2008.12.11 01:55 Memphis
The Reddit community of Memphis, TN.
2008.11.04 19:15 NBA
A subreddit dedicated to NBA news and discussion.
2022.05.20 20:09 Ill_Reading6994 Novel Search- Title: "Mr. Tell Me Anything" by Sherra Wright
I am in search for this book it has been sold out everywhere
Help me find this book!
submitted by Ill_Reading6994
to u/Ill_Reading6994 [link] [comments]
2022.05.12 11:22 blogs_bunny Board member votes against parole for Sherra Wright
submitted by blogs_bunny to blogsbunny [link] [comments]
2022.05.12 01:47 AutoNewspaperAdmin [World] - Board member votes against parole for Sherra Wright Toronto Star
2022.05.12 01:24 AutoNewsAdmin [World] - Board member votes against parole for Sherra Wright
2022.05.10 08:15 Biographymask Sherra Wright - Biography Mask
2022.03.14 08:25 blu3dice [TN v Billy Ray Turner] NBA Player Murder Trial
The trial for the man accused of killing former NBA player Lorenzen Wright is set to begin Monday, March 14, more than a decade after the murder.
Billy Ray Turner says he is innocent. Turner and Wright’s ex-wife, Sherra Wright, were arrested and charged with Wright’s murder in 2017, seven years after the crime.
In 2019, Wright pleaded guilty to Facilitation of Murder in the First Degree and is currently serving time in prison.
Turner is charged with First Degree Murder and faces several decades in prison if convicted. Turner’s trial is expected to last at least two weeks. The jury will likely be sequestered. Additional Info https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local/trial-man-accused-killing-lorenzen-wright-scheduled-begin-monday/57AEO2DQWFB75AII73BUKX6JAE/
submitted by blu3dice
to CourtTVCases [link] [comments]
2022.03.13 09:14 whoceleb2022 What is the Age of Sherra Wright Robinson? Husband, Birthday, Sister, Bio
2021.08.11 08:13 toftr [Jones] Sherra Wright withdraws request to throw out guilty plea (soft paywall)
2021.08.11 08:12 toftr [Jones] Sherra Wright withdraws request to throw out guilty plea
2021.07.14 17:39 TheCommercialAppeal In ESPN E60 special, Sherra Wright implicates cousin in murder of Lorenzen Wright
2020.05.04 03:26 WatchMe_Nene 15 NBA players have been murdered.
Not all at once, I mean in the history of the NBA total. Here's the full list with bios and details. Let me know if I missed anyone! Sorry if this is too dark:
- Lorenzen Wright (1975-2010): Wright played in the NBA from 1996 to 2009, best known as a member of the Grizzlies, Clippers, and Hawks. He went missing in July 2010; his body was found over a week later in the nearby woods of Tennessee. A 911 call had been made from his cell phone, connecting with a dispatcher before 11 gunshots were heard. However, the dispatcher failed to report the call to his supervisor. In 2017, the gun believe to have killed Wright was discovered in a lake in Mississippi. Billy Turner was arrested in connection with the murder along his fellow church member Sherra Wright-Robinson---Lorenzen's widow. Likely motivated by her husband's $1M life insurance policy, Sherra was ultimately sentenced to 30 years in prison. Turner still awaits trial. Eerily, Wright's father (a former Memphis policeman) was also the victim of gun violence, having been paralyzed by a shot to the back when Lorenzen was 7 years old.
- Joe Fulks (1921-1976): HOFer Joe Fulks played his entire career with the Philadelphia Warriors between 1946 and 1954. He earned 2 All-Star selections, 4 All-NBA/BAA honors, won a ring in 1947, and led the league in scoring (23.2 PPG) the same year. Fulks set and broke the BAA/NBA single-game scoring record 4 times, culminating with a career high 63 points in 1949--a record that stood for over a decade before being lost to Elgin Baylor. Fulks also served with the Marines in World War II and later became the recreational director of the Kentucky State Penitentiary following retirement. In 1976, he was shot and killed by his girlfriend's son, Gregg Banister, during an argument over a handgun.
- Howard Porter (1948-2007): Porter played for the Pistons, among other NBA teams, from 1971 to 1978. As a collegiate player, he led Villanova to the NCAA Championship Game vs. UCLA, where he was named Most Outstanding Player; however, this title was stripped as he had already signed a professional contract with the ABA's Pittsburgh Condors. Following an NBA career plagued by addiction, Porter worked as a probation officer in Minneapolis for over a decade. In 2007, his badly beaten body was discovered in an alley. Police arrested a 33-year-old woman in connection with the crime, though she was released due to insufficient evidence. Rashad Arthur Raleigh was later arrested for Porter's murder and is currently serving a life sentence.
- Bison Dele (1969-2002): A career journeyman, Dele (born Brian Carson Williams) played his best seasons between 1995 and 1998 as a member of the Pistons, Clippers, and Bulls. He eventually won a ring alongside Michael Jordan in 1997 and allegedly dated Madonna before abruptly retiring in in 1999. An avid traveler and sailor, Dele set out from Tahiti on his boat, the Hakuna Matata, on July 6, 2002, along with his girlfriend Serena Karlan, his brother Miles Dabord, and skipper Bertrand Saldo. Two weeks later, Dabord returned from sea alone. Following a sting operation, Dabord was detained by police; it was soon discovered that he had forged his brother's signature to buy $152,000 of gold, while the Hakuna Matata had been re-registered in Tahiti with patched bullet holes. Dabord claimed that a fight between he and his brother resulted in Karlan hitting her head on the boat; when the skipper insisted on reporting her death, Bison killed the man, followed by Dabord shooting his brother in self defense. Fearing prison, Dabord intentionally overdosed on insulin, slipping into a fatal coma. Dele's body is assumed to have been thrown overboard in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
- George Trapp (1948-2002): Trapp played for the Pistons and Hawks from 1971 to 1977; his brother John earned a ring with the Lakers in 1972. Following an argument with his roommate, Jerome Miller, Trapp allegedly struck Miller with an ashtray, leading Miller to fatally stab Trapp in the abdomen. While Trapp underwent successful surgery, the wound became infected, resulting in pneumonia and death.
- Reggie Harding (1942-1972): Another Detroit Piston, Harding played in the NBA from 1963 to 1968 after becoming the first NBA draft selection without prior college experience. By all accounts, Harding was not a great guy: He allegedly carried a gun in his gym bag, playfully shot at teammates, robbed gas stations, became involved with drugs, and was eventually suspended by the NBA for the entire 1965-66 season. Worse, future Supremes singer Florence Ballard claimed Harding raped her at knifepoint in 1960. In 1972, Harding was gunned down at a Detroit intersection; while the case was never solved, it's safe to say Harding had no shortage of enemies.
- Anthony Roberts (1955-1997): Roberts played 5 seasons in the NBA between 1977 and 1984, best known as a member of the Denver Nuggets. Roberts was shot and killed by two men in the parking lot of his apartment complex following an alleged argument.
- Bubbles Hawkins (1954-1993): Best known as a member of the Nets from 1976 to 1978, Robert "Bubbles" Hawkins averaged 19.3 points per game in during the '76-'77 NBA season following the departure of Julius Erving. However, his career was ultimately short-lived. His body was discovered shot to death in a suspected Detroit crack house in in 1993.
- Jim Bradley (1952-1982): While not technically an NBA player, Bradley was an ABA champion in 1975 during a 2-year stint with the Kentucky Colonels. An alum of Northern Illinois University, he and former Illinois State player Bubbles Hawkins often faced each other on the court--however, their lives would follow a similar pattern right until their tragic ends. After a drug deal gone bad in 1982, Bradley was shot in the back in Portland OR, where his body was found in an alley.
- Ozell Jones (1960-2006): Jones played just one full season with the Spurs in 1984-85 before embarking on an overseas/minor league career. Following retirement, he opened up a men's big and tall clothing store in California. In 2006, he was found dead in his apartment with a gunshot wound to the abdomen; the case remains open today.
- Sid Tanenbaum (1925-1986): Tanenbaum played two seasons for BAA's Knicks and Bullets from 1947 to 1949. Following his basketball career, he opened up a metalworks shop. A pillar of his community, he would often loan money to his neighbors; however, when Tanenbaum refused to continue lending to a local 37-year-old woman, she stabbed him to death in his shop.
- Jack Molinas (1931-1975): Molinas played for the Fort Wayne Pistons during the 1953-54 season, earning All-Star honors in what would become his lone NBA campaign after being banned for betting. He was later implicated in the infamous 1961 point-shaving scandal (alongside Connie Hawkins and Roger Brown), serving 5 years in prison for his role, where he supposedly gained ties with the New York mob. In 1973, while awaiting trial for interstate pornography distribution, Molinas was fatally shot in his backyard just 9 months after the murder of his former business partner, Bernard Gusoff. Police could not rule out a mob-related motive.
- Gary Suiter (1944-1982): Suiter played 30 games for the Cavaliers during the 1970-71 NBA season. Following an argument regarding a gambling debt, he was murdered by Gary Randall Hoxsie, who was later sentenced to life in prison.
- Bob Hogsett (1941-1984): Hogsett only played 20 professional games for the Pistons in 1967 and the ABA's Pittsburgh Pipers the following year. He later served as an administrator for the Virginia Tech veterinary hospital. While motives remain unclear, Hogsett was confronted by carpenter Louis Dowdy on December 5, 1984, outside their place of work. Dowdy fired a single shot into Hogsett's chest before turning the gun on himself.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones (1992-2016): After going undrafted 2016, Dejean-Jones worked his way up from the D-League before starting 11 of 14 games with the New Orleans Pelicans. Just three months after signing a 3-year contract with the team, he became the first active NBA player to die following Eddie Griffin's fatal car crash in 2007. On May 28, Dejean-Jones kicked in the front door of what he believed to be his girlfriend's apartment following an argument. In actuality, his girlfriend lived one floor above. Dejean-Jones moved into the bedroom, where a sleeping resident awoke and fired through the door in self-defense. Dejean-Jones was struck in the abdomen and pronounced dead at just 23 years old.
submitted by WatchMe_Nene
to nba [link] [comments]
2019.07.29 09:52 DigzGwentplayer Sherra Wright transferred to Tennessee Department of Correction after plea deal in Lorenzen Wright’s murder
| || |https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2019/07/26/sherra-wright-transferred-tennessee-department-corrections-after-plea-deal-lorenzen-wrights-murde https://preview.redd.it/fd474kmf77d31.png?width=780&format=png&auto=webp&s=9061b3829c8845b1465aabb8ce04d4c5c6f2c8fc submitted by DigzGwentplayer to StephanieSooStories [link] [comments]
Staff July 26, 2019 at 2:34 PM CDT - Updated July 28 at 6:18 PM
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - Sherra Wright is now in the custody of the Tennessee Department of Correction.
Wright is the former wife of NBA star Lorenzen Wright. She pleaded guilty Thursday to her role in his murder.
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office said Friday afternoon that Wright was transferred from the Shelby County Jail East to the custody of the DOC.
Wright's guilty plea could change co-defendant's trial
Wright made a plea deal, agreeing to plead guilty to facilitation of Lorenzen Wright’s murder. She was originally charged with first-degree murder.
An alleged co-conspirator, Billy Ray Turner, is still awaiting trial.
Lorenzen Wright was a former player for the Memphis Grizzlies and the University of Memphis. He disappeared after a cryptic 911 call July 19, 2010. His body was found 10 days later in the woods in the outskirts of Memphis. The autopsy showed he was shot five times, execution-style.
Upon Sherra Wright’s guilty plea, the judge sentenced her to 30 years in prison, but she’ll be eligible for parole in about nine years. She will also get credit for time already served, which is just less than two years.
2019.07.28 09:07 przemkas Lorenzen Wright death: Ex-wife Sherra Wright's guilty plea latest twist in NBA star's murder - 48 Hours - CBS News
2019.07.28 08:15 nofeenews Lorenzen Wright death: Ex-wife Sherra Wright's guilty plea latest twist in NBA star's murder - 48 Hours - CBS News
2019.07.28 08:09 amigokomashiangeljr Lorenzen Wright death: Ex-wife Sherra Wright's guilty plea latest twist in NBA star's murder - 48 Hours - CBS News
2019.07.26 18:44 Pokemage343 Sherra Wright: Ex-wife of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright faces 30-year jail sentence over his murder nine years ago
2019.07.25 21:03 autotldr Ex-wife of slain NBA player Lorenzen Wright pleads guilty to planning his murder
This is the best tl;dr I could make, original
reduced by 66%. (I'm a bot)
Sherra Wright pleaded guilty in a Memphis court to facilitation to first-degree murder, and facilitation to attempted murder on an earlier attempt to kill the 13-year pro basketball player, who was killed nine years ago. Summary Source FAQ Feedback Top keywords: Wright#1 Sherra#2 murder#3 court#4 Memphis#5
Wearing an orange jail top, Sherra Wright answered a long series of questions from Shelby County Criminal Court Judge Lee Coffee, confirming that she's agreed to give up her right to a trial so she could plead guilty.
The player's mother, Deborah Marion, when given the chance to address Sherra Wright in court, was remarkably civil to the woman who planned her son's slaying.
It wasn't immediately clear how Thursday's court action will impact the upcoming trial of Sherra Wright's co-defendant, Billy Turner, who prosecutors say is a co-conspirator in the murder of Lorenzen Wright.
Sherra Wright's defense lawyer Juni Ganguli said had this gone to trial, he would have put witnesses on the stand to testify that Wright regularly beat his wife and kids for years, even after their divorce.
Turner, a landscaper in the Memphis suburb of Collierville, and Sherra Wright knew each other from attending the same church.
Post found in /news and /nba.
NOTICE: This thread is for discussing the submission topic. Please do not discuss the concept of the autotldr bot here.
submitted by autotldr
to autotldr [link] [comments]
2019.07.25 20:39 amigokomashiangeljr Sherra Wright pleads guilty of facilitation in murder of ex-husband Lorenzen Wright - WMC
2019.07.25 20:24 amigokomashiangeljr Sherra Wright takes plea deal in Lorenzen Wright murder case - FOX13 Memphis
2019.07.25 19:41 dannmiller Sherra Wright pleads guilty in murder of Lorenzen Wright
2019.07.25 19:40 dannmiller After guilty plea, Lorenzen Wright's tells Sherra Wright she wants to see her grandchildren
2019.07.25 19:19 crispy_attic Sherra Wright pleads guilty of facilitation in murder of ex-husband Lorenzen Wright