pv Some small things PD could change that would improve a lot my gaming experience. (And maybe yours too)
We all know that GT7 is not a perfect game, it has its problems that we always complain about, like rigged roulette tickets and lack of races with good payouts. However, what annoys me most about the game is not even the big fishes, but little things that could be easily solved with a few changes in the interface during races or even in the menu, and I would like to share with you to see if you have the same issues.
This is a pretty common complaint I've seen around here. The fact that there is no way to cancel a wrong choice at pit stops has bothered a lot of people. Particularly I never suffered from this, but it's something that also makes me uncomfortable, mainly because it's something very simple to be solved, like simply putting a cancel button.
Creating liveries is still one of the things that I enjoy the most in the game, it's very intuitive and although I'm still quite inexperienced with it, I can already create several designs that I'm proud of.
However, the lack of some tools annoys me a little, like not having undo/redo buttons to use if I made a mistake, and also an eyedropper tool, so I can get the exact color from a logo, for example. Damn, even Paint has these tools, why not add to GT7?
Organize your garage
I don't know if you like to keep your garage organized, but for me it's almost essential. Something that would be very simple to add would be the possibility of adding "tabs" to organize your cars and help you find them quicker.
For example, I have a number of cars that are Fast and Furious replicas, others that are Initial D replicas, some JDM cars, some famous movie cars... And sometimes to find them among more than 300 is really a dull A simple option to be able to put them in these folders besides only add them to the favorites tab would help a lot.
Creating custom races can sometimes be a good thing when you want something different from the same WTC700, WTC800 races, with the same cars and the same fucking Miazono's, Beauvois', Hizal's... So why not add the option to create your own championship too?
As a FIFA player, I'm already used to seeing this kind of tools in games, and for me this is missing in GT7. I would like to create a mini Formula 1 Championship, or maybe a SuperGT championship, something more complex and longer than just a single race.
"You can join an online league." Yes I Can. But I'm not the biggest fan of online racing, for several reasons. I still prefer to play offline, and for those who are like me, I believe this type of option is also needed.
Using different liveries for the same car
Speaking of custom races, a nice change would be to add the option to use different liveries for the same car when you pick it up straight from your garage.
For example, if I wanted to create a formula 1 race, I would have to use 10 liveries from 10 different racing teams. If I wanted to be more precise, I would have to do 20 different liveries, to add the driver number as well. Which would imply that I would have to buy 10 or 20 Super Formula cars, spending 10 or 20 million.
Instead, I could just buy a single SF car and create 20 liveries for the same car, then choose which livery each car will have at grid time.
I know that many people try to do something similar by creating custom races, and have to buy the same car a hundred times. So it would be really nice if they added that option.
Increase the amount of collector levels
Simply 50 levels is pretty easy to beat. I must have hit that mark before I even got 100 cars in the garage. Now over 300, this feature has become useless. So why not add 200+ levels? or at least put the maximum according to the amount of points you would have if you bought all the cars in the game? It would be something much more interesting and would reward the player more committed to having all the cars in the game.
Daily marathon shouldn't be... daily.
We know the real reason for the daily marathon: to encourage the player to play the game every day. The point is that because the Roulette Ticker is rigged, this is quite demotivating. Who will want to run every day to earn the same 5,000 Cr.?
If changing the roulette system is out of the question, the best thing would be for the feature to stop being daily and could be cumulative. For every 42.195 km run, the player would win a new roulette ticket, being able to win more than one per day.
This would encourage the player to run more races per day, as well as compensate the player who does not have time to play every day, only on weekends.
So what do you think? Do you think my suggestions are valid? Please let me know.
submitted by O_pv
to granturismo [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:35 wantang2323 NEED HELP AND ADVICE
| || |
I bought a 2008 Honda civic lx 1.8 liter 2 months ago. It has 112,000 mileage on it. The engine block is cracked and idk what to do. It’s a manufacture prob and all 8th gen Honda has it.Honda warranty ended years ago for these car. Im still paying insurance on the vehicle. Should I stop my insurance if the car is not on the road?Should I sell the car or should I buy a new engine and get it fixxed. I called jdm and they say there’s engine that cost 800. That’s a good price. But I don’t wanna buy the same year engine and the same prob occur. What is the highest year engine I can install in my car without having to worry about a cracked engine block wich are the 8th gen. submitted by wantang2323 to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:35 General_Ad_6675 Super stressed and tired.
Hi internet moms, my name is Rose, and I just need a little bit of love from you all this week. This week has been one of my life's most grueling, challenging, and difficult weeks. I am currently dealing with three situations: 1. Moving out of my current apartment: I was renting out an apartment with two roommates that I absolutely did not like. I had to ask them when to shower, ask them when to bring friends over, and I was only able to bring my partner over. They did not do the same for me. I thought they were going to take me to small claims court to get their rent for next month as I did not get a 30 days notice. They did not offer me any changes to their behavior, but luckily I found someone to take over my portion of the rent, who is very nice. However, I did tell her that one downside of the apartment was that I did not like my roommates, and now I am worried that they are talking about me behind my back and influencing a negative opinion of me on my sublease. 2. Moving into a new apartment: On top of high rent, the person I am attempting to rent (sublease) a studio from charged me alot for furniture. He disclosed to me that parking is pretty cheap a month for the area we lived in and that utilities were included. After I paid off the first month completely, he then told me that the internet was not included and asked me what to do. When I told him that I wish he were transparent with me about bills before I paid, he simply told me the name of the company rather than apologizing or offering any solutions. On top of that, the studio has a bunch of hair on the furniture, mold on the bathroom, though its still a nice place, but it will take a bit to convert it into a habitable living situation. My boyfriend who I am moving in with has not been the most helpful with helping me with these communications. 2a. The apartment manager at the studio got mad at me for negotiating the rent with him this week. The rent for two people is a lot higher than it is for one and I wanted to haggle it down. He simply said, I have a guest over right now, I don't want to negotiate. Let's talk Tuesday or Wednesday, thanks. And he hung up. That made me feel incredibly worthless. Additionally, he told the person I am attempting to rent from now that he is getting a good deal "I'm making a lot of money off of two people... not bad," the exact text he gave to the current person living there, which made me feel pretty icky. People only see me as money bags and nothing else. 3. Yesterday as I was finishing up moving from current apartment to studio, I drove home and a cop gave me a speeding ticket. I didn't know I was getting pulled over so he was really rude to me. When he pulled me over he said, "man that was really tough for you huh?" I told him it was my first time getting pulled over. I was driving my sister's car and her insurance was expired when I gave it to him. He took off 10 miles (I was going 85 but he put 75+ on the ticket) and when he got back after 8 minutes, I was really nervous so I started crying. He told me, "I don't want you being emotional while you drive so you can stay pulled over." He said it in a way that was incredibly demeaning and I was really upset by it. Now, I am waiting in agony for the ticket to arrive in the mail. The silver lining: 1. I'm extremely poor and California is nice about ticket fees. 2. I managed to find a subleaser for my current apartment. 3. The studio is nice and I wouldn't need to avoid my roommates like last year because I hated seeing them. 4. I can get a reduction on my internet price because I'm poor. Thank you for reading through this, I am such a mess right now.
submitted by General_Ad_6675
to TrueOffMyChest [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:35 Mick7339 24 [M4F] USA/New York - Actual relationship? ⭐️
Looking for people to talk to and would really like to see if we can make an actual connection.
I always love to workout, play video games, watch sports, or hang with friends. I love to get to know people and learn about them. I just finished my master’s degree, giving me a lot more free time. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. I love traveling, but haven’t done so in a while!
I live alone and aside from work, I don't have that much to do at night and would love to talk to new people. I’m a pretty open person and enjoy like-minded individuals.
Here is a picture of me https://imgur.com/gallery/pKJVvzP
I would want to see a picture of you as well. I am 5’8, but I do not care how tall you are.
I’ll likely be up for the next few hours! I prefer someone who's nearby or in the US! Looking forward to chatting!
submitted by Mick7339
to r4r [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:34 Dsg1695 How should I handle recent family drama?
This past weekend, my mom’s bf was acting like an ignorant dick & I wasn’t having it. He was being very reactive & acting ghetto, I was beyond irked I put my foot down. He’s been on good behavior for the past few yrs , is “reformed” & thought this behavior was a thing of the past. We all went out for bfast Sunday & had a bad experience at a diner so we left after no service after being seated for a while. We all get back in the car & everyone is throwing out their preferences & I had to be the bigger person saying everyone has to come to an agreement. He cursed under his breath, I said there’s no fucking need to act up, it’s just breakfast for crying out loud, the vibe is off & I’m not having it right now.
My mom picks somewhere hastily & we settle there, I sat at the far end of the table & didn’t talk for the whole time bc he pissed me off really bad. My mom right when we’re getting ready to leave asks if I’m ok bc I seem grumpy. I roll my eyes & and am like are you freaking joking right now I’m not the one that’s been acting up this whole time I’m simply reacting & you’re asking the wrong person. She takes a breath, says something about being positive & her bf says “exactly”. I couldn’t believe it, when we leave I storm off to the car, when we get home she & her bf spend the rest of the day out on the porch talking. In between that time she asks if I’m okay, I get defensive again & bring up his shitty behavior. Then maybe after an hr she comes back, says that she finally gets why I reacted the way I did & apparently she & him talked about it while they were out there.
She & I weren’t talking for a few months before, saying she really doesn’t want again & worries that’ll be the case bc of this new friction in the house now. Since Sunday she hasn’t really talked to me(we all live together), she said hi yesterday, I replied kind of dryly & left it at that. This morning, I walk by & normally she’d say good morning but doesn’t talk to me. I only confronted her with internet issues & she writes me a check for money she borrowed. I don’t get why I’m the one that is not being communicated with while her bf is the issue & they’re talking like nothing ever happened.
submitted by Dsg1695
to Justnofil [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:34 BlackShadow2804 Pretty pissed with Microsoft right now
| || |
Long story short I learned that the new gen consoles don't do 3D Blu-Ray, so I had to break out my old One X in order to watch Avatar 3D (hints both consoles). So that's pretty annoying, and while setting up the old Xbox again I realized the new one only has HDMI-CEC where as the old one let's you program it to control devices based off remote code. submitted by BlackShadow2804 to xboxone [link] [comments]
So my old Xbox both plays 3D movies and it works with my older Bose receiver because I can manually set that up. The Series X is kinda looking like an expensive car; lots of power and looks great, but you can't use it
I'm eventually gonna do the SSD upgrade on the One X and if that brings it near the speeds of the Series I may just go back to my old console... Unless Microsoft updates it to fix those things
2023.05.30 23:34 jhk84 First time playing. Going in blind. Just beat the 4th Palace here is wave 4 of my way off predictions.
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
I actually wrote up a post right after the 4th palace. Then I played a bit and they dropped so much more info that I had to toss it. Tomorrow is the trip to Hawaii so I thought this was a good point to stop and make another round of predictions.
The 4th palace is my favorite so far. There was so much symbolism to look into and I really liked the whole cursed gem bit. The end boss was a little annoying.
Things are really picking up pace. I had so many questions that were answered like 20 min later. They're really starting reveal some important details.
This is what I have as of now. In addition to my way off predictions there are also a few bits of info I'm that I'm not sure how they fit yet and some general impressions. I tried to keep it short (I failed).
Please no spoilers for any of the Persona games. This is my first and I plan on picking up 3/4.
After Palace 1 predictions : https://www.reddit.com/Persona5/comments/13odesi/first_time_playing_going_in_blind_my_horribly/
After Palace 2 prediction : https://www.reddit.com/Persona5/comments/13q3q9j/first_time_playing_going_in_blind_just_beat_the/
After Palace 3 predictions: https://www.reddit.com/Persona5/comments/13sl0vp/first_time_playing_going_in_blind_just_beat_the/
Futaba/Alibaba and somehow Morgana
---tinfoil hat time---
- The squid girl from the movie finally gets a name.
- Futaba's mom is the curry lady (Wakaba)!
- the phone call Sojiro had about a printer not being the right one makes soooo much sense now. I knew he was taking care of someone but I thought it was an old lady. Honestly thought there were going for a cheap laugh were she kept on printing out pictures of snowball or something.
- translated some of the binary on the walls of her palace into ASCII looking for a secret message but they were just the same odd symbols that were on the doors and such.
- Futaba picked Alibaba as her hacker alias. before we get to see the whole Egypt / pyramid theme of her palace it seemed like a really odd choice.
- It could be just a cool name that the writers picked but "Chekhov's gun" states that every element introduced in a story should be necessary to the plot. If the gun isn't going to be fired then the audience doesn't need to see it being loaded - or something like that.
- It got me thinking and for sure I remembered the name Alibaba but had forgotten the details of the story. I did a quick search and was able to find the story pretty easily.
- Short version : Alibaba was a dude who stole a bunch of riches from some thieves. Alibaba is living the good life when the thieves track him down and make plans to kill him. The plans are stopped by Alibaba's slave who kills the thieves.
- Alibaba's slave was named .... wait for it .... Morgiana! Mind effing blown! That's way too similar to Morgana not to be important.
- Morgiana was female. Early in the game Ann ask Morgana if it's a boy or a girl. It says of course it's a boy, but it also says that it is human.Morgana might be the Male version of Morgiana but this throws it's gender into question too. It's not like anyone had checked between it's legs as far as I can tell. (also where does it do it's business I haven't seen a litter box).
- Add to this the "birth" flashback that Morgana had
- Morgana is an unwilling servant (aka a slave) to the big bad which is trapped in the deepest part of mementos
- The big bad was able to squeeze through the crack in his prison just enough to deposit a small amount of it's power in the metaverse this power took the form of Morgana.
- The Morgana in the dream had yellow eyes. still going with yellow eyes = metaverse native.
- He was programmed to want to find the deepest part of Mementos at all cost so he could free the big bad.
- His attraction to human desires was not intentional. He got sidetracked from his mission and got caught by Kamoshida.
- Meeting joker was a stroke of luck.
- He keeps telling us that he's using us for his own goals and that he just needs pawns.
- We're made to think that this is just a defensive move to avoid talking about his real feelings but I see a perfect opportunity for a "I told you I was just using you all" scene after the big bad flips some switch later on.
- Most of Morgana's battle functions are getting replaced by other members. Makoto and Futba are both doing the combat calls now. Morgana will leave the party soon.
- Something will happen to Morgana that will flip his switch while the PT are in Hawaii
- Morgiana killed the thieves.... The big bad will take control of Morgana at one point and we will have to fight shadow Morgana or something to get the cat back.
- Was almost thinking Morgana could be the one who betrays us but no one can understand him and even Akechi would have trouble selling the whole "my informant is a cat" thing to Sae.
- A big problem with Kasumi is we know shes going to be a badass by the time the casino heist comes around but right now she's the complete opposite of the person who saves Joker. This isn't like Makoto who is a bad ass and was just holding back. Kasumi is 100% a wet noodle right now.
- Add to that the my weak self relied on you so much line and there is little doubt she has a split personality disorder of some sort.
- They also dropped a major clue for Kasumi after the 3rd palace. She had a sister who died.
- My fist thought was she never had a sister and just had two distinct personalities that were separate but equal to each other. Each would take control at different points and her mind created a fake sister to explain any inconsistencies with her memories. At some point one of her personalities (the sister) was repressed.
- The problem with this is her interactions with joker she doesn't seem like a totally different person just more sure of herself. like her week self is the Kasumi we know now and her complete self is the one we fight with.
- She could have really had a sister and the trauma of the loss sent her into a downward spiral of depression. So *someone* did something to her to repress the negative emotions.
- Her gymnastic slump is important. what ever was done to her was the cause of her slump. Shes missing something of herself which is why she says that her body doesn't move the way she wants it to.
- Current theory is some part of her is locked away. It's not separate, but a piece of the whole person that we fight along side with at the casino. At some point between now and then her two halves will join.
- This brings up the question of what's up with her dad? Unless your some sort bad person wouldn't you notice such a drastic change in your kid?
- Either dad works for the government and was ok experimenting on Kasumi or he somehow thinks whatever was done to her was for the best . Like her current state is better than what was before so this is the cure.
- explains why she transferred schools. He dad claims to work at a TV station (could be a cover). It's not like he would have to move for a new job. If she had a major personality change then her old classmates and teachers would notice. this would cause Kasumi to question her reality which could cause it to fail. moving to a new school removes this issue.
- This would have to go above standard therapy. Either hypnosis or cognitive psience.
- something is going to happen to her dad. we got the glasses shopping scene to show us how close they are. This will be her motivation for going into the metaverse.
- when her persona awakens the mental barrier will be taken down.
- She only has a 5 star confidant rank. It's not like Maruki who still has his card symbol but won't advance till the story does.
- The other 5 starts will be with her "other" personality. After whatever was done to her is undone she's going to be a mess and will turn to Joker.
- something will happen to her while we are in Hawaii. Only reason for her to let us know she was leaving the country of a bit. she might not actually be leaving the country and just be having more mental work done on her.
- He want's to legit help people.
- Thinks that traditional therapy is not effective enough. Want to develop a medicine or medical procedure to actually fix people's negative emotions.
- with the introduction of cognative psience we now know the method that he's going to use to attempt this. (could be he already did a test run or two).
- Although his intentions are good things are going to wrong very very wrong.
- After the 2nd exams he talks to joker about not meeting peoples expectations. This comes right after some girls were gossiping about Kasumi in the halls.
- Total misdirection. Since the phantom thieves are making all sorts of waves, the Agency is putting pressure on him to complete his research. This will lead to mistakes being made.
- Eventually his logic will change to "It's better to feel nothing than to feel pain" - this will be his I still think I'm a good guy logic.
- Unless he is also a persona user then were going to visit his palace.
- The first time Joker goes to see Maruki he runs into Kasumi and she tells Joker that she has been seeing Maruki for some time.
- Add to that the line Sae's Boss says on 6/23 "This incident happened at the school you're supposed to be presiding over..." and we have a clear connection from Sae's Boss to the principle at Joker's school.
- He also seemed to be bothered that the Kamoshisa change of heart happened at Shujin like he was aware that something special was going on there.
- This set off all the alarms. The new girl who happens to be a badass persona user transfers to the school and a month later her doctor gets assigned to the very same school. He was hired by the principal who just happens to work for Sae's boss. Sae's boss knows of the metaverse and so does Maruki.
- Maruki was assigned to Kasumi's school to keep tabs on her and make sure whatever he did to her stuck. The Kamoshida incident was just the excuse they needed to bring him in.
- He either developed cognitive psience on his own or was giving Wakaba's research by the Agency.
Twins / Butterfly Lady
- he has to be the one who betrays the group.
- Keeps putting idea's in Sae's head
- At some point Sae will catch on that Akechi is messing with her.
- working with Shido but not for him. Has his own goals or works for the big bad.
- says he has to catch the PT "for the sake of my justice" combine that with the arcade scene where he ask joker what kind of justice he believes in and Akechi is def bad. He's not after "justice" but "my justice" which sounds a lot like revenge. Has something to do with his father. If the PT crew keep operating they're going to ruin his chance for revenge.
- He will frame the PT by sending a fake calling card and then killing that persons shadow.
- The number of new confidants that unlock after the 3rd palace was a bit overwhelming but It did give me plenty of chances to watch the new confidant unlock scenes. It got me thinking about what it actually says. Just picked the fortune confidant for this but any would have worked.
- I am thou, thou art I - we are one and the same
- thou hast acquired a new vow. - you just unlocked a new confidant. to quote Jose "Good Job!"
- It shall become the wings of rebellion that breaketh thy chains of captivity. - butterflies have wings also still talking about Joker "thy chains of captivity". We are like a caterpillar and when we obtain out true power we will become a butterfly (not literally). the chains could be a the cocoon that the butterfly breaks out of.
- With the birth of the Fortune Persona I have obtained the winds of blessing that - creatures with wings (like a butterfly) ride the wind. Is now referring to herself in this line "I have obtained..."
- shall lead to freedom and new power..." - It's over 9000!
- The butterfly lady is our persona or at the very least out power levels are connected.
- Part of the butterfly lady's power is sealed in joker. Was not intentional but will be the key to rejoining the twins.
- When there is a fusion alarm the twins do this adorable back stretch where one kicks her legs. They then do this weird like side stretch that looks like the fusion dance from Dragon Ball Z.
- Not working for the thing that made Morgana.
- Morgana had no knowledge of the skill cards and his mind exploded when joker captured the pixie.
- Even though he's not bad he's still not good.
- Has some cosmic role to fill. His job is to prepare for the final battle. He doesn't care who wins just as long as the fight occurs.
- Gave Akechi the metaverse nav but Akechi betrayed him and went rogue which is why he went looking for a new recruit. He took on the twins after so the same mistakes wouldn't be make with joker.
- Says joker will fight someone with powers very similar to his (jokers) own. Akechi has the wildcard too?
Sae's Boss / Shido
- For the record Joker defended him and never once thought he was abusing Futaba.
- Met Wakaba when he worked for the government.
- Feels guilty that he didn't do anything when she said she was going to die. Was he in a position to do so? What did he do for the government?
- After Wakaba was killed he suspected his own government were behind it and left in disgust.
- Sojiro is just awesome. He would take a bullet for any of Joker's friends and die happy knowing he saved someones life.
- He will be the getaway driver after the PT crew breaks joker out. He's the only person we know with a car.
- They refer to it as the metaverse and not the cognitive world. could be the writers just didn't want to add a new term without context or they gained they're knowledge of the metaverse from an "other worldly" being.
Opening Casino Heist
- Is in the opening movie both the heist scene and the smash the city part. Will be joining up.
- Ran in to her in the hall at the star of the game she was labeled as a senior
- Riding in a limo. daddy is loaded.
- At the park cleanup she asked Mishima for the bottle cap so they can be used for medicine. She is seen watering flowers at the school also. What we should take away from this is she's a really good person. We need to know see that she's super duper good because her dad is bad like really bad.
- daddy's money is dirty money and she knows it or at least suspects.
- We will change daddy's heart and make him admit his evil ways.
- Her dad is the Shido.
- We don't know when she's going to join up or if the casino heist is her first. Stealing her dad's heart will prob be her first mission so the fact that shes on the comm at the start of the game isn't too much of a problem with her dad being Shido.
- on 7/29 Morgana says "But it's true that an observant criminal could have a true to reality city in their Palace."
- The opening casino heist wasn't in the real world but was Shido's palace. His palace just included a 1:1 of the city in it. He also says in the scene at the start of the game where joker has a flashback that he owns the cops. Would make sense that the shadows in his cognition would take the form of the police and security guards. The 2nd palace had two types of shadows (male and female) and the 3rd/4th had people/dogs. Multiple types of shadows is not unheard of
- Also looks like we did manage to steal his treasure but not sure if they were able to get it out.
- We don't actually see joker get taken in by the cops. It's possible that the traitor grabbed us after the shadow cops took us down and turned us in to the real world cops. Doesn't mean the world's can't be merging but my reasoning for it is off.
- One thing that bothers me is when they ask if everyone remembers where they have to meet up. Why was joker separate from the rest of the PT? The PT all leave the metaverse together so far. Could just mean where they're going to meet up near the exit (if there is an exit with the palace being the whole city). Hoping for more clues to clarify this.
- not going to betray us. he almost fell to the dark side and I haven't seen the conclusion of his story but seems like he's going to an issue.
Best Girl current rankings
- Nothing is set yet no decisions have been made just the current rankings.
Best Bro current rankings.
- Makoto - the scene where the lights go out and she grabs jokers leg just made her more endearing. Her driving skills saved the crew after Palace 4. Could beat Kamoshisa in 1v1 volley ball.
- Futba - who doesn't like a quirky redhead. Her being Boss's adopted daughter could be a good thing as he seems to like Joker at this point in the story so he wouldn't have to give him the whole "let me show you my gun collection" talk. Although I'm thinking shes more like the quirky best friend type then best girl material (so sorry Fatuba Fans plesedonthateme)
- Dr.Death - shes a doctor who really cares about her work. Cares more about helping the little girl then getting the credit for it. She basicly broke down when she thought the girl was dead. Also SP Adhesives are amazing.
- Kasami - 100% little sister vibe while Futaba has potential to move up in rank Kasami is stuck in the sister zone. Who knows maybe her "sister" is more interesting.
- Fortune teller- Still a nice person despite the way she was treated. A but gullible though. I could see her sending all of Joker's savings to a Nigerian prince.
- Chess Girl (I know it's not chess) - mid tier maybe she well get more interesting.
- Ann - Not even in the running really because She's going to end up with Ryuji. If Ryuji wasn't around I would say shes not the bightest bulb in the pack. shes not dumb and seems to at least have passed her exams but we have honor student Makoto and super genius Futaba to compare her to. She is empathetic and has a high emotional intelligence. No way shes going to make it as an Actress with her (lack of) skills I cringe every time she tries. She would make a great councilor though with how she relates to people and to seems to be able to get along with everyone. She could also make it in professional sports with how high she was able to throw Mona after the 4th palace.
- Kawakami - Yes she's ranked lower than someone who is not even in the running. First off she lied about her sister WTF! She just seems like a mess. Her clothes don't fit and her hair is never brushed. She is stuck in "the help" tier. Keep her around for laundry and coffee.
Best Kitty current rankings.
- Ryuji - dude is our bro 100% He's the bad influence with a heart of gold and will stick with Joker to the end. He's the Ron Weasley to Joker's Harry Potter. He would be the most fun to go drinking with.
- Yusuke - you will only ever be his 2nd best friend. His true loyalty lies with art. If Joker was hanging off the side of a cliff and Yusuke had to make the decision to save Joker or paint the perfect sunset it would be a real nail biter to see what he decides.
- Mishima- Once he gets over himself he's going to be fine. He's like a more wimpy less fun Ryuji.
- Akechi - he's too full of himself. He always like "ugh I'm just sooooo popular I can't do the little people things like you do" Hanging out with him you would only ever be "Akechi's friend". His sweater vest is dumb.
- Snowball - he didn't deserve to go out like that.
- Morgana - is a spy and slave of the big bad. Also needs stop hitting on Ryuji's girl.
submitted by jhk84
to Persona5 [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:34 fiesinator How do I recognize bad/ non functioning solder
I just got a new car and the center display thats connected to the radio isnt working properly. I did some research and its apparently a factory error that part of the circuitry in these displays is soldered badly. A quick fix would be to resolder these connectors. I have never soldered before and wont even try to attempt soldering this since it would be a far too expensive mistake. But before I look for someone more experienced to do this solder for me Id like to be sure I got the right diagnosis. Can I see from the outside wether the solder isnt working apart from an obvious non-connection?
submitted by fiesinator
to soldering [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 23:34 TheBostonBean Was I in the wrong?
Hey guys, I’m new to this sub but I just wanted an opinion.
So today I was driving down the road and I was coming up on an intersection. There was a cop behind me with his lights and sirens on. I was in the left lane and there were already cars stopped in the right. The cop got up right behind me and made some pretty rude hand gestures because I had stopped at the light (the light was green) so that he could go around me in the turn lane to my left as there was no one there.
The cop got up right behind me really close and wasn’t moving. I honestly didn’t even know what to do. I just started driving again and then pulled over to the right where there were no cars stopped. The cop ended up speeding past me and flipped me off as he passed.
The only reason I stopped in the lane I was in was because I wanted to avoid a collision with another car by trying to merge into the right lane where cars were already stopped. And I didn’t go into the turn lane because he could have easily gone into that lane and went through the intersection without a problem.
I’m just wondering if I was in the wrong and I figured this would be a good sub to come to.
submitted by TheBostonBean
to CopsBeingBastards [link] [comments]